Search results

1. jjbones123

Trying to recreate a "quick draw" system in RPG Maker MV?

Hello, I apologise if this is posted somewhere it shouldn't be, I haven't used these forums in awhile. I'll keep this brief: i'm trying to create a simple system in which the player has to press the button at a certain time to win. The player should not be allowed to press the button too early...
  2. jjbones123

Trouble importing custom sound effects. Can anyone please help me?

I'm making a new project in RPG maker MV and was surprised to find out that MV doesn't support Mp3 files when the previous version of RPG maker (VX Ace) did. I've tried deleting the Mp3 file and importing it again but that didn't work. I even tried converting the Mp3 file to a .Ogg or M4A, but...
  3. jjbones123

Questions about MV's Zoom feature:

Hello! I have some questions about the script that can be used to zoom in the camera in RPG maker MV: My first question is: can you make the zoomed in camera follow the player? Here is the script I am currently using: var xPos = $gamePlayer.screenX(); var YPos = $gamePlayer.screenY()...
  4. jjbones123

More than 7 terrain tags?

I'm using terrain tags to add footstep sound effects when the player walks on certain tiles. (Example: If the player steps on a wooden floor tile, it will make a sound effect that sounds like they're walking on wood.) I know how to do it using terrain tags, but I've already used 6 of the 7...
  5. jjbones123

How to zoom in or enlarge the over world in RPG maker VX Ace?

I think the display in my game is too small; it's hard to see whats going on. It's easier to see when played in full screen, but it still isn't great. I've tried searching online and tried coming up with a solution myself, but nothing I try works. I hear MV allows you to zoom, but i'm using VX...
  6. jjbones123

Help with text box backgrounds and font please?

I tried searching the forums to see if anyone has similar problems and while I couldn't find anything, that maybe cause i'm not entirely sure how to word my question. It's also been awhile since i've posted a question on the RPG maker forums and it seems to have changed somewhat. So please...
  7. jjbones123

How to set specific resolutions for window size?

Okay so, i'm not entirely sure how to word this, but i'm try: I'm using the Fullscreen++ script. It allows you to fullscreen games made in RPG Maker by pressing F5 and you're able to choose from 3 different resolutions using F6. For the game I am currently making, I have a very specific...
  8. jjbones123

How to change all text in a game from white to black?

I know you can do  \C[number of the color you want] to turn the text from white to black, but to do that for every text box seems tedious. How can I change it so that the game uses black text by default? Is there an option or do I have to change some script??
  9. jjbones123

Does anyone know if it's possible to altar the Full screen ++ Code slightly?

I've been making a project in RPG Maker VX Ace. In my previous post, I asked for help regarding why the play test window would crash when I tried to play test the game i've been making in full screen. While I appreciate the help I was given, I was unable to solve my problem and so continued to...
  10. jjbones123

Why does RPG Maker VX Ace not respond when I try to play test in full screen?

So, I am operating on windows 10 and my graphics card is a NIVIDIA GeForce GTX 650 Ti. When trying to play test the game i'm making in RPG Maker VX Ace, I attempt to make the game full screen so I can see the small details in the game better. But when I push Alt + Enter at the same time, the...
  11. jjbones123

How do you customize highlighting a choice in a menu?

I would like to begin by saying that this is only my second time posting to this forum and using forums as a whole. In the last post I made, I was corrected by a developer, saying that I had posted my question in the wrong category and was kind enough to move my question thread into the RPG...
  12. jjbones123

How to make events that are only triggered by running/dashing?

Hello! :)   I'm new to both this forum and forums in general and i'm not entirely sure how to word my question but, here it goes: I'm making a game in RPG Maker VX Ace and I want one of the characters in my game to destroy breakable walls on the over world map by charging into them. To...

Latest Threads

Latest Posts

Latest Profile Posts

I'm a master in procrastination and have finally decided to educate people in this art in a seminar in Calais. Please don't come. I won't be there.
Testing some of my custom battlers (they're all trash, sorry).

a friend of mines said I need an elevator pitch for my game. he then went and gave me his for his comic... then I realized I have no idea how to explain my game the way he did his comic lol.
How much armor is too much armor I wonder....
Some people wished to be governed. Some people wished to be ruled.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ngoisaoviethouse