Search results

1. DawnStar

Making progress relearning MZ's core plugins and Javascript's current standard and best...

Making progress relearning MZ's core plugins and Javascript's current standard and best practices. I feel like I can start writing plugins any moment now. Nothing too grand yet, but progress is progress.
  2. DawnStar

RMMZ [SOLVED] Need help on how to add a new command window during Battle

Thank you very much for all the suggestions, I will try this as soon as possible! Edit: Thanks @caethyril, I got the window running and I understand the code a lot better now. Adding a check for my window in Scene_Battle#isAnyInputWindowActive, this alone doesn't seem to pause the game flow...
  3. DawnStar

RMMZ [SOLVED] Need help on how to add a new command window during Battle

To explain what I'm trying to do, during the Battle process, I want to add a small 'Yes/No' Command window that should pop up after the player has selected actions for all party members. Normally, once the last actor has decided an action (attack, skill, etc.) the turn starts immediately. I...
  4. DawnStar

Recently played OneShot and it's reminded me how a game doesn't need to be very long or have a...

Recently played OneShot and it's reminded me how a game doesn't need to be very long or have a big complex story or gameplay to be good and interesting. It's a RPG Maker game that does unconventional things I would never dare trying to do but it's a cool one nevertheless.
  5. DawnStar

Boss Battle Build Bout! Sep 13th-Oct 4th!

I'm so very much looking forward to this!
  6. DawnStar

Custom vs Default Character Names

I used to change the name of the MC only and leave the rest of the cast with their default names, except in games where you're asked to name the characters and offer no defaults, like some DQ, SMT or Etrian Odyssey games. I'm not fond of the idea of naming everyone however you like, if the...
  7. DawnStar

The Touch the Stars Game Jam Starts Now! $2k in Prizes!

I found out way too late, this might have been a good chance to finally make myself try MZ. Oh well, good luck to everyone participating!
  8. DawnStar

I got the same tendecy... and I don't think it's a problem either. I generally try to balance my...

I got the same tendecy... and I don't think it's a problem either. I generally try to balance my story between light and dark moments, but as the plot thickens they only grow darker. Not to sadistic levels but definitely heavier than I originally intended.
  9. DawnStar

This is the day where every single thing you see on the internet has to be taken with a grain of...

This is the day where every single thing you see on the internet has to be taken with a grain of salt. I've already jumped at a couple news before saying "Oh, right, wait for the 2nd..." xD
  10. DawnStar

Monster Hunter Curiosity

I'm also new to Monster Hunter, when Rise came around it picked my interest, I tried the demo and ended up liking it, so I decided to buy it in the end. As a newcomer I can say it's a challenging game but nothing that's impossible to overcome, it just requires a little patience and the ability...
  11. DawnStar

RMMV Obtain in battle ON SELECTION target name

Use similar procedure but with enemy window instead: SceneManager._scene._enemyWindow.enemy().name() This will give you the enemy name in the database plus the letter (A, B, C) if it has one.
  12. DawnStar

What is your "ideal" amount of party members in a standard RPG?

To me 6 total party members works great, it is not too much nor too little, and I also like to have 3 characters in the active battle party, without locking the MC, which allows for a few party combinations. I draw great inspiration from games like Chrono Trigger, Shadow Hearts Covenant and...
  13. DawnStar

So true. I loved Final Fantasy's Victory Fanfare, so simple yet catchy, I'm glad they kept it...

So true. I loved Final Fantasy's Victory Fanfare, so simple yet catchy, I'm glad they kept it all they way through their games.
  14. DawnStar

Should you make an automated system to adjust the strength of Bosses?

I wouldn't use it on every boss, maybe a few select /optional bosses. It kinda defeats the purpose to have a Recommended Level for a Dungeon / Boss if their strength is going to be determined by the character's level, unless there is some sort of cap to how much the stats are altered (so I can't...
  15. DawnStar

How do I create a "forced loss" battle?

Just my two cents, if you want to avoid what ATT_Turan said, you can also just make the enemy faster than the party and give them attacks that obliterate the party on the very first turn without having them sit through needless turns. Same result and may not annoy the player that much (I...
  16. DawnStar

Games to tug your heart strings.

I kinda forgot FF7 Crisis Core as well, but that was truly something. Also, add in Kingdom Hearts 358/2 days. You can't finish those games without crying at least once. About Persona 4, I don't remember exactly, but I think I know what you're talking about. I didn't want to believe it my...
  17. DawnStar

Video games you swear were real but can't find?

I played a DS game that sounds just like the one you're describing. It took me a bit of googling since I didn't remember the full name, but it seems to me you're talking about Avalon Code
  18. DawnStar

Games to tug your heart strings.

Undertale did this to me. I happened to see a youtuber talking about it and digged the retro-jrpg like style, picked it up not expecting much from it, but playing it shook me to my very core. Not gonna spoil anything but that game changed the way I feel about videogames and life in general.
  19. DawnStar

Finally defeated the Phantom story boss in Bravely Default II. Seriously it's been a while since...

Finally defeated the Phantom story boss in Bravely Default II. Seriously it's been a while since I had such a hard time in an RPG that I had to develop a whole new strategy to survive. This is giving me some wicked ideas I can maybe tweak for my game though :hwink:
  20. DawnStar

Let's Make a Scene Contest: ♡Heart Edition♡ Winners

Congratulations to everyone who participated! I had a blast watching everyone's entry, as well as working on mine. Fitting everything under 5 minutes was the hardest challenge for me, I always ended up surpassing the time limit so I had to cut, rewrite and adjust a lot of stuff. It ended up...

Latest Threads

Latest Posts

Latest Profile Posts

Voice.gif
The Voice... They usually show up to talk to you about leaving your mark on the world, which is one of the major themes of my game... How will you be remembered by society.
The only time my brother shows me any kind of support is by liking or LOL my Facebook Comments.
I finally finished the Coliseum for my game. Love how it looks. Credits for the assets goes to Kokoro Reflections, @Starbird_Resources, and @megumi014.
Colossuem.png
Mimics! Mimics everywhere!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
bongdaso