Search results

1. SumRndmDde's Character Creator-EX plugin: F.A.Q's

hey guys. how on earth does the custom color funciton work? I've been trying to change the default colors in the super tools engine for a few hours and I've made no progress. Changing the hue literally does nothing to the colors, changing saturation from -1 to 0 makes them totally gray and from...
  2. SRD Character Creator

Hey, how do the custom colors work? I've been tinkering with the basic options for so long and have truly no clue how they work. It says Hue, Saturation, Brightness and Grayscale, which sounds like HSL or HSV, but making my own colors produces such strange ones that I couldn't expect. Like how...
  3. Custom Character Creation + Sideview Animations

I checked that plugin out a little bit before posting this. it seemed to be more an extention of the vanilla character creator, rather than something that would work with my own art (that looks nothing like the stock chibi characters). Do you think it would be possible to just replace the ingame...
  4. Custom Character Creation + Sideview Animations

Hey all. Like most RPG's, I want the player to create their own character at the start of the game. In combat, I hand animate the attacks every player / party member uses on the screen. The animation isn't just the "effect" of the attack (like a slash without the char shown), it shows the...
  5. Fallout 1 / 2 Style Battle System

They would be able to use it twice before their turn was over. The idea is that every turn you use all your Action Points, then every turn they completely refill. So if you have a max of 10, and an attack costs 2 and an item costs 5, you could use two items that turn, or 5 attacks, or an item...
  6. DoubleX RMMV Action Cost

Hey, quick question. Not sure if anyone is listening or will read this anytime soon but I'm very interested in how I think this mod will work. You said that this plugin allows you to increase the action slots of each ability. So if I were to increase the "action slots" of a skill to, say, 99...
  7. Fallout 1 / 2 Style Battle System

I should probably rephrase a bit just incase the situation isn't how I posed it to be. I don't need a real time battle system, hexagonal spaces, AI improvements or anything like that. Everything vanilla is perfectly fine except I just need a system where instead of your turn being you move...
  8. Fallout 1 / 2 Style Battle System

Hey all, quick question. Fallout 1 and 2 have a system where you've got action points (AP) every "turn" in combat and you can use those for a variety of actions, like moving, attacking, opening inventory, etc. When you run out of AP, you can't move any more, and it then becomes someone else's...
  9. Unique Accuracy Formula for each Skill

Thanks so much. I get what you mean now. Very appreciated!
  10. Unique Accuracy Formula for each Skill

Hey, thanks for the quick reply! This all is very promising, and seems to be exactly what I need. I have a few questions though. So I'd just paste that top code into the Hit Accuracy plugin wherever? I assume thats the case. For the accuracy notetag variables, I'm more confused. If you put...
  11. Unique Accuracy Formula for each Skill

Hey all. I have a game which resembles the fallout series in it's mechanics / statistics. For example, there is a melee weapons skill that is supposed to influence the damage and accuracy of just melee weapon skills in combat. I can make the "melee weapons" skill into a variable and have that...
  12. Using Math.floor on All Damage Formulas

Oh my god. That's honestly so clever. How did I not see that. Thank you!
  13. Using Math.floor on All Damage Formulas

I checked out this thread earlier today: https://rpgmakermv.co/threads/damage-formulas-101-mv-edition.2172/ My game uses low damage numbers, and after a bit of testing, I found out that any decimal .5 or over rounds damage values up, while I want all non-whole numbers to round down. Damage...
  14. Begin Battle with Status Effect

Just tinkered around with it for a bit and got it to work. You've been systematically fixing my game almost every day this week, you legend. Thanks.
  15. Begin Battle with Status Effect

I've successfully set up my game to have a series of passive skills (status effects with no icon) that apply forever using YEP Auto Passive States, and one of those passive abilities is adding a three-turn status effect to one character once battle begins. If you've player Paper Mario TTYD, it...
  16. Flat Stat Changes on States

My bad. I figured Base Param Controls was just for the formulas. Thanks for the help.
  17. Flat Stat Changes on States

I know that YEP Core and a few other YEP plugins (auto-passive states, maybe) can allow you to add flat bonuses to weapons, armor and items. For my game, I use really low number values (all stats are under 20, one point in a stat = one max mp change) so percentage changes are not a good idea for...
  18. Luck Stat Clarification

Gotcha. So it's multiplicative and 0.1 = 10% bonus. Since stats in my game cap at 20 (and few characters will spec that far into one stat) I think I'll go with 0.1 per point. Thank you so much for the quick reply.
  19. Luck Stat Clarification

Hey all. I'm trying to make luck in my game the primary way to increase status effect chance on your abilities, but I'm not sure exactly what the formula "Math.max(1.0 + (user.luk - target.luk) * 0.001, 0.0)" is doing. I know that it means every 100 points of difference between your luck and...
  20. How To Modify Status Effect Base Formula

I have no actual idea where to go to edit a part of the game files so I can do this. What I want can't be changed through plugins or events, so I need to tinker around with the formula that determines the chance to inflict a status effect. Anyone know which file needs to be opened? Where to...

Latest Threads

Latest Profile Posts

I remade/fixed my Elf XP Mack Templates. The Ears are looking better now.
Male Update.pngFemale Update.png
You can check them out, they are in 12 recolours, both Human and Elf Versions!
I'M BACK BABEY!!!
College is hitting me a lil' softer than I expected, so I'm back on MV!
And to kick things off, here's a lil' test of a tileset edit I made today! (Took me, like, 5 hours, considering this was the first time I've EVER used GraphicsGale...)Edit test SUCCESS.PNG

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tanta