Search results

1. shockra

Creating a music loop

I've been working on some music for a game, but I have a possible issue. I can create a loop from beginning to end, but if I want to have an intro that doesn't loop, I can't make that work. If I have the intro, it loops with the rest of the song. Is there a way in RPG Maker to have such an...
  2. shockra

RMMZ Designating a battler's sprite

I'm trying to create a plugin that allows certain skills to fire a projectile at the target (or targets). I think it's close to done, but I can't find the code to get from the battler object to its sprite. I have the skill's user's sprite figured out, but I can't get the targets. How can I do...
  3. shockra

How equipment works

I'm trying to create a plugin that add new ability scores to the game. I've got it set so that the scores are set, but I'm having trouble getting equipment to alter the scores. It should be rigged so that the notetags should add to the necessary score to the equipment, but I'm not sure how get...
  4. shockra

Changing image sizes

I want to try altering the size of certain elements in the game. My main concern is that the battle enemy sprites by default are too big for me to create. My art is decent, but when I try to make them that big, they're ugly. Basically, I want to reduce the resolution of the battle screen so...
  5. shockra

YEP Party Limit Gauge question

http://yanfly.moe/2016/02/06/yep-67-party-limit-gauge/ I'm trying to incorporate a system where the Yanfly's Party Limit Gauge is used as an alternative resource. What I've got so far is that most skills would require using the gauge (power) to use skills. That includes enemies, which is...
  6. shockra

How to Create Cutscenes

This is a lesson I created to show cutscene creation. It begins in the second door in the East Hall (I changed the sign to the name Shockra) You may need to complete the orientation to start the class. Download NPCs: Shockra: The teacher of the class. He's a brilliant engineer, but...
  7. shockra

Stuck with Yanfly's Buffs & States Core

I'm trying to create an effect similar to the Runic effect from Final Fantasy 6. The idea is to absorb and negate magical attacks, but instead of gaining magic, the Power Meter increases. The Power Meter is basically a modified use of Yanfly's Party Limit system...
  8. shockra

Ascension (Demo) (A Fantasy RPG Maker Game)

Synopsis: The world is at peace, and has been for as long as anyone can remember.  But that's about to change when a meteor falls from the sky onto a small island. Enter Davros, a young man who has lost memory of everything except his name.  He awakens in a large crater and sets out to...
  9. shockra

Yanfly Selection Control problem

I'm having an issue with one of my plugins.  When I try to use a potion on an ally, it won't let me target them; it only targets the enemy.  When I turned off the Yanfly Selection Control plugin, it worked as normal, so I know that's where the problem lies.  The question is, how do I fix it?  Is...
  10. shockra

Trying to make a skill tree

For a game I'm planning, I want to make a passive skill tree.  I want it to be similar to how the skill tree in Diablo 2 functioned, with a few categories built into each character that the player can choose from.  But to simplify things, I want each 'skill' in the tree to be chosen only once...
  11. shockra

Inner Focus to add stats

I'm trying to come up with a passive state called Inner Focus, and I want it to set a counter during battle that increases with certain effects.  The issue I'm having is that I want the character with the passive to gain magic attack based on the number of counters the character has.  I'm using...
  12. shockra

Changing stats with passive state

This might be a stupid question, but I've been stuck for hours on this. As characters in the game level up, they gain skill points that increase their skills in certain areas.  I'm using variables to keep track of skill points and where they go, but where I'm stumped is how to increase, say...
  13. shockra

ATK Increased with a certain weapon

I have sort of an idea of how to do this, but I need some help to get the exact code right.  I'm creating a variable-based skill point system in my game.  What I can't figure out is how to increase a character's attack power if they're using a particular weapon.  Like in the image below, I want...
  14. shockra

Skill Points on Level Up

This may be a stupid question, but I'm having a hard time figuring this out. I'm trying to use a skill point system similar to what Dragon Quest 8 has.  At level up, a character gains skill points, which they can spend in various skills.  For example, one character can learn sword, axe, and...
  15. shockra

Scripting: Using a variable to find a level

I'm trying to make a priest that is designed to remove certain conditions from a character for a price.  I've figured out how to get the variable to determine who needs healed, but the problem is that I want the recipient's level to affect the price.  Basically, I have the variable of the actor...

Latest Threads

Latest Posts

Latest Profile Posts

Finished switching to a new PC. Now I could potentially start working at projects or plugins again if I feel the motivation to do so.
If you don't read the news, you are uninformed. If you read the news, you are misinformed.
Custom slip rates and custom ailment durations for enemies really opens up the floodgates for status effect use. I can have Poison and Time Stop affect bosses without it breaking their balance! Finally, a healthy middle ground.

(Especially after I cooked up a thing that prevents you from re-applying deadly states more than once in specific occassions.)
Voice.gif
The Voice... They usually show up to talk to you about leaving your mark on the world, which is one of the major themes of my game... How will you be remembered by society.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
XxTonyXDxX