Search results

1. Chompil

help with RGSS Web Kit (RWK)

so.. I accidentally deleted it. *facepalm* can someone with VX Ace please open this demo & copy the script in it? my VX trial ended.. https://www.mediafire.com/file/n0opmvf91vrf9o2/Opened.zip/file never mind. found it. posting here, if anyone needs it (works for both VX Ace & RPG Maker XP)
  2. Chompil

Game & Map Screenshots 11

it looks very natural and beautiful, except those dark tree tops. I always disliked this autotile. I'd edit the tileset to a have a "tight group of trees" instead, assuming you can make it tile properly, to easily make borders.
  3. Chompil

emotional attachment to your party (monster raising RPG)

yes, that's one of the monsters. glad you like it ^^ and I actually considered a "ranger" kind of plot, where you go around helping people and monsters. I can see this working. each ranger-mission would have a specific monster to save. they can be the "basic monsters" (hatchling) which then...
  4. Chompil

ok, thanks for the feedback
  5. Chompil

Hello again. I'm working on a monster-raising RPG. I'm looking for ways to make monsters feel special to the player. encourage emotional attachment to them. like, no fusing two monsters, and no easy way to get 99x of the same monster. (so players will deem 98 of them inferior/useless). I was...
  6. Chompil

help me improve a "Priest" Job

actually, that fits perfectly with the Sephirot, as they're combinations of each other. the sage is already a jack-of-all-trades. I can make weaker versions of each ability, and spread them to other jobs. Healer can use a bait with sedative, priests can play a lyre to heal status and lure foes...
  7. Chompil

well, there's my problem XD I started with a base idea of the 7 sephirot which each represents a job/ playing style. I did list all the game resources to see if the jobs are useful/balanced, but didn't consider challenges the player will face. though, the main challenge is defeating monsters in...
  8. Chompil

nice. increased damage to evil monsters + defense boost + purifying cursed monsters.. yeah, that'll make it a viable job. and add some coolness factor, play as evil-fighter of sorts
  9. Chompil

I really like this idea. either defense buffs, or prevent status conditions. maybe instead of seeing ghosts, priests can lower damage from Dark or Ghost monsters
  10. Chompil

thanks. but I have a Healer job that does healing, and my game isn't an RPG in the regular sense, there are no mages casting fire/ice attacks, etc. the shaman can be seen as a mage, though, so it's not too far? maybe Priests can protect their team from status conditions. would that be more...
  11. Chompil

So, my game has 7 jobs the player can choose from. they give different abilities. ie: a shepherd can lure monsters with a flute, to fight them all together. hunters can catch animals for hides, etc, or poison monsters with a poison dart. the shaman can see hidden things/ reveal ghosts. but the...
  12. Chompil

apparently it was both the '/' and the json. thanks ^^ this code works fine, just for reference host = "date.jsontest.com" path = "" post = "?format=json" result = EFE.request(host, path, post, 80)
  13. Chompil

thanks, I'll try something which returns JSON
  14. Chompil

Recently found this script, supposed to allow sending web requests (GET/POST) and fits RGSS, RGSS2, RGSS3. anyone familiar with it? original topic at RPGMakerWeb I can't get it to work though. feels like something silly, as it's supposed to work, and it's a simple GET request. here's my code...
  15. Chompil

RMXP install file

does anonye have an old install file for RMXP? I recently re-installed my RPG Maker XP, by downloading the trial from the official website. sadly, there's a bug with the new version in windows 8, which makes the 'transparent' color dark red. it's hard to see the tiles and charcaters with such...
  16. Chompil

good luck~

good luck~
  17. Chompil

(still)working on a RMXP script which gives eventers more power

(still)working on a RMXP script which gives eventers more power
  18. Chompil

Trying to make an array that holds equipment.

I've noticed you've never set the variables slot_id or @item_id. this may cause the nil error you mentioned. also, you shouldn't save both an armor and a weapon for each equipment, it's either or. try something like: list = []actor = $game_actors[2]equips = actor.equipsfor i in...
  19. Chompil

I do hope this is animal skin /shudders

I do hope this is animal skin /shudders
  20. Chompil

ask Chompil

lol btw, I'm a she :)

Latest Profile Posts

I just realized that the 69th Common Event in my game is for the skill "Fall for Me," which inflicts Enthrall on all foes. :kaodes:
FallForMe.png
ScreenShot_10_1_2022_3_48_29.png
Wave's Elite guard comes to attack while you traverse Lab 5... They've got jetpacks too.
Making a weapon stronger according to the user level!
God, I wish I could afford a big band for my game. Not like... Foo Fighters or whatever. A big brass band. For ridiculous jazzy nonsense ala
Let it be known that I am very forgetful, and I often forget that I was engaged in conversation with people
here (and every other community I'm on). So if I ever stop replying to PMs or comments, please don't take it personally and just send me a reminder to reply XD

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tommy8bit