Search results

1. DarkBooDev

It's going pretty well. I had to stop for the longest time to work with college, but it'll...

It's going pretty well. I had to stop for the longest time to work with college, but it'll resume it's usual development soon.
  2. DarkBooDev

Empyrean's Music Shop (Open)

I don't know if you remember me, but I think I requested a few more songs from you a few months back. I just wanted to let you know that you don't need to worry about finishing them, I found more songs to cover the remainder of what I need. Thank you for taking the time to make the main theme...
  3. DarkBooDev

The Resource WIP thread 2

How do these trees look?
  4. DarkBooDev

Well unfortunately I have to take a temporary hiatus while college starts up. I haven't been...

Well unfortunately I have to take a temporary hiatus while college starts up. I haven't been able to get any work done on my project since I'm too busy packing stuff up and getting ready to move. Darn it all ._.
  5. DarkBooDev

Allowing the player to name characters?

I personally prefer two scenarios: -Allow the player to name the character only if the character is a silent protagonist or has very little story impact (like for example, in Shining Force II, the player is allowed to name the main character, who is mostly silent throughout the whole game, as...
  6. DarkBooDev

July Goals & Progress Thread

A month went by, and all I got were 3 sprite sheets, 2 tilesets, the plans for the 1st and 2nd areas, and an intro cutscene... and the first area isn't even programmed yet >_< this'll take a year or so to finish. Man, I wish I didn't have ADHD and college preparations to worry about.
  7. DarkBooDev

Thank you, @mlogan I'll need to try doing this and see if it'll help. :)

Thank you, @mlogan I'll need to try doing this and see if it'll help. :)
  8. DarkBooDev

Congratulations! :)

Congratulations! :)
  9. DarkBooDev

I find that I get distracted really easily when I'm working on my project. I don't know if it's...

I find that I get distracted really easily when I'm working on my project. I don't know if it's my ADHD or something, but my mind seems to wander a lot whenever I'm working on anything. It's a blessing and a curse. On the one hand, many of my best ideas come to me when I let my mind wander, but...
  10. DarkBooDev

@StrawberrySmiles Not bad! The only thing that kinda throws me off is that his chest doesn't have the same shadows as his face. There should be more defined shadows to give his muscles some depth. Other than that, I think you did the hair beautifully! :)  It looks very good!
  11. DarkBooDev

The worst games you have ever played

Well If I were being honest about game design, Shadow the Hedgehog is the worse game I've played so far (bad design decisions like the lack of a radar, bad mission objectives that mainly consist of "kill X amount of enemies" and that aren't very lenient on the number of enemies in the level...
  12. DarkBooDev

Did you get something in this Steam sale?

Cave Story+ To The Moon Party Hard Gunpoint I think i have a pretty nice hull for this year. Hoping I can get some inspiration from To The Moon :)
  13. DarkBooDev

First RPG game you ever played

Shining Force: Legacy of Great Intention and Shining Force 2, good games that are sadly overshadowed by other strategy RPGs like Fire Emblem.
  14. DarkBooDev

The "Best" RPG Maker Game?

I really like The Witch's House (able to speedrun the True path in about 40 minutes now cause of how much I've played it xD). I've played Off, Ib, Crooked Man, Ao Oni, Yume Nikki, .flow (technically a Yume Nikki clone, but I like it more, actually), Lisa, Hello Hell...o?,  and Mad Father, and...
  15. DarkBooDev

Diagonal Stair Movement with Pixel Movement

Nevermind, I solved this one actually. I can just treat the "staircase" like a diagonal path and have perspective achieve the desired effect. This thread can be closed.
  16. DarkBooDev

Can't find life-counter script

Couldn't you just set a global event that would display the image of your life counter and have it display a new image whenever you get hit/are healed? Correct if I'm wrong, but I think that should work.
  17. DarkBooDev

What do you all think of one of my NPC sprites? (I have others in different colors and clothes, but they all share the same base models and animations, including the death animation)
  18. DarkBooDev

oh sorry, I accidentally posted this in the wrong thread >_< Thank you @ksjp17
  19. DarkBooDev

What do you all think of one of my NPC sprites so far? (I have other versions of this in various colors, not much different other than the clothes they wear)
  20. DarkBooDev

It's not so much the puzzle itself, it's making sure the puzzle is in line with the atmosphere...

It's not so much the puzzle itself, it's making sure the puzzle is in line with the atmosphere and themes of the game. For example, you wouldn't run into a random block pushing puzzle in the middle of a forest unless there was a precedent for it.

Latest Threads

Latest Profile Posts

Upgrading from VX Ace to MV has gone from a cute suggestion to outright required.

Things can only go up from here - I kinda hated being constrained to 640x480 resolution. :LZSwink:
Now that I have linklists on large trees and cars, is there any theme that would interest you?
Debugging multiplayer issues... I'm having fun, right?
yay_streaming.jpg

For just starting streaming on the 10th... Definitely not the worst. :LZScheeze:

Granted I need 333.34 hours a month on average to achieve money. So I don't really expect that, but it sure has helped my game dev go much faster.
Proud on how this map turned out.

FnmhDLIXgAAOvIC

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Clust3rPepis