Search results

1. Kricketot

Script that allows for Guard to bypass other actions.

What I need is fairly simple as a concept. If an actor has two or more actions, and the player selects the guard option at any point while selecting actions, all other actions are ignored, the game moves on as though all actions were selected, and the actor uses only guard that turn. That is...
  2. Kricketot

Prevent different actors from wearing same equipment

# credit goes to Trihan for providing me with an idea as to how this works. # # i recognize this is not optimal code, nor the optimal solution, but it's # better than nothing. i barely know how coding optimally would look or work, # but i'm sharing this so anyone with my problem won't be...
  3. Kricketot

I managed to, after looking around, figure out how to make the script myself. It works. I have no idea why it was being treated like an impossibility. Retooling my entire game vs writing like, only like, 17 lines of code doesn't seem like a fair fight. Sure it's not optimally coded, as I only...
  4. Kricketot

Much easier suggested said than done. Some enemies can drop equipment, which allows for it to be acquired repeatedly. The game is essentially done, save for stuff like needing this script, so re-adjusting every single shop (which already use another script to function) wouldn't be viable. This...
  5. Kricketot

The way my game works is that there is no standard equipment, instead each piece of equipment serves a special purpose and can be equipped in a specific slot. The result of this is that I want players to try and figure out the best equipment for each character on their own, which also means I...
  6. Kricketot

A script to change item effects when in-battle.

I can't thank you enough for this!
  7. Kricketot

That was my assumption, too. It was my first instinct and I was shocked to find the effect didn't trigger at all. Both out of battle and in-battle, the script simply didn't do anything with this modification.
  8. Kricketot

I have a basic healing item that restores all MP, but it's outclassed by the tier directly before it as a result of MP never getting high enough to require the 100% restore. As a result, I decided to make it so that said item also buffs MP, increasing it temporarily. This sounded nice until I...
  9. Kricketot

[VX Ace] modern algebra's Global Text Codes error

I got impatient and tried to fix it myself. I completely and 100% blindly guessed what I should do, and made it so that the help window, when refreshing, converted the text to a string with .to_s, and it worked. I am in genuine shock. Thank you to anyone trying to help, but it seems the problem...
  10. Kricketot

First, I have the one from my current project: (the slight edits I've made to some scripts change the line slightly) Second, I made a new project and only put the three scripts, proving my slight edits thankfully are not related: (only code snippet, global text codes, and backtracer were...
  11. Kricketot

I know what's causing this issue, but not WHY it's causing this issue. The Global Text Codes script by modern algebra is giving me the error "undefined method 'gsub' for nil:NilClass", and I've found that it's due to a snippet of code I found and edited. class Scene_Battle < Scene_Base...
  12. Kricketot

A script that allows for the escape option to be disabled mid-battle?

THANK YOU SO MUCH!!! This works PERFECTLY!
  13. Kricketot

A script that allows for the escape option to be disabled mid-battle?

What I'm looking for is fairly simple in concept. There is a timer in my game that is constantly ticking down. If it reaches 0, the player is either forced to fight a strong enemy, or the enemy is suppose to join the battle, if the player is in one when the timer runs out. All of this works...
  14. Kricketot

Yanfly Instant Cast + Common Event issue

Shockingly, the solution was simple. I had a friend toss this suggestion out. I just make the actor use another instant skill at the end of the common event. For those who are like me, and having multiple actors using the same skill, use this script to get the user's id in the common event for...
  15. Kricketot

The purple background is a custom asset, the black is the battle background, and the word shop is the custom battle command script, completely unrelated to the issue. The bug occurs with and without the script. Thank you. :)
  16. Kricketot

It's the default one; sorry I didn't mention that, I thought the screenshot would cover that, but in hindsight I can see how that may not have been clear The thing is, it's NOT SUPPOSED to vanish, because when using the Instant Cast script, the skills you set as instants are used on the spot...
  17. Kricketot

I'm trying to make a boss battle that grants the player a skill for the duration of the battle that they may use as many times as they wish for free. The skill itself triggers a common event that contains a series of text boxes and a pseudo-shop made of events. The skill uses Yanfly's Instant...
  18. Kricketot

RMMZ Plugin to stop Force Action from actually using an Action.

I'm looking for a plugin that stops the Force Action command from actually using one of the player's actions. If I have an actor that moves twice per turn, and the first skill he uses calls a common event that calls a force action, making him attack an enemy, that uses both of his actions. This...

Latest Threads

Latest Profile Posts

Here is an work in progress (unfinished as of now) Music Album i'm making:

The songs are entirely made with this site:

Please tell me what you think about each song!
The game's already out there. Now what?
It has now gotten to the point where I need detailed excel spreadsheets to track where every individual enemy on the map is, what type of enemy they are and how many rooms you need to pass through to make them respawn.

I'm simultaneously proud of my diligence and would never wish this torture on even my worst enemies. :kaoswt2:
Variation two of my nameless protagonist- now with color!!
WIN_20220815_21_48_46_Pro.jpg
thoughts?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Elwetritsche