Search results

1. mikey1393drago

Set event location does not work when the player is transferred to a linked map

Well @Dev_With_Coffee. Having it so 'erase event' is deleted and 'self switch a' is off, it now works despite the jerking and the fact that I need to turn off the raft so that it only works over the lake and not on the land. I made the raft event after much toil, to be controllable via the...
  2. mikey1393drago

I think it still uses that system for every other RPG maker software after that, but yeah. I just can't figure out why the set event location thing is going wrong. I have the exact same event with the variables for both of the maps in question. The transfer event into the linked map, should then...
  3. mikey1393drago

That is why I have two raft events. One raft event for the two maps. @Dev_With_Coffee That is what the youtube tutorial had for the 'save event', but it could be because the erase event is there.
  4. mikey1393drago

@Andar, I can't really show what I've done because there isn't much to go on in the event pages. But I guess I'll have to try. I was trying to use a Youtube vid that is a tutorial on how to save an event location. That works, but only once, as the event doesn't come back, and it needs to always...
  5. mikey1393drago

It is still the same problem I struggled with before when I posted something similar, but I feel like the title of this thread explains my problem better. I do not know how to get a set event location to work whenever the player is transferred to a different tile on the same map the event I...
  6. mikey1393drago

Multiple switches problem

Right. I never knew that about every RM having conditional branches since 95. But it does seem like if he only wants the event to be activated once, a conditional branch will help with that, or simply keeping the Switch turned on.
  7. mikey1393drago

Multiple switches problem

Hey. I might not be much help, considering I use RPG Maker VX Ace, but are you trying to have your event be one and then the other? Because I think a conditional branch might be useful for this kind of event. It only depends if the RPG maker you use has the option to use conditional branches...
  8. mikey1393drago

Can't figure out this event transfer idea I have

Yes. I understand typical Switches fine, it's just the variables that I struggle with. Thanks Milennin. But annoyingly. After I post my problem in here, I then try out an autorun on the second event page of my transfer event, and guess what. It works how I want it, and now it may be pointless...
  9. mikey1393drago

Can't figure out this event transfer idea I have

Hey guys. I haven't been on this forum for a really long time, and recently I went back to my RPGMaker VX Ace game project. It is an event transfer, that I can't seem to figure out how to activate automatically. Every thing I tried, the event just didn't work how I wanted it. It works with the...
  10. mikey1393drago

A Beginner's Guide To Cutscenes

However, is the opening cutscene on autorun?
  11. mikey1393drago

Floor/element damage for only a specific character.

Cheers. I'll post one up tomoz, in case the advice you gave me Andar does not work. Even so, maybe this damage may not happen as the characters are human throughout most of the game, I'm logical when it comes to things like this. I just want to see if it could work.
  12. mikey1393drago

Right. Okay. Thanks for answering Shaz and Andar. I might not use the idea in the game, it is just something for me to learn in case I do decide to. Do you know anyone who could write this script for me, or do you know if someone on this forum has written a script like this?
  13. mikey1393drago

Hey. I have another thing I need help with. It is a very recent idea in my game, to have floor damage affect only a single character when a player plays as that particular character. i.e. If a character weak to water walks through a water tile, then only they get hurt. I also hope to have...
  14. mikey1393drago

How do you swap PCs in an event?

Okay. Thanks Shaz. I apologise for my annoyance. Edit: Alas. The problem is now fixed correctly. Thanks a bunch Shaz. I cannot put a screenshot into this post when I edit it, so I will write the code for the fix below. @>Control Variables: [0001:Leader] = Member #1's Actor ID @>Conditional...
  15. mikey1393drago

I have highlighted the part in question. This is exactly how I first tried, before I tried changing things ending in the same result. The first conditional branch is correct as you helped with that, but as I'm trying to nest another conditional branch with the opposite option in mind, it never...
  16. mikey1393drago

I know. Soz.:frown: It's me wanting player convenience in my game, which is always very hard to fulfil. Thanks for the help. It's just when I tried to use the variables the other way it worked but only showed the leading character. If I sleep on it, maybe my brain will figure out the problem as...
  17. mikey1393drago

I was wondering why the script call was not working. Lol. No worries. Everyone makes mistakes. But you saying use the 'change party members' button, that works but then the event does not play with the other character's sprite in the event. In the event the main character looks to the minor...
  18. mikey1393drago

Yeh. What I meant was one character i.e Luca, has to be the leading character in the event. i.e Laya was originally being controlled by player. And will the script call work if I don't have the script, or is it as a default? Edit: Just checked on the script editor, and that script is present...
  19. mikey1393drago

Hey. This is something new I am trying to figure out, but I am unsure how to do it right. I don't have any screenshots this time for the problem, but I am hoping a minute description will help. I have for instance an event that contains two PCs. The event works correctly with the main PC being...
  20. mikey1393drago

Where Can I Find Elemental Dragons Picture or Sprite?

But if you want to use the defaults, then maybe you'll find already made monster sprites for dragons in the monsters section of the database. MV is meant to be almost the same as VX Ace, but have a look anyway. And also, if you have GIMP(2) or photoshop (I think), you can make your own sprites...

Latest Threads

Latest Posts

Latest Profile Posts

Now that I have linklists on large trees and cars, is there any theme that would interest you?
Debugging multiplayer issues... I'm having fun, right?
yay_streaming.jpg

For just starting streaming on the 10th... Definitely not the worst. :LZScheeze:

Granted I need 333.34 hours a month on average to achieve money. So I don't really expect that, but it sure has helped my game dev go much faster.
Proud on how this map turned out.

FnmhDLIXgAAOvIC
I just finally fixed a huge problem that wouldn’t let my game load and would crash it.. I thought that I was gonna have to trash the project and start over lol

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Clust3rPepis