Search results

1. Nol

Out of combat talents (lockpick, jump, search...)

Tl : dr in Bold I'm trying to implement 6 talents (named such a way to avoid confusion with skills) in my game. Said talents should use a user defined base value (chosen at start) and a modifier derived from their stats. I got a way "working" and completely home made, using 3 variables for each...
  2. Nol

Limiting Instant skills to 1/rd (YF)

As the titles suggest, i'm using YF's Instant skills, and to avoid spamming, i'm also giving them cooldowns. A munhckin got his hands on my demo, and stacked instant buff skills, amplifying his damage in a way i hadnt anticipated. Is there a way to limit the amount of instant actions in a...
  3. Nol

Adding a line in Yanfly Damage_Core formula

I'm trying to add a check for three separate states (that cannot be used together) : Power tactics : Reduces the hit and adds damage Precision tactics : Increases hit and reduces damage Speed tactics : Reduces Eva but increase every skill's SPD Modifying Hit is easy (traits), but...
  4. Nol

Triple linear condition Formula check

I'm using a skill to add different states depending on the actors level ; it'll be a very recuring type of skill, so i'll need to master the syntax. I looked up some Ruby tutorials, and came up (100% self made, beware) with this : if (a.level < 4) { a.addState(74); } else if (a.level < 7...
  5. Nol

Recover Mp = Variable (x) + item bonus to var (y)

I'd like to limit Mp regen in my world, by making it so that Mages only regenerate when sleeping, and 10% of their Mmp + (bonus from a stat) + (bonus from items) I envision creating a variable : Var 1 = Bonus from stat of Actor 1 Var 2 = Bonus from equipement of actor 1 Var 3 = Var 1...
  6. Nol

Restricting a skill to a specific map

I'm looking for a way to have a skill show up only on one map, tried playing with a conditional map iD event... but well now i'm here ^^ It's a teleport to safe place Skill, but it should only be accessible on a specific map, but "Map Id =" is not available in the conditional branch Ooooh...
  7. Nol

Checking for evaded hit on the previous turn

Is there a way to have a conditional branch is a skill checking for whether or not the user has dodged an attack on the previous round. For simplicity's sake, anything "physical hit" can be considered an attack. Thanks !
  8. Nol

Adding somethin between action selection and it's execution

Hello to you reader ! After a discussion with Shaz and by discussion i mean him throwing the rocks of truths at me, (in a nice and caring way though), i discovered that it is impossible to add a "menu" or shennanigan between the selection of a combat action (in this case and hereafter...
  9. Nol

Using variable in a formula

I'm trying to build a system in which a spell's effect depends on variables : User A selects a spell, a window pops up and asks if he wants to overcharge the spell (Ie : pay more to get a better effect/damage) Depending on his answer Variable Overcharge is set to say +2 I'd like a way...
  10. Nol

Hit Vs MEV for magical accuracy

Basically i'm looking for a variant of what Victor Sant did for his accuracy plugin, which set's up an individual formula in a skill's notebox (thus allowing me to tailor the skills) And then use that formula in lieu of Hit/Eva. You can still use hit and EVA in the formula, but EVA won't...
  11. Nol

Animated Sv battlers positionning

Whie many ask questions about this, i cant seem to find my particular problem. So either i fudged something, or it fairly simple, or insanely niche. Here is what i have when i combine YF's Sv battler : Before i start touching around X's and Y's, i'd like to cross off the possibility...
  12. Nol

+x% Hit on level up

TL:DR : I want a way, any way, to add a hit increase per level to a class. Formula should be customisable as to give différent classes varying bonuses. I've actually been trying really hard alon on this one, here is what i tried ; Using Hime's on level custom event plugin Failed ...
  13. Nol

Screen resolution in combat

Hey ! I've tackled a solo project about three weeks back, life was good, i had fun mapping, designing monsters and imagining classes and epic lootz. Then i gave my démo to someone, and asked them to break the game. Oh boy. I now have a wall of post its, each with a problem needing to be...
  14. Nol

Yanfly weapon Unleash for no Mp cost ?

Yanfly (who now has a place in my pantheon) made my crits much more fun with Wepons unleash plugin, enabling my unique weapons to mimic spells. I wanted to use them to spice up a warrior's auto attack, but the problem is, the skills used drain MP, a ressource said warrior doesnt have much...

Latest Profile Posts

I remade/fixed my Elf XP Mack Templates. The Ears are looking better now.
Male Update.pngFemale Update.png
You can check them out, they are in 12 recolours, both Human and Elf Versions!
I'M BACK BABEY!!!
College is hitting me a lil' softer than I expected, so I'm back on MV!
And to kick things off, here's a lil' test of a tileset edit I made today! (Took me, like, 5 hours, considering this was the first time I've EVER used GraphicsGale...)Edit test SUCCESS.PNG
Red_1,png.PNG
I don't know when I'll have time to finish this, so I'll post this mostly complete version now. Another major character of my project, his name is Red (at least until I can think up a better R-name). In case he looks familiar, it's because his design (and personality) is based directly from my favorite anime character of all time (who is, unfortunately, fairly obscure).

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FreddChan