Search results

1. Tai_MT

without a brain that works the same way to connect the same random junk to the same random...

without a brain that works the same way to connect the same random junk to the same random places to produce the same amusing thought you had. So, what a person finds "funny" says more about the person than about the comedy. There's a subtle science to it steeped in human behavior and social...
  2. Tai_MT

What a person may find funny CAN be subjective. I do not personally laugh at fart jokes and...

What a person may find funny CAN be subjective. I do not personally laugh at fart jokes and toilet humor. Nor do I laugh at most "bedroom humor". However, they are shared experiences and observations I've made myself, so it is easy to understand why others would find them funny. Shows like...
  3. Tai_MT

The problem with the "comedy is subjective!" argument is that it often ignores reality just so...

The problem with the "comedy is subjective!" argument is that it often ignores reality just so people don't have to explain why something is funny to them. Comedy, by and large, is a form of entertainment. It is born, quite often, of shared experiences and observations. It isn't tailored for...
  4. Tai_MT

What you think about Order society vs. Chao society in RPG Games?

1. I don't know. I don't really write "heroes". I personally don't find them all that interesting as they inevitably become the arbiter of justice and right and wrong and heavily relied upon by the public. I just write people. People spurred to action, usually for personal reasons. Doesn't...
  5. Tai_MT

@Dalph The point is that despite Blockhead being similarly stupid to Rick and Morty, one makes...

@Dalph The point is that despite Blockhead being similarly stupid to Rick and Morty, one makes me laugh while the other is painful to sit through. I don't even buy into "comedy is subjective" all that much either. What a person finds funny says things about the person rather than about the...
  6. Tai_MT

@Dalph If [MEDIA] can make me laugh, but Rick and Morty doesn't... Are you SURE it's not a...

@Dalph If can make me laugh, but Rick and Morty doesn't... Are you SURE it's not a problem with the show and it's comedy? Some things in the world just aren't funny.
  7. Tai_MT

Hit Chance Poll

I wouldn't call it "imaginary" as much as "generalized". The games are very much real, I'm just not talking about a specific one and am instead talking about an undisclosed multitude. But, maybe I'm just not familiar with your usage of "imaginary" in this case? That's true enough, and I...
  8. Tai_MT

Most of the "Adult Swim" lineup was pretty terrible. I remember enjoying Moral Orel, 'cause it...

Most of the "Adult Swim" lineup was pretty terrible. I remember enjoying Moral Orel, 'cause it was like dark comedy to some extent. It also got VERY serious towards the end and made me CARE. I also liked Aqua Teen Hunger Force just for sheer silliness... same with Sealab 2021. But the rest...
  9. Tai_MT

I started with Episode 1. I got like 15 minutes into it and the show was actively hurting me...

I started with Episode 1. I got like 15 minutes into it and the show was actively hurting me. The dialogue was just... it was bad. None of it was funny at all. I couldn't even get through the first episode. I don't understand how anyone enjoyed that enough to keep watching.
  10. Tai_MT

I tried to watch Rick and Morty. I really did. How can something so painfully unfunny and...

I tried to watch Rick and Morty. I really did. How can something so painfully unfunny and actively annoying be so popular?
  11. Tai_MT

Hit Chance Poll

From my frame of reference, the "imaginary average game" isn't all that imaginary. It's... fairly ubiquitous. However, that's probably largely because creating games has become so commonplace these days. The market even in the AAA industry is just so saturated with "average" quality games...
  12. Tai_MT

Hit Chance Poll

@Wavelength I don't disagree on your points. I really only disagree on whether or not missing is necessary from a practical standpoint. Or, maybe realistic? I'm not sure the word usage I mean here. Put simply: If you have one of those rare few games you mentioned, or even the one you're...
  13. Tai_MT

Hit Chance Poll

@Wavelength It's not really an assumption so much as, "the prevailing trend of the last 25 years of RPGs". RPG's with any sort of "skill expression" are rather... rare. Unless we're talking the Persona series, which is the only ones that come to mind that require a measure of player skill...
  14. Tai_MT

Game romance that's not your type?

I think, by and large, the "gamer community" in general is a lot more tolerant than most mainstream media might lead a person to believe. That is to say, we typically don't care if we're playing the opposite gender, or we've only got certain options available to us as love interests, or certain...
  15. Tai_MT

Game romance that's not your type?

Honestly... I have no real preference when it comes to "love stories". Well, except that they're done well. I don't watch "Romantic Comedies" because... well... They're trashy, boring, and predictable. Likewise, they don't have "real people" as characters and have walking clichés as...
  16. Tai_MT

Hit Chance Poll

Personally... I'm more into "hardcore" type games. 100% accuracy is... boring for me. Well, unless I've earned it. When I play games, I do not expect to maximize "up time" as often as possible, nor do I rely on hitting every single action. A "miss" is just part of the game. But, I'm not...
  17. Tai_MT

Actually, I played GTA4 and GTA5, which had pretty tight controls. At least, for the most part...

Actually, I played GTA4 and GTA5, which had pretty tight controls. At least, for the most part. But, those games got you like immediately into the action and were less "hand holdy". At least I could walk and turn and move relatively quickly. RDR2 really does feel like controlling Jill from...
  18. Tai_MT

That's not even getting into the nonsensical control scheme, and hundreds of nested menus, as...

That's not even getting into the nonsensical control scheme, and hundreds of nested menus, as well as the constant "hold a button down to do anything" gameplay and the entire game feels like controlling PS1 era Survival Horror characters. Who designs a game where you need to hold A to move...
  19. Tai_MT

I never played the original. What I'm getting out of the game is, "Hold A button and steer for...

I never played the original. What I'm getting out of the game is, "Hold A button and steer for 5-10 minutes at a time while people talk about inane nonsense and I just don't care about it at all." And this is done for like the first 5 missions... and these missions take 3 hours or more to...
  20. Tai_MT

Red Dead 2: "Hey guys, best game idea design ever! Several missions of wandering aimlessly...

Red Dead 2: "Hey guys, best game idea design ever! Several missions of wandering aimlessly while people spout inane exposition that doesn't matter to the plot at you!"

Latest Threads

Latest Posts

Latest Profile Posts

tfw, I found one of my skill ability in my game is not worth picking and had to plan to buff it. But my players seemed to use it without complaining. Now, idk if I should buff it or leave it as is.
I have recently discovered a Limit breaker for RPGmaker VXA, needless to say this changes everything.also I really like the changes this website has made.
It seems that my favorite anime page finally kicked the bucket... :,c
work in progres c:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Agaricia