Search results

1. dombo813

Formulas in skill descriptions

Fantastic, thanks! Solves some other issues I didn't know I was going to encounter too.
  2. dombo813

I went through Yanfly's stuff cos it felt like something someone would have already done but I didn't notice anything like that. Same for Hime and VE. I don't know any other easily available collections. @waynee95 that sounds like it'll do the job! I have very little confidence in my javascript...
  3. dombo813

Is it possible to have a calculated number in a skill description, similar to the way League of Legends does? For example, I could have a spell that deals 4x Magic Attack + 10 damage, and applies the state "On Fire" to the target. I would like to display this to the user as "Deals (X) Fire...
  4. dombo813

Resisting Death, leaving at 1 HP state

That looks perfect! Which plugin is it using, though? I don't recall seeing any Custom React Effect plugins.
  5. dombo813

Resisting Death, leaving at 1 HP state

Some games contain ways to avoid death. Pokemon does this with the Ability "Sturdy", the move "Endure", and several held items. These abilities mean that if the pokemon possessing the trait were to be killed in a single hit, they would instead be left at 1 HP (a second hit while at less than...
  6. dombo813

Gain Stats on Level Up

A little late to the party, but would it be possible to have stat gains that can be placed in the Actor box too (so say, Harold always gains +1 ATK on leveling, regardless of his class)?
  7. dombo813

Actor skills?

Oh wow, that looks perfect! It'll allow me to do more with skill learning than just having it appear in their list too.  I like to avoid reliance on parallel processes whenever possible to prevent too many of them clogging up the game. I'm actually on zero of them (global ones) at the moment! 
  8. dombo813

Actor skills?

Does anyone know of a method through which actors can learn a certain skill at a certain level, regardless of which class they are? I need my Actor 1 to learn her 'signature skill' at Level 23, but without other level 23 Sorcerers also learning it. I also have a class change system, so she might...
  9. dombo813

Rito's Menu Background

That does seem to address the background problem (although I need to figure out the scene names of some things :P) but the good thing about Rito's is that you can set the opacity of the menu boxes for if your background image has more detailed boxes as part of the image. Do you know any solution...
  10. dombo813

Rito's Menu Background

So, I encountered a really good plugin that gives backgrounds to menu scenes in a simple, easy to use way. Unfortunately, it only works on the scenes that exist in the base game (menu, item, equip etc), and unfortunately, the creator seems to have dropped out of the RMMV world, so I have several...
  11. dombo813

Non-multiplicative percentages

Well yeah but I meant that since it's already got that kind of zeroing in one place it means it's possible to replicate it somewhere else.
  12. dombo813

Oh I see, yeah that would be a problem, but it should be possible to just put in a little extra code that goes "if damage dealt would be negative, make it zero", right? I mean, it already knows how to do that with the skill's base damage calculation for when the target's defense is more than...
  13. dombo813

Ah, that's a good point. The only things I'd touch with this are the buffs to regular parameters done by states, and the same for elemental rates. I was thinking I'd bypass the problem of creating weird values by assigning default elemental/parameter rates in actors (eg with a <Basemult: MAT...
  14. dombo813

As far as I understand, each percentage boost in RMMV will multiply all the previous boosts, so for example a character with 100 ATK and 2 states that both gave +20% ATK would result in an ATK stat of 144, not 140. Unfortunately, my game uses a lot of small buffs and bonuses given by states...
  15. dombo813

Message box disappears with Choice menus

Ah, nevermind my fault. I was doing a whole bunch of NPCs at the same time and the one I tested happened to be the one where I'd put the conditional in the wrong place. It was in between the text and the choices after all. Sorry about that!
  16. dombo813

Yeah, I just figured out the problem (by accident). Turns out this only happens if the message and choice are inside a conditional branch. If there's no conditional around it then it works normally. Of course, that's still a problem but I do have a work around now at least.
  17. dombo813

When I create a Choice menu, the message box (which I'm using to ask the question the answer is chosen to) disappears. I've tried turning off all plugins with a vague link to choice menus and message boxes, but it still happens. Has anyone encountered this with a plugin, or know how to fix it?
  18. dombo813

Crafting System with different crafting menus

Yeah, pretty much. Somehow, I hadn't realised that you could just make a plugin for a preexisting plugin, even though I've seen it done before :D Sorry for the slow response, my internet went out for a while. Stupid BT -_-. Anyway, thanks for the offer!
  19. dombo813

Crafting System with different crafting menus

I know there are multiple crafting systems already in existence for RMMV, but as far as I can see, none of them can distinguish between different menus. This results in being able to craft books at an anvil, or bows at a distillery unless you're willing to mess around with a hundred conditionals...
  20. dombo813

Unlock equip slots

Well, now I feel stupid :P It wasnt mentioned in the description so I figured it wouldn't be there. In that case, that's perfect. Thank you!

Latest Threads

Latest Profile Posts

Jumping and gravitation 0.1 build - RPG Maker MV
Currently playing final fantasy 3 on DS. It's an old one but its a classic.
BCj
Gotta love some gossip :D
Please do not buy games from g2a.com. The sellers have total power over you. The website has many scam sellers. It looks cheap, but the key code didn't work.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jakeofblades