Search results

1. TheoAllen

tfw, I found one of my skill ability in my game is not worth picking and had to plan to buff it...

tfw, I found one of my skill ability in my game is not worth picking and had to plan to buff it. But my players seemed to use it without complaining. Now, idk if I should buff it or leave it as is.
  2. TheoAllen

Attempting to not have MP shown in battle for non-MP user

Here is your problem. Try to assign at least ONE SKILL that uses TP. And check the checkbox display TP in the system tab.
  3. TheoAllen

Hit Chance Poll

Personally, I'm more into RNG input (situation) than RNG output (result). The way I see the reason behind the miss/evade is "to make your brain work". Well, no... There're various ways to make this work that does not involve missing an attack (which leads to wasted time and frustration)...
  4. TheoAllen

What are the best ways to show dialog within games?

Anything that doesn't block/disable sprite choreography, which means text bubble or standard message system works. VN-like with bust portrait could work to simplify the text narration, however, I often get bored with only reading and seeing the same portrait all over again.
  5. TheoAllen

Tell you what, I think I'm going to list this as a possible boss mechanic.

Tell you what, I think I'm going to list this as a possible boss mechanic.
  6. TheoAllen

Looking for a script that allows to view player's inventory during battle.

To be a crystal clear, I never promise to make one. I just help you to explain your request by asking in case someone would make one or found one. EDIT: Anyway, here's a barebones code class Window_PartyCommand alias theo_makecommand_list make_command_list def make_command_list...
  7. TheoAllen

VX vs. MV?

To make the matter worse for VX, their script is now gone. There was once a site dedicated for VX (rpgmakervx dot net) with a collection of scripts for it, however, it went to the void (the reason is kinda complicated, but it all boils down to the site host owner didn't care). And no one didn't...
  8. TheoAllen

Formula for self-destruct skill

I don't know if this is even possible because I never tried it, but try to use skill effect --> HP recovery --> -9999 (flat number, not percentage). See if it actually works. The way how the damage flows work is to execute item/skill effect after it deals damage to the target(s). Edit: After I...
  9. TheoAllen

MAYBE (a big maybe) that's a good idea.

MAYBE (a big maybe) that's a good idea.
  10. TheoAllen

VX vs. MV?

As someone who has both, tested both and decided to stick with the old, VXAce, I did not see that "MV has more complex feature" than Ace. Granted, I could remember it wrong because I haven't installed MV in this computer yet to double-checked it. However, here is the main difference I could...
  11. TheoAllen

Elemental Skill inflicts a status ailment if it hits a weakness

No, you can just do this in the damage formula. Example formula, assume you're using a.atk * 4 - b.def * 2 as the damage formula Fire element id is = 2 Burn state has state id = 2 if b.element_rate(2)) > 1.0; b.add_state(2); end; a.atk * 4 - b.def *2
  12. TheoAllen

Is RMMV the software I need?

To give you a clear example, from an expert perspective because you asked for that. RMMV code is open, so you can theoretically code all of that from scratch. The editor just helps you to create a database, a JSON file. All events and map is nothing but JSON file. The system executes them all...
  13. TheoAllen

idk, try to make a request thread maybe?

idk, try to make a request thread maybe?
  14. TheoAllen

I seriously NEED help with battles

I don't believe this Resetting every script does not mean deleting all of your external scripts. And I would like to see how did you do the reset. Exactly because the new project contains that particular script, so it worked. And you didn't "reset" your project "properly". Or you simply don't...
  15. TheoAllen

What makes a good hacking system?

Frankly speaking, puzzle games have "no depth". The solution is just one. Once you know the solution, then done, no improvisation. Or RNG, like Deus Ex hacking system (which sucks). Let's look away at a different angle, Hitman. The whole game is basically a stealth "mini"-game. But you can...
  16. TheoAllen

I seriously NEED help with battles

It's an indication that one of the default script (everything above material section) got deleted. Namely, the Window_BattleSkill. And it has nothing to do with any script you have installed.
  17. TheoAllen

Theolized Sideview Battle System (In Game Editor + Version 2 Coming Soon)

Showing icon is, complicated. And the more I see it, the more I personally don't like how I handled it. Ultimately, I just attached the weapon icon to the character sprite and even I removed it in version 2 (will consider putting it back, with easier configuration). That said, I did write a...
  18. TheoAllen

Advance Damage formula - addstate

if b.mdf <= 7; b.add_state(57); end; 0
  19. TheoAllen

@CraneSoft I'm not talking about developing games, but what we can do as a player.

@CraneSoft I'm not talking about developing games, but what we can do as a player.

Latest Threads

Latest Posts

Latest Profile Posts

tfw, I found one of my skill ability in my game is not worth picking and had to plan to buff it. But my players seemed to use it without complaining. Now, idk if I should buff it or leave it as is.
I have recently discovered a Limit breaker for RPGmaker VXA, needless to say this changes everything.also I really like the changes this website has made.
It seems that my favorite anime page finally kicked the bucket... :,c
work in progres c:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SorcererRed