Search results

1. How to Update MV Non-Steam Version

How do I update MV to the current version since it's not a Steam version of MV. Do I just redownload, or something else? Mine current version is MV version 1.1.0. Will the script to convert VX Ace data to MV still work on the most recent update? What is the most recent update?
  2. In Game: Change Whether Event is Above or Below You

How do I change this below for MV? In Ace it changed whether any event doing this common event was above below, or on the same level as the player. The player goes through the event but whether it's above, or below the player must change sometimes. instance_eval("@priority_type = 1")
  3. VX Ace to MV Error: $game_player is not defined

Two more things I need to correct for MV are these below in script pieces. What coding grammar fixes needed here? I know $game_map will be $gameMap in the first one, but what's the rest become? $game_map.events[@event_id].direction == 2 instance_eval("@priority_type = 1")
  4. VX Ace to MV Error: $game_player is not defined

Does Javascript not allow underscores or something? Seems like the only reason you'd have to change $game_player to $gamePlayer just because it's Javascript.
  5. VX Ace to MV Error: $game_player is not defined

I'm converting a VX Ace to MV and got this error. error: $game_player is not defined A common event of mine uses $game_player.x and $game_player.y. Is the variable referring to the player your currently control at the front of the line different in MV than VX Ace?  If so what is it now?
  6. In MV What Are Each of the Multiple Installers For?

When I purchase RPG Maker MV there were several downloads as well. I used my license key to upgrade from the trial version, so what are these exta installs for. The install screen for each of these say RPG Maker MV, as what they're installing, so I don't know what each specifically does. The...
  7. Suggestions for the next RPG Maker

Text Box Additions More Formatting Symbols inside Textboxes             -allign: left, right, center             -bold, italisize, underline Allow Displaying Money Window with only a Choice Box -the money window only comes up after a non-choice text and while it can display during the...
  8. Suggestions for the next RPG Maker

It's a lot harder to do programming in battle.  It would be easier if we had battle conditions that we could check for in the actor and enemies, but more than just their hp.              common battle events -allows the same conditions as the pages for troops do which are different than...
  9. Suggestions for the next RPG Maker

I got thinking how to implement enemy animation without requiring it 's use and allowing easy implementation.  Here's my idea on how you could do it.             -Database/Enemies tab                      -add a category or window called Attack Animation -if none (the default) is picked the...
  10. Make 1 Specific Actor Leave Battle when Successfully Attacked

How can you make a specific actor leave a battle the first time he's successfully attacked by the enemy in that battle, and have the other actors continue battle?  Before this actor drops out of battle I want to show dialogue describing, in my words, what has happened.  I would want this to be...
  11. Suggestions for the next RPG Maker

Just for better organization and having to spend less time finding the commands.  45 uncategorized move route choices is pretty overwhelming until you learn where everything is and get used to it.  Even so, I think having categories would shorten finding time at least a bit, for everyone.
  12. Suggestions for the next RPG Maker

Categories in Move Route Like Event Commands Have I'm glad the event commands have categories, but I wish move route did too.  I have two ideas on how they could be grouped. 1. Absolute vs. Relative System absolute             move move down, move left, move right, move up, jump, move lower...
  13. Have Party Members Stay Put During Player Move Route

I'm not sure how I should do this but, I want to have an have the other party members stay where they are while the player does a move route which at the end returns the player where he was.  Even if I turned off the party members and used events once I turned the members back on they would be...
  14. Getting Battle Values

So then, how do I show the picture when the skill is used and stop showing it when it's finished and know which actor using the skill so I know what picture to show?  How do I put the picture in the location of the enemy.  Most of scripts out there are side view battle so they aren't so helpful.
  15. Getting Battle Values

Well, I want to make the battles a bit more like Phantasy Star 2 or 4 visually.  It shows the backs of the actors instead of a total first person view, though if you remove them it would look the same as a first person view.  Right now I just want to work out the logic of things and not worry...
  16. Fullscreen++

The black bars at the top and bottom are gone, but not the ones on the left and right.  Is this script supposed to get rid of them too, or is that even possible given the engine?
  17. Getting Battle Values

In Battle how do you get:             1.  Whether an actor is being ordered and which one.             2.  Whether a actor is being attacked, which one, and by which enemy.             3.  Whether an enemy is being attacked, which one, and by which actor.             4.  Whether an actor or...
  18. Suggestions for the next RPG Maker

New Move Route Command (change sprite) -different than change graphic because it will let you pick an invidual sprite image not just a sprite set (meaning the 9 sprites images) -with this you could set the sprite to any one of the 9 images or any of the 9 images in another sprite.
  19. Spawn from Another Map, it needs Separate Self Switches

So there's no way to do this.  Couldn't it make an id higher than what exists in the current map including other spawns on the map or even in the game?  Also where's your clone script, maybe that might still work for me.

Latest Threads

Latest Posts

Latest Profile Posts

I'm a master in procrastination and have finally decided to educate people in this art in a seminar in Calais. Please don't come. I won't be there.
Testing some of my custom battlers (they're all trash, sorry).

a friend of mines said I need an elevator pitch for my game. he then went and gave me his for his comic... then I realized I have no idea how to explain my game the way he did his comic lol.
How much armor is too much armor I wonder....
Some people wished to be governed. Some people wished to be ruled.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dayanaxia