Search results

1. Is it possible to create a tileset without tiles?

Could you close the thread? Thanks again!
  2. Is it possible to create a tileset without tiles?

Thank you, I really just didn't know what that technique was called. I've now searched for parallax mapping and found many helpful results! Should I delete this question?
  3. Is it possible to create a tileset without tiles?

I want to create hand-drawn doodle style graphics, so I drew a map on my drawing tablet. Knowing the grid nature of the game engine, I drew the map on a square grid (i.e. outlines for all walls, paths, doors, and objects are aligned to a grid). To put it simply, I made an image (attached below)...
  4. Remove state not working

@Kes sorry I did not know that. I'll take note from now on, thanks!
  5. Remove state not working

I could not find this function in the help and documentation. Is there a reference list of all the functions I can put in the formula box?
  6. Remove state not working

I'm seeing it right now, uploaded it using the built-in file upload in the forum.
  7. Remove state not working

I completely overlooked that! This clears up this issue and opens some other possibilites, thank you very much!
  8. Remove state not working

First off I want to say thank you, this community has been amazing, with all the helpful and swift responses! I'm trying to implement a sidearm where the player can use a gun as a secondary weapon. In order to use the gun, the player must "consume" an ammunition item from the inventory. Doing...
  9. Make troops' only appear if a switch is on? (No plugins please)

I've made my game such that the player can choose which side to fight on. If they choose A, enemies from B will be encountered in the overworld. If they choose B, enemies from A will be encountered in the overworld. Is there a way to do this without plugins, and preferrably without having to...
  10. Player-inputted names keep showing as the default name.

I see now, I added the character to the party "initialized" before leaving the first map. Must have missed that in the tutorials. Thank you so much!
  11. Player-inputted names keep showing as the default name.

The player names a supporting character in the first map. On the same map, \N[2] shows the correct name that the player typed. However, when the player is in a different map, \N[2] shows the actor's default name. I have no plugins installed other than the Community_Basic that came preinstalled...

Latest Threads

Latest Posts

Latest Profile Posts

The game's already out there. Now what?
It has now gotten to the point where I need detailed excel spreadsheets to track where every individual enemy on the map is, what type of enemy they are and how many rooms you need to pass through to make them respawn.

I'm simultaneously proud of my diligence and would never wish this torture on even my worst enemies. :kaoswt2:
Variation two of my nameless protagonist- now with color!!
WIN_20220815_21_48_46_Pro.jpg
thoughts?
Fun question - how do you manage the scope of your projects? All of my projects seem to balloon until they pop and they are suddenly nonexistent!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MayShouE