Search results

1. CharcoalKidd

Non-Traditional Sins

I'm looking for non-traditional sins to theme some levels around. There's the obvious Big Seven: Lust Envy Greed Pride Wrath Sloth Gluttony But I've also heard some interesting minor ones: Mirth (presumption with one's own happiness) Apathy (detachment from the world) Risk (think gambling)...
  2. CharcoalKidd

Skill Template?

I'm not sure if this would fall under Ace support or RGSS3 support, but I'll try it here. Say I wanted to make a more complicated skill. In this case let's say it has to do with doing more damage depending on the number of states afflicted. If the skill was too long for the formula box, you'd...
  3. CharcoalKidd

Disable skill through script?

I'm writing a script, but I can't figure out how to gray out a skill. I'm trying to gray out any skill that has a TP cost higher than another variable I've previously determined. I've trying friggin' around with "enable?(skill)" under Window_SkillList, but that hasn't yielded anything. Suggestions?
  4. CharcoalKidd

Concede additional moves?

If I have an actor set to "Action Times+: %100" so they receive an additional move, is there any way make a skill concede this move and end the turn early? I'm thinking along the lines of having characters that attack three or four times, but have an "Execute" skill that ends the turn and...
  5. CharcoalKidd

Balancing a System without MP

I'm shopping around for ideas for battle systems, because I'm tired of constant resource management. What do you feel is the general consensus on games that don't use a limited resource like MP for strong attacks? Do you feel it's too easy to just spam powerful attacks and win? Or in order...
  6. CharcoalKidd

General Skills Menu?

Maybe a meticulous detail, but is there a way to, instead of listing all the skill types (Special, Magic, etc.) on the commands menu, have a command titled 'Skills' that opens another window containing all the skill types? Otherwise, is there a script that already does this?
  7. CharcoalKidd

Set Variable to Skill ID?

Basically what the title says. Is there any way to set a variable to the ID of a skill that's being selected in battle? I say this with the intent of it changing every time the player's turn comes around and they select a different skill. Is there a script that allows skills to control...
  8. CharcoalKidd

Tracking Player Cancel Input?

Long time Maker, first time poster. I've been conceptualizing a battle system that uses events (I'm a negligible scripter), but I've come upon a hiccup. What I want to do essentially is have a bar at the bottom of the screen that fills up, and draws on a hidden variable, so that once the...

Latest Threads

Latest Profile Posts

Anyone here know a @Sonheruu? Pop over to their forum activity for a sec lol
Game Making Every Day #19 :kaosalute:

Uploaded my short game to itch.io just to see how it works... It doens't. Failed to load IconSet.png it says.
Yeah okay. Not wasting another second on it. :\
I wonder if anyone would be interested in free character art from me...

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
TsusnyKhan