Search results

1. Alarkus

Making an Event Jump to the player?

Well, the reason I wanted to use the jump feature is because a transfer would be instantaneous, without any time for the player to move out of the way. With the jump there's a few frames before it gets to the player, so it better gives the illusion of say, a grenade or energy ball coming at the...
  2. Alarkus

Making an Event Jump to the player?

Hi. I'm trying to make it so an event can jump to a player via a script call to achieve a "projectile" effect and I'm having some issues. I managed to make it so the event jumps to variables containing the players X and Y, but the event jumps way off screen for some reason. Not sure what I'm...
  3. Alarkus

RMVXA HorrorVale - The SPOOKY Halloween Themed RPG [DEMO]

Been a long while since I updated the OP for this thread so I updated it with our latest trailer and some other stuff!
  4. Alarkus

Weird Healing Bug with Hime's Cover Conditions

I figured out what was going on eventually. I had been following Hime's instructions and included "cover condition: true" in the notetags. I didn't notice it at first because I kept looking in the script wondering why the formula wasn't working, only to realize I had basically set it to run no...
  5. Alarkus

Weird Healing Bug with Hime's Cover Conditions

Hi. I'm using Hime's Cover Conditions, and am running into a weird issue that I can't seem to see anyone else having. When I use the script and cover and ally, the "Cover Condition" will be ignored entirely. No matter what, if that character is hit, the person covering them will jump in to...
  6. Alarkus

State Auto-Removal Outside of Battle

Hello. I have several states that are acting finicky. They're set to only be removed at the end of a turn, but if the battle ends they're removed after around 60 steps, even though "Removal by steps" is completely blank. In this case, I don't want these states to be removed outside of battle at...
  7. Alarkus

Hylics/OMORI type fights

By default RPG Maker already uses portraits and you can change the names of things like HP and MP in the Terms tab. If you want to customize the layout any further (like for the changing portraits and stuff) then you'll either need someone else's script or commission someone to make one for...
  8. Alarkus

Brainstorming Big Sprite Clipping

I'm no scripter by any means, but if I'm correct the Big Sprite Fix script simply bases whether a character is in front of or behind a Star tile based off of their Y coordinate. Perhaps in a modified version a "blank" tile could be used to determine locations where the "barriers" are and then...
  9. Alarkus

Yeah, I'm aware his script is specifically for a bug with star tiles. I just thought perhaps a "big sprite" friendly script for parallaxes might use a similar system. I'm fine with paying someone to make a brand new script, just thought I'd see if other devs have any other ideas.
  10. Alarkus

Hello. I have a Wide Party Member. Like, well beyond the normal 32 pixels. As you can imagine, this ends up causing issues with terrain. I've tried Neon Black's "Big Sprite Fix" Script, however this requires normal star tiles and also seems to be kind of finicky about when it wants to work...
  11. Alarkus

Stream RPG Maker Games Critique with Studio Blue, Episode 2: HorrorVale

This was great to watch! Honestly, getting high praise from someone for our game is one thing, but getting high praise from someone who's as experienced with RPG Maker games as Studio Blue and the RPG Maker Web Admin is even better. There's an entirely new perspective there to be had. Many of...
  12. Alarkus

RPG Maker Games Critique with Studio Blue Game Submission

I raise you https://forums.rpgmakerweb.com/index.php?threads/horrorvale-the-spooky-halloween-themed-rpg-demo.99500/ :kaopride:
  13. Alarkus

Item Can Only be Consumed by Specific Actors?

This one "works", but not exactly. It still allows you to give the item to anyone, it just only actually works on the intended character, with no indication to the player that it didn't work on the other characters. Also the script seems intended for battle use, as it only allows you to use it...
  14. Alarkus

Item Can Only be Consumed by Specific Actors?

Hello. I'm trying to make an item that can only be consumed by a specific actor. There are scripts like Hime's Custom Use Conditions which allows you to have conditions for USING the item, but that's not what I need. I need it to be used by anyone, but consumed by one. (IE, it doesn't matter...
  15. Alarkus

Terrain Event Graphic Over Player.

SO I managed to figure out somewhat of a solution by using a script call to change the Event's priority to below the player before the animation, and then back to normal after the animation. It's not perfect, and still has the issue of bigger followers clipping into it, but it seems like I'll...
  16. Alarkus

Well even with that, the issue is still there whether it's O or X. That being that the tile is still above the player, so if the player has an animation that extends past the 32x32 tile (for instance, using the farming hoe), or if a large sprite follower is tagging along, they'll still clip...
  17. Alarkus

I don't want the player to walk on it, that's fine. But the problem with just using a blank event is that the tile changes graphics several times as the player performs actions.
  18. Alarkus

I don't want to set it to through. This issue happens no matter what. I was simply using through to show it off easier.
  19. Alarkus

Right, but I don't want the event to activate under the player. It needs to be activated by the player next to it. The "Same as Character" priority allows the player sprite to be over the event, but not if it's a tileset or ! spritesheet. Which is frankly strange. See, I have the player...
  20. Alarkus

I used a blank project to show that you can easily replicate this yourself using the default engine.

Latest Threads

Latest Posts

Latest Profile Posts

That moment when I am listening to another instructor teach and I am thinking…I have been doing this for almost 30 years…I know this material…I teach this material…and you are confusing the crap out of me…let alone the students. What the actual $&@#! are you talking about? :eek:
Help me make a choice. Which one makes more sense?
A. Range style 1.pngDiamond shape
B.Range style 2.png Square shape
I created a skill that can only be used if there are enemies within the player's range. When the player's range is 2, which one do you think is more appropriate to describe the range area?
Just once I would like to see some innocent person stumble upon a body in a crime show and instead of scream they sigh and just say, "Found another one."
Can we get like a RPGM VXA Pro edition with all the limits gone!!
I drew @TheoAllen 's Cecilia~

yVLlTmK.png

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kaifsaifi009897