Search results

1. dwiseman57

Vertical alignment of icons in message window

Anyone know what code I need to change to adjust the position of these icons in my message window? I have changed things like font size and line height elsewhere in code, (and with plugins), which works for text spacing and sizing within my message boxes... but what about icons? Ideally they...
  2. dwiseman57

RMMV [Solved] Different font size in menus to messages

I am using Yanflu Core and Message Core to set my font size globally. However, I'd like to change the font size of my text in messages. I want it to be different from everywhere else. Therefore changing the setting in Yanfly is no good... because that changes it everywhere. Anyone know how to...
  3. dwiseman57

RMMV [Paid] Looking for someone to help me with my battle hud

I am using SRDudes HUD maker to show a custom HUD, in replace of the default front view. I am looking for someone to code a script or plugin for me that will show the damage being done to actors, on top of the HUD. E.g, if the enemy damages actor ID 1, then the top left portrait will show a...
  4. dwiseman57

RMMV Limit Battle Log to 3 Lines

Try as I might, I can't seem to get the Battle Log to limit to showing maximum of 3 lines of text. When someone casts something that effects 3 or more enemies, I get 4+ lines of text appearing in the BattleLog. I've even got a plugin, at the bottom of my plugin list with...
  5. dwiseman57

RMMV What script call to check if actor is taking damage?

I am using SumrndmDde to make a custom battle HUD in MV. Frontview. I want to display a picture, (e.g a lightning bolt) over my actors face when the actor is attacked. In the "condition" field of Hud Maker, I need to put something like BattleManager._targets._actorID==1 So that the picture...
  6. dwiseman57

RMMV Set text window position via variable

I have plugins installed, such as Yanfly Message Core (MV), which allows setting the window position of the "Show Text" event command via a text code, such as: \px[] \py[] for X and Y positions. This works great, but I want to set the position of the text window via a variable. Of course, the...
  7. dwiseman57

RMMV Yanfly Item Core, Independent Items and Select Item Command

Hi folks. I am using Yanfly Item Core to allow allow my player to create independent items. For example, a "trade bundle". On item creation, the trade bundle has a unique price. This works great! However, I am trying to set up the part where the player can sell the trade bundle and running into...
  8. dwiseman57

RMMV SumRndmDde's HUD Maker: Keep HUD showing during events? [solved]

Hey folks I love SumRndmDde's HUD Maker But it seems by default the HUD is hidden when an event is taking place. Any one know how to keep it showing during events?
  9. dwiseman57

Olivia Weapon Swap Plugin - Start game with weapons equipped

I am trying to have my game begin with the different weapon slots already filled. At the moment, I have to manually load the menu, go to equip and add the extra weapons as part of the Olivia functionality. Ideally though I want to write some script or notetag to have a weapon equipped during my...
  10. dwiseman57

Text being chopped off...

See how the top of the text on "Restores" is missing below? I've noticed this in my project lately. I have quite a few plugins installed... Before I go through one by one turning them off and on, anyone ever seen this before ? Is it something to do with "line height" somewhere? Maybe font size...
  11. dwiseman57

Move individual choice positions

I would like to be able to move the position of each choice in the "show choices" window. For example, in the screenshot below "Status" might be near the top, then "Workers" might be 100px below it, and so on. I have tried using Yanfly Message Core codes, e.g \py[0] and \px[0] but it wont...
  12. dwiseman57

How to get enemy value in script?

Hey all I am working on a custom HUD for my battles using SumRdDde Hud Maker. I am using the YEP Absorption Barrier plugin to give my enemies shields. I can use the script call below to get the current value of their shield: battler.barrierPoints() But it doesn't work - I think I need to...
  13. dwiseman57

Script call to jump straight to key items section

Hey folks I have a custom plugin handling my main menu. I want one of the menu buttons to take the player straight to the "Key Items" section of "Items" when pressed. This is my function Scene_Menu.prototype.commandKeyItems = function () { //Change this below to point to key items...
  14. dwiseman57

Add custom gauge to battle status window?

Hey all I am using Yanfly's Absorption Barrier plugin to give my character a "shield" in battle. (My game is a space sim, with ship-to-ship combat. Ships have shields!) I am also using Olivias Side Battle UI plugin however I can't find a way to add a shield gauge to the status window. I've...
  15. dwiseman57

How to hide skill name in battle log?

Hey guys. I've been stuck on this for a while. I've searched but nothing quite does it. I've posted on reddit and was recommended to post here, as I'm probably looking to edit some script rather than through a plugin... I want to hide the name of skills being used, in the battle log... BUT...
  16. dwiseman57

Looking to hire a JS dev for our MV game

Hey folks. I am looking to hire a JS developer familiar with RPG Maker MV to help us create some custom windows and plugins etc. Is anyone interested? Thanks
  17. dwiseman57

How to create a shop with variable prices

Can anyone help? I've been googling for hours and nothing I try seems to work... I want to be able to set the prices for items in a Shop Event, based on the value of a variable. For example, the value of "Potion" is set elsewhere and stored in a variable. When the player goes to a shop, I want...

Latest Threads

Latest Posts

Latest Profile Posts

A shotgun is not a rifle. Huh.
SIGH its so hard to convince my friend that making a game for fun and making one to sell takes different planning. I don't care about weird bothersome ways of doing things in a game made for fun, but when you are planning to market it, there is some stuff that you just have to streamline or cut out.
It might be a little bit boring and tedious, but building that database of armor, items, weapons and skills are super important.
More words of wisdom: Trying to make everyone happy will just make you miserable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
wxzlion