Search results

1. Darkbeetlebot

Can't make finishing attack deal extra damage to weak enemies

That seemed to work for the most part. Unfortunately, it's about at the character limit. The full code ended up being: b.hp_rate<=0.25?((1000-b.def)*a.atk*10/1000)-(b.def**0.9):((1000-b.def)*a.atk*1.1/1000)-(b.def**0.9) I kind of feel stupid for not realizing hp_rate was a usable variable...
  2. Darkbeetlebot

Can't make finishing attack deal extra damage to weak enemies

So I'm trying to make a Coup de Grace attack where the damage dealt is only 1.1*attack under normal circumstances, but it jumps up to 10*attack if the enemy is under 20% HP. However, all of the formulas I've tried so far just do not work at all. Using if b.state?(20% hp weakness state); (extra...
  3. Darkbeetlebot

Mr Trivel's Item Info and item effect stacking

So I'm using the above mentioned script for VX Ace, and I have a precarious problem. In my game, each weapon has a lot of effects that will no doubt spam the item info screen with tons of entries to the point that it can't display them all. It ends up looking like this: The weapon given is...
  4. Darkbeetlebot

I can't figure out how Attack Times+ works

That works perfectly, better than what I came up with. Thanks for that. This thread can be closed now.
  5. Darkbeetlebot

The problem with the former suggestion is that I need multiple skills. The script I was using as an attack replacer can only register one skill as the attack skill. In that case, I'll be forced to modify the core behavior. Question is now, how do I do that?
  6. Darkbeetlebot

Should be fixed now. I can't seem to get rid of that last tag, but the rest is there.
  7. Darkbeetlebot

So I've been trying to get the Attack Times + option in the weapon effects to work properly with my current attack system, but it seems to only work with one of the normal attack skills, and it's NOT the default one. To be clear, I'm using Yanfly Battle Command List to replace the normal attack...
  8. Darkbeetlebot

Puzzle Trouble (Caution: long-winded)

Appreciate the link. I'll bookmark that for later reference. I think I agree with you on all of your points, and am realizing that yes, having an ARG for the final dungeon's puzzle is kind of bad even if it might fit with the lore and intentional challenge level. Perhaps I'll just base it...
  9. Darkbeetlebot

Puzzle Trouble (Caution: long-winded)

As the horribly unfunny title may suggest, I'm having trouble with puzzles. Everything about them, really. Let me state my question(s) before elaboration. TL;DR: How hard should puzzles be in a thinking man's strategy RPG? Should there always be a failsafe to completely avoid the puzzle? How...
  10. Darkbeetlebot

[VX Ace] Making DEF and MDEF work as damage resist percentage

This is going to be a rather simple, minor tutorial on how to make your DEF and MDEF stats (whatever you call them in your game) act as a percentile to damage resistance rather than a classic flat subtraction to damage dealt. Something similar to this was done in Dark Souls 2 with the elemental...
  11. Darkbeetlebot

Spell evasion and self casts

I don't know if you figured this out, ever, but here's the answer. Easy, just make the healing skill a certain hit. It's a bad idea to have healing spells able to miss or fail anyways, and certain hit attacks ignore evasion.
  12. Darkbeetlebot

Escaping battle - Conditional Route?

Quite simple, really. All battles have a conditional branch in either the common events where you call from or on the map. One of these is "When escape" if you allow the player to escape from the battle. All you have to do is make as many switches as you think you'll need to change the game's...
  13. Darkbeetlebot

How to make this?

Like Andar said, you should use the troop events (Base Troop Events is a good script to place over ALL enemies), and give the enemies states on turn 0, then have the rest of the battle check to see if the enemy has all of its buffs. If not, then have the enemy be pacified. You could make a skill...
  14. Darkbeetlebot

Events stop my character from moving

I would agree to use parallel processes. Unless you have a really bad PC that can't handle a few going on at the same time (The only things that come to mind are office PCs), you won't have to worry about lag too much. I've had as many as 10 running as start-game common events and didn't notice...
  15. Darkbeetlebot

Idea for a mechanic, but don't know how to implement: Item Sacrifice

So I just recently came up with a "bonus" mechanic for my more dungeon-crawly game that acts kind of like the gun altar from Borderlands 2. With this, the player would be able to approach an event of some kind such as a large vat or stone altar, discard any of their weapons or armors into it and...

Latest Threads

Latest Posts

Latest Profile Posts

I forget what is bumping rule in this forum. Is anyone know? Thank you.
BCj
Ew, why does my blogpost on the rpgmaker.net site look like a garbled mess? Are html codes disabled or something?
I feel that I should cut down on my order queue so I can get some more time for my projects, its been quite a longggg while since I worked on them LOL
I friend of mine insisted on practicing dubbing things with him... and its quite funny, yet, it really takes a huge amount of practice!
Gotta save this for my next thread later...

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Alwar