Search results

1. Raybrite

Skills or Items

Thanks. I am sort of making both and assigning them accordingly.
  2. Raybrite

What is the correct order?

Thanks. This project is keeping me busy. Glad I am retired.
  3. Raybrite

Round World?

Thanks. I was completely lost before. Ken
  4. Raybrite

Skills or Items

I have made skills named Ice2, Ice3, Ice4, and Fire 2, Fire3, and Fire4. Now I am finding that I could also have made these as Items to be sold in the store as individuals with a price. If they are Items, it should encourage more battles to gain more money to get them. If they are skills...
  5. Raybrite

There is no screen shot as I am still planning things on paper. I have listed the different things on a paper. Now I will try to explain it this way. I wish to add a new class called a Black Mage. She will use Fire, Ice, Bronze Thunder ( I must make it), and some others. Bronze Thunder will use...
  6. Raybrite

Round World?

Thanks everyone. I figured it can be done but not by an old guy who has forgotten most of the math he has ever learned. I am completely lost now and will probably just stick with my 2D map limitations. Thanks again.
  7. Raybrite

Round World?

Is it possible to make my world wrap around so that when you go off one side, you come back on on the other side so it is round instead of flat? I don't want to use scripts unless absolutely necessary as I don't know how to insert them. thanks, Ken
  8. Raybrite

I am going through the tutorials and am wanting to make assets for my game. I must make Actors, Classes, Skills, Items, weapons, Armor, etc. What is the correct order to create these? I am not using script, only the resources that come with MV. thanks, Ken
  9. Raybrite

Where can I get some information on setting up Players and enemies?

Thanks, I found some tutorials that seem to cover most of what I am trying to learn for now. I notice Sura_TC said to read it but I haven['t found much more than videos on youtube for now. Thanks a lot. I think I will be picking up a book on Javascript soon.
  10. Raybrite

Where can I get some information on setting up Players and enemies?

I managed to get all the resources from Steam into my database but when I try to find an enemy I must set up all the parameters. The only thing I really have is the image. If I am asking something that needs scripts, where can I learn those? I am left right now with just adding HP to the enemies...
  11. Raybrite

Defeated

I have the images and the audio. I noticed that the enemies all need to be made as to their traits. I guess I need to get busy to figure out how to do that. I am just hoping that there will be another video in the series to tell me how to do that as there are different languages between the VX...
  12. Raybrite

Defeated

I am coming over from VX Ace. I have made games with that program and it seems to have many more icons than MV. I realize I downloaded some extra assets that don't seem to be much more than I had before I downloaded them. When I open my database it looks empty compared to the one I have on VX...
  13. Raybrite

What specs are recommended for my computer?

I would download a copy of my Zipped game so far but it says it is too large. 20MB.
  14. Raybrite

I have found two things that seem to be causing the problem. One was a monster I had created just before the problem began and the other had nothing to do with the program. I had my Seagate 1TB external drive connected and it seemed to be slowing the whole computer down. Things seem to be...
  15. Raybrite

I traced my problem to a monster I made using instructions from the Beginner's Guide by Kelsper for VX Ace. If there were something like that for MV I would be following that. It seems that when I made that monster it slowed everything down for at least that screen. I have made games using VX...
  16. Raybrite

Confused about downloads

Thanks, Ken
  17. Raybrite

Thanks. Maybe I have another problem somewhere. It seems the longer I make my game, the slower it gets. I completed the prison where a member was held and the program started being so slow I thought it was not going to run. I am not using any scripts and the only events I am using are the ones...
  18. Raybrite

I have a computer that meets the basic requirements for MV. I have about 10 maps in my game and not it stops to download things because it seems to be too slow. What are the recommended specs for a computer to run a game with 300X300 size world. My game is only 100X100 and that seems to be too...
  19. Raybrite

Confused about downloads

I purchased MV and have 6 files to download. It looks like the top three are the same as the bottom 3 except for size. Do I need to download and install all 6 of them or what? It looks like there are not many resources with the top three. Only a few basics. Thanks, Ken
  20. Raybrite

Will there be a Manual for MV?

It seems that many on here do not want any documentation except the help file. Some of new people are not that good at it and some of us don't know code either. That is why we are here. I am going to try using the manual on using VX Ace on MV and see if I can make the game I made there on MV...

Latest Threads

Latest Profile Posts

A shotgun is not a rifle. Huh.
SIGH its so hard to convince my friend that making a game for fun and making one to sell takes different planning. I don't care about weird bothersome ways of doing things in a game made for fun, but when you are planning to market it, there is some stuff that you just have to streamline or cut out.
It might be a little bit boring and tedious, but building that database of armor, items, weapons and skills are super important.
More words of wisdom: Trying to make everyone happy will just make you miserable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
wxzlion