Search results

1. Yawgmoth

Party System

Hi all, My battle system is set up and allows only one battler at a time, the other party members are followers and I can switch them in or out. The issue is I would like to use items on the other party members, and only my active battler is able. I am using the following plugins: Yanfly...
  2. Yawgmoth

Party Member Script to check for class X and level X?

Greetings all, I want to run a couple conditional branches to check if any party member is class X, if so then check if that specific party member is level X, if neither is true do nothing. I need to use a script call to accomplish this. I can not use any event options or scripts that rely on...
  3. Yawgmoth

Dream X Capture Enemy Plugin vs Actor Common Events

Hi all, I need a creative solution for a series of common events in my new project. The common events are called with Himes Level Up Events Plugin, but the issue I am having is using Dream X's Capture Enemy Plugin, link as follows...
  4. Yawgmoth

Non-party member skills available in battle?

Hi all, So I was brainstorming a concept and I don't think their is anyway to accomplish it without a script of some kind. I would also be interested in other possible options but felt this was the best most likely place to post my question. I have an actor who is not in the party but is the...
  5. Yawgmoth

Where to place a sample project?

Came across a series of complicated but interesting plugins that came with a sample project, I wanted to take a look and figure out how to set up and use the notetags and plugin parameters via the sample project but I have never used a sample project and am unsure what folder to place it in. Any...
  6. Yawgmoth

On/Off 'Through move route'

Hi all, So I am working on a map with floating islands and some overlap one another, but am having issues allowing the player to walk beneath the other islands. I have tried to event this using transparent and through move routes and I can get it to sort of work but I can't turn the through off...
  7. Yawgmoth

Name Input Event for MV

Hi all, I was wondering if there was a way to use a conditional branch in conjunction with the name input during an event? I would like to know if it was possible to have the conditional branch check an actor for a specific inputted name? I know you can check for a specific actor in the party...
  8. Yawgmoth

RPG Maker MV Centering a picture on Actor Sprite while on a map?

Hi all, I have a .png image with 225x63 dimensions. I am calling it using a plugin that activates a common event before a random encounter. I want the 225x63 image to be centered on the actor before the combat starts. I've searched the web and forums and have not found any way to do this. Any...
  9. Yawgmoth

HIME_RandomEncounterEvents Plugin Setup for MV

Hi all, I am trying out a new plugin that allows me to call a common event before a random encounter. In this case I am calling a battle intro. This plugin requires me to set a variable id in the plugin's parameters and create a common event. During test play it tells me to press F9 and alter...
  10. Yawgmoth

Armored Ice Golem Static Battler

Resource Type: (SV Battler) Maker Format: (MV) Art Style: (Cartoon similar to aekashics art) Description: (My game has a boss who is a fallen knight who's soul has been imprisoned inside an ice golem, the battler should be composed of shades of blue or white with sections of it's body that...
  11. Yawgmoth

Rolling Snowball or Stone Event

Hi all, I am using MV and have a simple event that uses conditional branches to move an event when the player touches it. It's set to move when the player presses up, down, right, or left and has a conditional branch for each. I have a SE attached to each branch and it plays a rolling sound...
  12. Yawgmoth

SRD Retry Cost Plugin Help

Hi all, I just picked up sumrndmdde's Retry Cost Plugin from http://sumrndm.site/page/3/ this plugin works with the SRD Game Over Core plugin which is located above the Retry Cost Plugin and required for Retry Cost Plugin to work. I also picked up the SRD Retry Upgrade which is located beneath...
  13. Yawgmoth

Yanfly's Attachable Augments Questions

Hi all, I'm using Yanfly's Attachable Augments Plugin along with Yanfly's Equip Core. I was wondering if there was a way using the augments to change a weapon's type to another specific weapon type. EX: Lets say you have an Axe but your rogue can't use it he only uses daggers. You now have a...
  14. Yawgmoth

Automatically casting animation at start of battle?

Hi all, So I have a party size of 4. I want only the party leader to be visible at the start of combat and perform the casting action while an animation appears beneath party member 2, 3, and 4 making them suddenly appear and then the animation stop. I want all of this to take effect before the...
  15. Yawgmoth

Yanfly Actor Party Switch Plugin Extension?

I using Yanfly's Actor Party Switch Plugin for RPG Maker MV located below. http://yanfly.moe/2016/06/17/yep-108-actor-party-switch-rpg-maker-mv/ I was hoping to restrict the party switch feature to the party leader's turn while choosing the two actors to switch. Instead of allowing the same...
  16. Yawgmoth

SumRndmDde Stat Distribution Plugin Error

I just downloaded SumRndmDde's Stat Distribution Plugin and its Core engine. located here: http://sumrndm.site/stat-distribution/ Anyways I have set up the notetags and used a plugin command to give the first actor in my party the required points to boost stats and adjusted plugin parameters...
  17. Yawgmoth

How to Random Loot Quickly

Hi all, I have a fairly complete database of weapons, armors, and items. I am using Yanfly's augment plugin to add sockets to armors and weapons which considerably increases both weapons and armors. I am looking for a fast and easy way to generate random loot. I think I would like this to be...
  18. Yawgmoth

Enemy that adds State on Death

Hi all, In my game I have a class that has a skill that adds a special state. I want that state to cause a 10% increase of max HP whenever an enemy dies. I am using Yanfly's Buff and State Core Plugin to control stacking to a max of 5 times. I just can't seem to get a foot hold on this issue...
  19. Yawgmoth

Felski_Tech Tree Plugin Problems

Hi all, I've been working with this new plugin I found. Felski_Tech Tree Plugin. You can find the plugin and relevant information including a demo at https://felski.itch.io/felski-skilltree anyways when I play test the game and hit the escape button to bring up the main menu I receive an error...
  20. Yawgmoth

High Score Page Plugin for MV?

Greetings, I've looked everywhere for a High Score Plugin and haven't found anything yet, if someone knows of one please post a link. If not I would like to suggest a High Score plugin similar to classic arcade games that draws on a variable as a score and automatically places the highest...

Latest Threads

Latest Posts

Latest Profile Posts

The game's already out there. Now what?
It has now gotten to the point where I need detailed excel spreadsheets to track where every individual enemy on the map is, what type of enemy they are and how many rooms you need to pass through to make them respawn.

I'm simultaneously proud of my diligence and would never wish this torture on even my worst enemies. :kaoswt2:
Variation two of my nameless protagonist- now with color!!
WIN_20220815_21_48_46_Pro.jpg
thoughts?
Fun question - how do you manage the scope of your projects? All of my projects seem to balloon until they pop and they are suddenly nonexistent!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Mig8blog