Search results

1. Was your first RPG short?

In the past I've been working on projects but never got around to finish any of them, whether the file gets deleted for whatever reason or I lose motivation, my projects never make it out of the beta stage. So I was considering for my first project, just for the sake of getting something done, I...
  2. Theo's Battle System Available?

I was trying the demo for Tankentai's sideview system when it recommended Theo's system for beginners. Feeling curious I quickly looked up Theo's system and found a video of a quick demo battle showcasing the system's features. I then determined that Theo's system would be more fitting in my...
  3. How long do you usually keep hiatuses?

I think my current hiatus on my project has reached around 2 or 3 months with me focusing on the end of my college semester. Sounds like a lot but who knows.
  4. Can resource packs be sold?

So basically in RMVXA I have been using resource packs on previous projects (now scrapped) and the main issue at this point is a few times when I encounter a roadblock due to limitations with the resource pack, another resource pack catches my eye and appears to have the missing links and...
  5. Implementing a Persona Type Battle System

I haven't played any of the persona games [yet] however based on what I've seen I figured the battle system would be nice to use in my project, especially since it begins with the player having a "down the rabbit hole" moment like in Zelda Majora's Mask. However considering the complexity the...
  6. 12 Character Sprite Sheet Animations

So I've created a sprite sheet assigned with the ! and $ symbols in the name that basically show an animation starting at the upper left corner then showing subsequent images as it goes down, then repeats in the second column as the animation continues. What I'm trying to accomplish is have an...
  7. RMVXA Parody of the Pokemon "Rip-Offs"

So this game would be based off the supposed "rip offs" to Pokémon such as Bakugon and Monsuno. Thanks to a dream I had I began to remember back when those animated series were all over the TV networks and while I don't intend on reviving the genre and competing with Pokémon as this is more of a...
  8. Status conditions to yourself

One of the special moves I've created does little damage but makes the user invisible for the next turn. I got the invisible part to work but it makes the enemy invisible not the player. I can't seem to figure out how to assign the given status condition to the player. There's no scripts used to...
  9. RMVXA Invaders from Space Prologue Demo

Game Link: https://gamejolt.com/games/invaders/382118 Synopsis: This game takes place In two different worlds, the real and cyber worlds, much like the world of Megaman Battle Network. The main characters' hometown is the first to receive the newest video game on the market, an open world RPG...
  10. Multiple Art Styles

After purchasing the Modern Day Tileset (thank you Black Friday Sale) I had the crazy idea to incorporate multiple art styles in the project of mine. Think about it; this has never been done before and I think if done right this could lead to some fantastic world building. For example, the city...
  11. How to change game resolution?

I've designed the game to be presented at a resolution of 544 x 416. However lately when I playtest the game it automatically adjusts to 640 x 480 and everything is offset to the left. Is there a way to change the resolution back to normal? Thanks
  12. Tribute RPGs and cpoyright

We've all seen tribute games before in the RPG genre, like the tribute to Jacksepticeye "The Boss" made in RM. I'm working on a tribute game myself in which characters in the game are warped inside a Space Invaders inspired RPG. Though the hard part is finding a title for the game so that...
  13. Animated Battlers

What I'm trying to accomplish is during a battle, having the enemy battlers constantly moving regardless if they're attacking or in the idle position (this is present in Pokémon Black/White). I've heard there was a previous thread of this matter a few years ago but I couldn't find any links to...
  14. Best way to convert to RMVXA format?

Attached are the files for tilesets that I'm trying to convert for VXA format. I've done something like this before using the photo editing tool GIMP but I feel like there's a more efficient way to go about this. <--snip-->
  15. Another Way to Find Teammates?

Now don't get me wrong, I think that the Project Recruitment forum is a great way to find teammates for your project. The problem is it's honestly very inactive. I posted a trade on September 7 and that post, as well as the posts after mine, didn't get any replies. Because I'm looking for...
  16. If I made a mistake

So I looked back at my most recent post in Project Recruitment and realized I made a lot of mistakes on there. Is there a way to delete posts? And if not, how long would I have to wait before I can repost it? Or is it possible that I can edit the post as is and it can still get past moderation?
  17. TRADE Project Super Atari: Looking for Teammates

Engine: RMVXA Synopsis: This game is inspired by the 1989 movie The Wizard in which characters live in a world dominated by Video Games. One of them is a highly anticipated Atari styled MMO RPG within the game that delivers an open world experience. Positions/Roles Needed: I'm currently...
  18. Posting "Teambuilding" Threads

By Teambuilding thread I mean a post where you're looking for game developing teams to join or you're looking for players to join your team or partnership. This is present in the GameMaker forums and I was wondering if posts like that are allowed in this one.
  19. Failed to Create Project

That's the error message I've been getting when I try to save my project. I got a new PC and transferred my game files from my old one onto this new one so maybe that's the reason why it can't save. If that's the reason then is there anything I can do to counter this other than start over again...
  20. Incomplete Tilesets

Now what do I mean by incomplete? Well the tileset itself isn't the issue. However once I set it as the B page in a VXA Tileset only half of it is shown. To add to it there is still half of space left for the B portion. I even compared it with the default tilesets and those were filled up...

Latest Threads

Latest Posts

Latest Profile Posts

I was today years old when I realized I could choose where to put choices in VNMaker. Oi.
What if I start to make final boss first then crawl down from there to make lesser bosses
i don't even know why i bother. Trying to to a simple candle light to flicker. Hour later no progress.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
choibento