Search results

1. Solwern

Using MP Cost in skill formula

Copy and paste the formula into each skill formula then just manually enter an MP cost. It's better than entering an MP cost and flat value for formula everytime. What I'm saying is this really: Let's say skill 1 has an MP cost of 10 Let's say skill 2 has an MP cost of 100 Formula for both...
  2. Solwern

Well yeah, every skill would have a different MP cost or TP cost. What I'm trying to do is this Damage Formula = ((a.atk-b.def)*a.skillMpCost) Something like that. That way I can just use that formula as a universal formula rather than inputting a unique formula for each skill. It is easier...
  3. Solwern

Yeah I'm aware of that, what I wanted to do was have the game pull the MP cost itself as a base value so that I won't have to re-input it for all the skills of that type. Nothing was really dynamic with it, was just hoping there's a quick and easy way to just tell RPG Maker to use the default MP...
  4. Solwern

Well before delving into other scripts, is there a script call RPG Maker uses for skill MP costs that I can input into the formula box? using a.skill.mpCost does not work and neither does user.skill.mpCost nor this.skill.mpCost. Though I am aware it is a fixed number, it is something of a work...
  5. Solwern

How do I make it such that the MP cost of the skill is part of the damage formula of a skill? Is this innate in RPG Maker MV or do I have to code it in?
  6. Solwern

Exporting to Android (MV Android Client)

Receiving the following errors with this method: app/build.gradle Failed to resolve: common Open File clientapi/build.gradle Failed to resolve: common Open File libandroidapi/build.gradle Failed to resolve: common Open File libgoogleplay/build.gradle Failed to resolve: common Open File Also...
  7. Solwern

Use javascript to draw an array of tiles etc...

Why not call the notetags from the database and program preset actions in your code? (referencing yanfly's action sequences) That should reduce your effort a great deal. Otherwise, learning Javascript isn't the problem, it's the coupling with HTML and SQL that most tutorials seem to do that is...
  8. Solwern

My complete newness to javascripting from scratch (I am familiar with coding in general). Hence I was asking if the game engine could facilitate something like this before seriously attempting it. Don't want to make the extra effort to learn javascript when I'm already learning C++ for a rather...
  9. Solwern

There would be switching but no other party members. It'd make the game battle scenes too confusing.
  10. Solwern

When do you predict the next new RPG Maker will arrive?

Pixel Game Maker MV, this year. Though it's not really RPG Maker, it's still something to look out for.
  11. Solwern

Yeah definitely something like the green tiles you have there but the mechanic I'm thinking of is that characters can move about whilst the guage is building up. Similar to this: But I have a few adjustments in mind. Though at this point, I'm considering learning something more advanced z.z
  12. Solwern

Ah I really wanted the battle to occur on the battle instance rather than n the map itself, rather I wanted the game to accept player input during the process turn phase of the battle.
  13. Solwern

Hello, haven't posted here in a while and I'm working on another project (finished my first, need money to upload to steam) but anyways, what I'm doing right now is working on a custom battle system which I can't seem to get working. I have looked around but seen no examples so far so I'm...
  14. Solwern

PSI Magic Now available on Itch.io

PSI Magic v1.0.1 Changes: - Title screen music Changed - Additional information on the Synergize ability added in the beginning. Talk to the lady near the barricade. - Added Maguis Field identifiers for the Coldflare space.
  15. Solwern

(Mv) Local PVP

Then you can cheese it using skills that attack the same party members and using yanfly row formation script to have player 2 set in the enemy area, facing the player. I don't know how exactly you plan to implement this multiplayer but using the above method has a lot of dependent prerequisites
  16. Solwern

(Mv) Local PVP

A script like this would require a complete rewrite of the game's base combat system in which it would: 0) remove all system dependencies 1) Download opponent details 2) Perform appropriate designations (enemy actor vs user actor) 3) Determine action from manual response rather than automatic...
  17. Solwern

Game released and demo available on itch.io: https://solwern.itch.io/psi-magic-full-version

Game released and demo available on itch.io: https://solwern.itch.io/psi-magic-full-version
  18. Solwern

PSI Magic Now available on Itch.io

PSI Magic v1.0.0 Created with RPG Maker MV Download/Purchase Here *DEMO AVAILABLE!* If I forgot to give credit please let me know. Synopsis The battle between the Aurea and the Legion was never ending and lasted for several decades of centuries. Ten years ago, one of the Legion, a person...
  19. Solwern

I made a few things in Blender!

Nice, just increase the amount of sampling and you have yourself some nice pictures.
  20. Solwern

Game & Map Screenshots 9

Boss battle, how does it look? :) Makes use of yanfly action sequences for the moves and effects. Music is custom made.

Latest Threads

Latest Posts

Latest Profile Posts

uOy9Wjc.png

Something something.
Dev be like: "I'll make the character goes amnesia so I could explain the world and the lore better and immersive to the players"
Whoever decided that the 5th area of Xenoblade 3 had to be THAT big and be explored in the manner it does needs to be shot. My OCD cannot leave a tiny shard of the map hidden and those controls can go right on and f*** themselves. -.-

/rant off
Raggon wrote on NoPatience's profile.
:kaohi:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
renice