Search results

1. jjbones123

Trying to recreate a "quick draw" system in RPG Maker MV?

I'm a little embarrassed to admit this: I tested what happens and at first, I thought it was nothing: No text box was displayed. As I typed this, I went back to the game tab and saw the text "too slow". It seems that a lose state does happen, just later than expected; I only discovered this...
  2. jjbones123

Really sorry for the late reply; computer issues. Here's how I have it set up: I want the game to all be operated using a single button. So an autorun event is used to initiate the game. Here it is: The 2nd tab/page is just to stop the event from auto running after it has served its purpose...
  3. jjbones123

Hello, I've tried a couple of the suggestions, but yours is pretty much what i'm looking for. I replicated the basics, but I seem to have one issue: the lose state doesn't seem to work. You can press it too early and win when the condition is met, but you can still win even after you're not...
  4. jjbones123

Hello everyone, Thanks for the feedback. I can't currently test these ideas as i'm out and about atm, but when I get the oppitunity, i'll look into the suggestions more. I just wanted to acknowledge that i've seen them.
  5. jjbones123

Hello, I apologise if this is posted somewhere it shouldn't be, I haven't used these forums in awhile. I'll keep this brief: i'm trying to create a simple system in which the player has to press the button at a certain time to win. The player should not be allowed to press the button too early...
  6. jjbones123

The Resource WIP Thread 3

Hello everyone! Been awhile. Quickly skimmed through some of the "new" (to me at least) sprites and artwork I haven't seen since I last posted to this thread. Some really good work here! Keep it up everybody!! I must confess, i've kinda moved away from RPG maker recently; been experimenting...
  7. jjbones123

@Sharm I tried reloading the page and attempts to open both mine and other peoples images in new tabs doesn't work for me. I tried disabling chrome's hardware acceleration setting and now I can see some of the images that wouldn't load before; but weirdly on some of them. If the images are...
  8. jjbones123

@Sharm Ah, damn. It seems to have effected me to. Does anyone know what causes that?
  9. jjbones123

Hello everybody! :) Hope you're all doing well. I've been working on a few sprites and while I think they're an improvement, I think these sprites are either missing something extra or need more work... First i'd like to start with this character: she is supposed to be in her late teens and as...
  10. jjbones123

Game & Map Screenshots 9

Hello everyone! :) Sure has been awhile since I last posted anything on the forums. Haven't been working on my game as much as I use to; started attending a college course and hitting the gym. But when i'm free, I sometimes still work on the game and come a little closer to its completion. I've...
  11. jjbones123

Trouble importing custom sound effects. Can anyone please help me?

@Andar Ah! that's what I was doing wrong. I removed the spaces from the name of the file and converted it from MP3 to OGG and it works. Thanks! :) To those wondering, I had tried both simply renaming the file (.ogg at the end instead of .mp3) and converting it using A.V.C; any video converter...
  12. jjbones123

Trouble importing custom sound effects. Can anyone please help me?

I'm making a new project in RPG maker MV and was surprised to find out that MV doesn't support Mp3 files when the previous version of RPG maker (VX Ace) did. I've tried deleting the Mp3 file and importing it again but that didn't work. I even tried converting the Mp3 file to a .Ogg or M4A, but...
  13. jjbones123

Questions about MV's Zoom feature:

Going full screen isn't the same as using the SetZoom script. But it's ok because I have found a solution. I did some experimenting and discovered that if I gave the script to an event and then set it to parallel process not only does the camera follow the player now, but the zoomed in effect...
  14. jjbones123

(Having to make multiple posts because I maxed out the amount of files I could upload with the last one) My first question was about the camera. The setZoom script zooms onto the players SPAWNING point, not the actual player character. This is a problem because the player can actually walk off...
  15. jjbones123

I refer to it as zoom because that is what the script I am using refers to it as Though I did have to have it explained to me by a Youtube video and i'm not entirely sure whether it's a custom script or a common command I wasn't aware of until now because most of what I know about RPG maker is...
  16. jjbones123

What do I need a plugin to do? Sorry, not trying to be rude, but are you referring to all 3 questions or just one? You can zoom in without a plugin using the script I mentioned, but are you saying I would need a plugin to do the more advanced stuff i'm asking about?
  17. jjbones123

Hello! I have some questions about the script that can be used to zoom in the camera in RPG maker MV: My first question is: can you make the zoomed in camera follow the player? Here is the script I am currently using: var xPos = $gamePlayer.screenX(); var YPos = $gamePlayer.screenY()...
  18. jjbones123

The Resource WIP thread 2

Hello again everyone! I really do apologies for taking so long to reply, i'll make a long story short and say that i've had stuff going on that hasn't allowed me much free time to play around with sprites. Better late than never I suppose. Regardless, I would like to thank people for their...
  19. jjbones123

The Resource WIP thread 2

Hello everyone! :) Hope you're all doing well. I myself facing a slight dilemma: I'm planning to upgrade my current project from RPG maker VXAce to RPG maker MV and because of this, I am redrawing my character sprites from 32 x 32 pixels to 48 x 48 pixels. Which is good because it allows me to...
  20. jjbones123

More than 7 terrain tags?

@Guiguimu Thanks you so much for the help! Sorry for the VERY late reply. While the script is nice, I think i'll be using the region method. It's very similar to what i'm used to and I don't plan to use random encounters anyway. Also, this might sound weird but i'm trying to use as few custom...

Latest Threads

Latest Posts

Latest Profile Posts

I'm a master in procrastination and have finally decided to educate people in this art in a seminar in Calais. Please don't come. I won't be there.
Testing some of my custom battlers (they're all trash, sorry).

a friend of mines said I need an elevator pitch for my game. he then went and gave me his for his comic... then I realized I have no idea how to explain my game the way he did his comic lol.
How much armor is too much armor I wonder....

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Tuzorramadrejajajjaj