Search results

1. Darkbeetlebot

Can't make finishing attack deal extra damage to weak enemies

So I'm trying to make a Coup de Grace attack where the damage dealt is only 1.1*attack under normal circumstances, but it jumps up to 10*attack if the enemy is under 20% HP. However, all of the formulas I've tried so far just do not work at all. Using if b.state?(20% hp weakness state); (extra...
  2. Darkbeetlebot

Mr Trivel's Item Info and item effect stacking

So I'm using the above mentioned script for VX Ace, and I have a precarious problem. In my game, each weapon has a lot of effects that will no doubt spam the item info screen with tons of entries to the point that it can't display them all. It ends up looking like this: The weapon given is...
  3. Darkbeetlebot

I can't figure out how Attack Times+ works

So I've been trying to get the Attack Times + option in the weapon effects to work properly with my current attack system, but it seems to only work with one of the normal attack skills, and it's NOT the default one. To be clear, I'm using Yanfly Battle Command List to replace the normal attack...
  4. Darkbeetlebot

Puzzle Trouble (Caution: long-winded)

As the horribly unfunny title may suggest, I'm having trouble with puzzles. Everything about them, really. Let me state my question(s) before elaboration. TL;DR: How hard should puzzles be in a thinking man's strategy RPG? Should there always be a failsafe to completely avoid the puzzle? How...
  5. Darkbeetlebot

[VX Ace] Making DEF and MDEF work as damage resist percentage

This is going to be a rather simple, minor tutorial on how to make your DEF and MDEF stats (whatever you call them in your game) act as a percentile to damage resistance rather than a classic flat subtraction to damage dealt. Something similar to this was done in Dark Souls 2 with the elemental...
  6. Darkbeetlebot

Idea for a mechanic, but don't know how to implement: Item Sacrifice

So I just recently came up with a "bonus" mechanic for my more dungeon-crawly game that acts kind of like the gun altar from Borderlands 2. With this, the player would be able to approach an event of some kind such as a large vat or stone altar, discard any of their weapons or armors into it and...

Latest Threads

Latest Posts

Latest Profile Posts

Please do not buy games from g2a.com. The sellers have total power over you. The website has many scam sellers. It looks cheap, but the key code didn't work.
A while back I was having fun making my own custom tiles, then I hit carpet... why is it so difficult!? Lol.
Weekend is finally here... what would you like to see (?):
1) Pokemon into zelda minish-cap style
or
2) Pokemon into zelda gbc style
or
3) Zelda into pokemon style

#= Choose ===============#
||__[ Full mockup ]_[ Charset ]__||
#=======================#
I know someday I'll start working on this...

I'm so happy that I got Steam achievements to work in my game, thanks in large part to the posts by other RPG Maker devs on this issue!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
LonelyBanshee