Search results

1. Bernkastelwitch

[MV/MZ] Pig Man & Rat Man Sprites

Now this would work well. I appreciate this a lot here.
  2. Bernkastelwitch

Somehow I went through your thread many times and never noticed that.
  3. Bernkastelwitch

I know there's Beast man generator parts from Hiddenone and an official DLC pack for Beast Man sprites and I've been using those but I've been looking specifically for Beastman parts or sprites based off Pigs and Rats. Those have two important characters related to it in my game so any help...
  4. Bernkastelwitch

"Thing X is extremely difficult" no, it isn't.

I do think it depends on the context here on what someone is wanting to do with their game as well as their skills. For my personal example, people keep saying that I should get rid of a big feature of my game of a lot of playable characters(20-30) because it'd be "difficult to make them all"...
  5. Bernkastelwitch

Useful Pacing Dialogue?

That's something I notice with my own writing too so I feel this. It tends to go on for a bit but I do that just to add in some details of the world or plot that wouldn't make sense elsewhere and to characterize my characters more. Sometimes I am in a position where it's either keep all that and...
  6. Bernkastelwitch

Long cutscene tips

One issue I notice is how some peoples ideas of what a "long cutscene" is different than the next. To some, ten-fifteen minutes would be too long. To others, three-five minutes would be too much. And I know people who think a cutscene is only long if you go to Hideo Kojima levels of length. I...
  7. Bernkastelwitch

The matter of Dark stories.

I have been thinking about this for a while but I noticed in the past years, there's been people on various sites doing a pushback for stories with dark plot simply because the contents may be too much and believe that "Dark stories are overdone". I have even seen some peoples RPG Maker games...
  8. Bernkastelwitch

Affinity/Relationship system.

I know for my game, I have a small system I call "Affinity circles" which are similar to Xenoblade Chronicles Heart-to-Heart mechanic where there's certain spots that can initiate cutscenes with said character(s) listed there and it can progress through their relationship storylines a bit. It's...
  9. Bernkastelwitch

Randomness and events in RPG Maker battles?

I do like randomness at times. If it says anything, I really love picking Gambler or Gambler based classes in RPGs. I know a lot of people hate Gambler classes but to me, they tend to be fun due to the RNG. But I can see why a lot of people what control. It'd be discouraging if you are doing...
  10. Bernkastelwitch

If you respect the art of game development in any way, please, do not use AI Art.

Their designs being too "weird", too "complicated" or too "different". No joke, that is what some people say, even though I have others who say that the character concepts don't feel out of place in something like Guilty Gear. In my case, it's probably just poor luck in not finding the right...
  11. Bernkastelwitch

Using "Datalog/Codex" in storytelling

I'm someone who does like extra lore onto stuff that would normally not be shown in the main story since it isn't important to the main plot or I like to refresh my mind once in a while. A Codex has a place in a game if it's lore heavy but I personally dislike the FF13 route where you need to go...
  12. Bernkastelwitch

If you respect the art of game development in any way, please, do not use AI Art.

I have seen that argument before, including going as far as to say "People with Low income don't deserve art, even if they get it for free" or something like that. When it comes to industries like this, people are indeed more extreme because to them, it's usually a sentence between getting food...
  13. Bernkastelwitch

Question about RTP in my commercial project.

For most people, their only choice for working on a game is either use RTP or don't make the game at all. There's people who genuinely believe replacing the RTP should be the very first thing to do when IMO, it should be the last thing to do if it's even possible because making the game itself...
  14. Bernkastelwitch

Velzades Art Workshop

If there's any room, I wouldn't mind DMing you a request.
  15. Bernkastelwitch

Play as the villain/antagonist in a RPG

The project I am currently working on is kind of like this. Since... To me, I like it a lot. I am just a sucker for these kind of perspective flips and how people do it, though. I don't mind it personally and is a bit refreshing, IMO. And if it is a flip flop from protagonist to antagonist it...
  16. Bernkastelwitch

Keep creating, against all odds.

I have a game I wanted to make for a long time and I am making one part of it now. I genuinely am unable to draw or do animations so I am stuck with the RTP. Despite that, I am still working on it and want to see it through, no matter how long it takes. Even with the fact I have an inability to...
  17. Bernkastelwitch

2022 Goals and Progress Thread

Good news: After a couple of years of chaos in my life ranging from health issues, work, and moving, I finally got the first hour or so of my game done as a small sampler/demo/prototype/whatever done. Obviously far, far from finished and it does show in some areas but still proud I have...
  18. Bernkastelwitch

How do you get people to critique your plot?

I am always open to world building discussions and opening up on my game world. Issue is finding people interested in it since not a lot, if any of my close peers are into such things. They only want to play the game, not tlak about characters and plots and whatnot. And I am open to criticism...
  19. Bernkastelwitch

Mechanics you dislike

It depends on the game for randomly generated perks/flaws. Something like Rimworld thrives on that feature since unless the RNG decides to give you a character who'd rather starve to death than even walk to some food, it does allow for some unique gameplay on each of your characters in your...
  20. Bernkastelwitch

Mechanics you dislike

I feel like the issue with Minigames isn't their mere existence but rather how they get implemented. Quite a few RPG Maker devs tend to make them too long, too hard, or not give you worthwhile rewards to justify playing them. I personally like minigames and depending on how they are, I tend to...

Latest Threads

Latest Posts

Latest Profile Posts

All the artists on here always share their art, and I wanted to partake in the sharing. I wanted to show off the album art for my game's soundtrack while also showing off this song. I wanted to take a break from all the pianos/strings/jazz. I experimented with some side-chaining techniques to modulate the dub-step like synth.
Crazy idea to help people be more productive. We all upload a photo of someone who is good at nagging, cajoling, guilting, etc. you into doing what you should be doing. Then, after you have posted X amount of times in a defined period, that photo pops up with the text of "Shouldn't you be working on your game?" Just for fun.:wink:
Avery wrote on MouseWorks's profile.
That is a really cute avatar concept that you have there! I like it :3
Well, here's a screenshot of just another game that might never be completed...

quicktrip_xp01.jpg
Fake FullScreen (Download):

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
riluohuangsha