Search results

1. Trihan

Trilobytes MZ #1: Limited Stock Shop

Limited Stock Shop v1.02 Trilobytes by Trihan Introduction This plugin allows you to set up shops which sell finite quantities of various game items, useful for if you want a unique item that will only be sold once, limits on purchases of powerful items, or an NPC that shows up in different...
  2. Trihan

Evidence-gathering thread to pinpoint a reproducible environment for VisuStella CTB softlock bug

Hi folks! For a while now, users of VisuStella's CTB battle system plugin have been experiencing a bug that soft locks the game, but it's so rare that nobody has yet been able to reproduce it consistently enough to provide a bug report project that they've been able to consistently replicate...
  3. Trihan

Trilobytes Extensions: Galv's Actor Equip Items Extended (add/remove slots using equipment)

Galv's Actor Equip Items Extended v1.01 Trilobytes by Trihan Introduction This plugin was written to address a forum request. Galv's Actor Equip Items is a fantastic and versatile plugin, but one feature it lacks is the ability to have pieces of armour that increase or decrease the number of...
  4. Trihan

Trilobytes Message System XP

Message System XP Version 1.00 Trilobytes by Trihan Introduction This script gives RMXP most of the same additional message codes as are available in Yanfly's Ace Message System for VX Ace. Features - Ability to display more than 4 lines of text at a time, controlled by a configurable variable...
  5. Trihan

No MP? No Problem!

No MP? No Problem! v1.00 Trilobytes by Trihan Introduction This plugin was written for JamieSabriel to respond to the request at https://forums.rpgmakerweb.com/index.php?threads/rmmz-actors-do-nothing-if-they-lose-the-required-mp-for-their-spell-before-they-cast-it.145271/ but I decided to...
  6. Trihan

A Primer on Database Traits and Effects

Hello! It's come to my attention that there doesn't appear to be a comprehensive list of exactly what the traits/effects are and how they work, and I've seen more than a few people confused by a couple in particular. And as the resident making-comprehensive-lists-of-things guy around here, I got...
  7. Trihan

How to create respawning resource nodes using a single variable and a common event.

Tutorial Title: How to create respawning resource nodes Brief Description: This tutorial will teach you how to implement a system of harvestable resource nodes which replenish themselves on a timer without the need for many game variables or huge nests of conditional branches. Requirements...
  8. Trihan

Is there a solution to the issue with hanging nwjs processes in test play?

This happened with MV as well. Intermittently (though more often than not), after exiting a game in test play, an nwjs process is left behind that uses up all my CPU cycles. Has anyone else experienced this or found a solution to it? I used to think it was to do with closing it via the "X"...
  9. Trihan

How to implement every possible Yanfly Tips & Tricks effect in MZ with VisuStella plugins

Hi all. This is by far one of the biggest topics I've seen people asking about, to the point where I've been commissioned twice to make an MZ project containing all of the T&T effects. So I figured I'd make a topic about how to implement them all yourselves. If no other plugins are specified...
  10. Trihan

Suggestion Allow element absorption by default via entering negative numbers for Element Rate.

Description of the Feature: The ability to enter a negative number in the input box for the Element Rate trait, allowing native absorption effects. Mockups: Why is this feature good? This feature is great because of the following: Element absorption without relying on plugins, a feature...
  11. Trihan

RMMZ Is there a plugin for variable map movement speed on parallax layers?

I'm trying to do a city street map that has several parallax layers (background, distance, mid distance, foreground etc.) and obviously in order to properly convey depth the layers further back need to scroll with the map slower than the closer ones do. Does anyone know if there's an existing...
  12. Trihan

RMMZ A primer on data class mapping.

Ahead of the new Jump into Javascript, I've noticed a fair number of times before that many people seem to struggle with the connection between the global $dataxxxx objects and the editor's database, so I thought I would provide a comprehensive list of those classes and the properties they map...
  13. Trihan

RMMZ var, let, const and our Lord and Saviour the console.

Since I've come across a significant number of people lately who aren't aware of some of these things, I thought I'd write a post covering just how useful the console can be to us in game development. And I know there's probably some confusion around the change from "var" in MV to "let" and...
  14. Trihan

[Suggestion] "Script" option for event page conditions

Description of the Feature: In addition to the current event page condition checkboxes, add one for "script" This would have a similar input box to the ones that are currently available to Control Variables and Conditional Branch Mockups: Why is this feature good? This feature is great...
  15. Trihan

[Suggestion] Conditional plugin parameters

Description of the Feature: Plugin parameters with visibility depending on the value of another parameter e.g. a select type that only appears if a boolean parameter is "true". Mockups: Condition not met: Condition met: Why is this feature good? This feature is great because of the...
  16. Trihan

The official VisuStella notetag help thread

It's come to my attention that a fair number of people are having issues getting their heads around the new JS injection parameters and notetags present in VisuStella's core plugins, and therefore they're struggling to achieve the effects they want. This will be especially true of people who...
  17. Trihan

Effekseer, RPG Maker MZ and you: how to make the animations work

Hi all! I've seen a few people asking questions about this, and I ended up noticing a few things myself that'll probably trip people up, so I decided to make this quick tutorial topic to explain exactly how to make your Effekseer animations work in MZ. The tutorial in Effekseer itself has a...
  18. Trihan

Debugging using the console

Hi everyone! Answering a recent post has reminded me that a lot of users don't understand how powerful the console is and how you can use it to better understand what makes your game tick, so I decided to extract that part of the answer into its own post. For anyone who doesn't know, when...
  19. Trihan

The beauty of Array.prototype.map() and Array.prototype.reduce(), and how to use them together

Hello, sports fans! Ahead of the next issues of Slip into Ruby and Jump into JavaScript, I'd like to cover a couple of functions that I consider an absolute godsend to the language (which are also available in Ruby for the VX Ace users) which make some seemingly-complex operations an absolute...
  20. Trihan

Trihan's lunatic notetag workshop (VX Ace)

Similarly to my thread in the MV forum, I'm making this thread to help people achieve specific effects for their skills/items/whatever when using Yanfly's scripts. It doesn't necessarily have to be limited to that; if you're struggling to find just the right line of Ruby to make your Steal skill...

Latest Threads

Latest Profile Posts

Sometimes I wonder why I still try and recruit others to help with my games. It never works.
ScreenShot_10_3_2022_4_27_17.png
welp, thanks to Luna MV, I was able to add the Balloon as a window... thus allowing me to edit the font color and outline... so now it looks like comic bubbles above characters. I have NO idea why I couldn't get this to work through more conventional means, but here we are.
CUTE CUTE CUTE.gif
I cannot cease doing cute art
War and Wonder is a 100% choice-based open-world visual novel.
1664821313732.png
1664821466359.png
1664821547746.png
Going live soon on Twitch, and will continue Fortunastreet's game "Verloren". For those who are curious, you are welcome to join ;)

-> Franz' Twitch channel

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Syczewski