Search results

1. Check for weapon

Hey guys! I thought about adding a guard that doesn't let the player through as long as they don't have a weapon and some armor. How can I do this, given the fact that I would need a script for this?
  2. RMMZ Add state outside of battle

Hey guys! The Visustella Battle Core can add state to actors in battle. Is that possible outside of battle as well?
  3. Return to place after defeat

Hey guys! I have two questions concerning battles: 1. The CanLose attribute is present in map events. Does that work in the database as well? 2. With the CanLose condition enabled, how can I make my characters return to a place (i.e. a church) once they got defeated?
  4. RMMZ Use variables in quests

Hey guys! For my first quest with Visustella's Quest plugin, I want the player to collect a certain amount of items. I know I have to do this via variables, but how exactly should I do that?
  5. Goblin sprites

Hey guys! I'm searching from some Goblin sprites. I would need a character, a damage sprite and a face graphic.
  6. Layering sprites

Hey guys! In Ren'py, there's the possibility to layer different sprites to save room on the hard drive and coding time: https://www.renpy.org/doc/html/layeredimage.html That got me thinking: is that possible in VN Maker as well?
  7. Set route depending on event ID

Hey guys! I'm using Pokemon Essentials with RPG Maker XP, and I'm thinking about an event where Oak catches the player before they go into tall grass. That's got me thinking: since on the the right side, there is a wall blocking the player, how can I set a movement route depending on the event...
  8. Change a single tile

Hey guys! I want to test out a system that changes a single tile on the map with an event. By tile changing, I mean changing a tile into another tile from the same tileset (for example when unlocking parts of a map that were previously blocked). How can I do that?
  9. Using variables as choice options

Hey guys! I wanna make some fast-travel crystals, and to do this, I wanted to see if we can use switches and variables as choices for the Show Choices command. Is that possible?
  10. RMMZ Help with Items Core Equipment

Hey guys! As I'm using the Items and Equip Core from Visustella, I noticed that when I add more equipment types (I wanna add hand- and footwear for more variety), they don't appear in the menu. Can I know how I can solve this?
  11. Localizing sounds

Hey guys! In Visual Novel Maker, I know that we can localize text. Then what about sounds? Can we localize them too?
  12. AND branches for conditions

Hey guys! For the beginning of my game, I wanna make an event check if the player has visited all shops of the town once before they can proceed. That's why I ask: is there a way to create "and" branches for RPG Maker MZ?
  13. RMMZ Unfailable quest

Heyg uys! I'm toying around with the Visustella Quest System plugin, and there was a question in my mind: since main quests are required for story progression, how can I make unfailable?
  14. Text code in name box

Hey guys! I know that we can use text codes for our message. That got me thinking: can we also use text codes for the name box of the message?
  15. RMMZ Error when loading files

Hey guys! I'm using the Visustella Save Core, but some reason, whevener I want to load a save file, an error message pops up: "Couldnot load save file". How can I solve this?
  16. Place tiles above shadows

Hey guys! I'm currently making my first inn at the start town of my game, and I ran into a problem: how can I place tiles above the shadows created with the shadow pen?
  17. Action during message

Hey guys! For cutscenes, I thought it might be cool to show or change something while a message is still playing, which is common in visual novels. Can I do that in RMMZ too?
  18. Select single frame

Hey guys! For the damage sprite, I wanted to know if I can select a single frame with events. Thta could be useful for creating cutscenes.
  19. Make images float

Hey guys! I want to know how to make images float, which I want to use for the gods and the fairies in my game.
  20. Camera travelling

Hey guys! I want to do a cutscene where the camera starts at the bottom of the map then slowly moves up towards character on the pedestal. How can I do this?

Latest Threads

Latest Profile Posts

Here is an work in progress (unfinished as of now) Music Album i'm making:

The songs are entirely made with this site:

Please tell me what you think about each song!
The game's already out there. Now what?
It has now gotten to the point where I need detailed excel spreadsheets to track where every individual enemy on the map is, what type of enemy they are and how many rooms you need to pass through to make them respawn.

I'm simultaneously proud of my diligence and would never wish this torture on even my worst enemies. :kaoswt2:
Variation two of my nameless protagonist- now with color!!
WIN_20220815_21_48_46_Pro.jpg
thoughts?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Elwetritsche