Search results

1. Mystic_Enigma

Timed Field Hazards - How do I set them up?

*Apologies if this is in the wrong section!* So for a half of a dungeon idea I wanted to add on-field hazards, such as geysers and spike traps, that periodically pop up at regular intervals on the map. When active, they will damage the player, so they will have to time their movements right to...
  2. Mystic_Enigma

Butterfly Battler Spritesheet

Resource Type: Battler Spritesheet Maker Format: MV Art Style: Part Cartoony, part RTP(If that makes sense/is possible.) Description: What I seek is a spritesheet for a giant Butterfly, for available use in Sideview. The size is just about the same of the generator, maybe slightly larger due...
  3. Mystic_Enigma

Your favorite soundtracks to casually listen to.

Note to Mods: If there a thread similar to this one already, feel free to lock this and sorry for the trouble... Do you have any video game music or tunes that you enjoy so much that you can listen to it all day while you're relaxing at home? This doesn't have to be limited to video games...
  4. Mystic_Enigma

Fleeing from battles(And their consequences)

We all know how most RPG battles work. If for whatever reason you want to escape, you have a chance to get away. And you may or may not be able to due to various factors in effect. Which made me thinking: How would others (i.e.: YOU!) handle fleeing/retreating from battles? Would you take a...
  5. Mystic_Enigma

Battler Spritesheet of Raccoon

Heya there! I was hoping if there were any available Spritesheets floating around for a biped raccoon character. If not, I was hoping if someone is able to create one, (It's alot to ask for, I know. But I thought it wouldn't hurt to try!) Anywho, i'm looking for a cartoon-like critter that...
  6. Mystic_Enigma

Events relating to party members leaving the party

So I figured out how to make events work to add party members, but what if I want events to take place when they are no longer in the party? For example, you find a recruitable NPC and they join the party, and disappear from sight because they're with you now. But what if I wanted to do the...
  7. Mystic_Enigma

Having an event play after certain actions.

I'm trying to have it that a character must talk to a certain number of NPCs and/or collect a certain number of Key items to complete a quest. But lately it's throwing me for a loop. No matter what I do, I can't seem to make an event automatically activate once the requirements have been met. I...
  8. Mystic_Enigma

Level Up and Experience Items

In addition to battles, I was also thinking of providing one-off items that can be obtained. These rare items would award the selected character a set amount of experience (Think Exp boosters in most MMOs) or increase their Level by 1 or more (Think the Rare Candy in Pokemon) depending on the...
  9. Mystic_Enigma

Events that relate to the leading party member.

Heya there! I wanted to make it so different things on an event will occur depending on which actor is in the front of the party. For example I go to a particular character's bed and it mentions it's their own. But if the leader is anyone besides said character, the text should mention it being...
  10. Mystic_Enigma

A series of Short Stories, as opposed to one huge one, in an RPG.

In a sense i'm a simple man, and therefore really lousy when it comes to developing long-winded stories. As a result, I was thinking of splitting my RPG into an undetermined number of adventures and tales featuring the characters I want, in the same universe. (Or even worlds within it, like...
  11. Mystic_Enigma

Giving items to enemies (And the consequences.)

I was brainstorming about about how to spice up a game a little, and got hit with a great idea! But i'm stuck a little...My dilemma is as follows: I want to make it so that if you "give" a certain item to a particular enemy, something happens. If the proper conditions are met, the enemy will be...
  12. Mystic_Enigma

How do you deal with Elements?

Currently I have plans for including Elements (12 to be exact! Plus a neutral "Typeless" that make your typical attack) in my game idea, and wonder if i'm biting more than I can chew. In some games, your element/Type/attributes can mean the difference between victory and defeat. But I want to...
  13. Mystic_Enigma

Ideas for Enemies and Bosses

Have you ever wanted to make up new ideas for enemies, but end up getting stumped on exactly what they will be? Well, that's me right now! I plan to have a somewhat modern, semi futuristic fantasy setting that's also in harmony with nature (Like cities and towns alongside forests and mountains...
  14. Mystic_Enigma

Mystic_Enigma's Cartoon Battlers and miscellaneous stuff.

Morning/Afternoon/Evening! So I just now discover this thread and find that it might be a good idea to show off some art. As impressive the battlers art is, they're not quite what i'm looking for, so I decided to create my own. I pale in comparison to others over here, but I thought I wouldn't...
  15. Mystic_Enigma

Scripts for battle reactions + Actor pictures.

Hello there! i'm a tad hesitant to ask this much of folks, but i seek a way to tweak some features in my planned RPG style. I'm not sure if this exists somewhere, but I wish to make it so battlers(enemies in particular) will make certain movements with various battle situations. What i'm looking...
  16. Mystic_Enigma

Greetings! An Enigma here...

Hello there, i've only recently purchased RPG Maker VX Ace a few days ago and am pretty stoked to work on an RPG of my very own! And now I thought it'd be a good idea to join these forums for some extra help and general to that end. I'm not sure how much I would be able to contribute, I have 0%...

Latest Threads

Latest Posts

Latest Profile Posts

Symphony Celestia: Prophecy of the Falling Stars RPG Maker music pack WIP. Symphony Celestia is a new series that focuses on symphonic and orchestrated music to tell a story. Each story will include compositions that make up that story from beginning to end. Themes include: Battles, adventures, character themes, etc. Below is a video preview to the first story.

Jumping and gravitation 0.1 build - RPG Maker MV
It's ironic, but one of the many hilarious things done with Shia's Just Do It speech was to make a hype song, and....I know what it is.....but I still get inspired by it! I'm like..."Yes I can!!"
That moment when you realize you lost time frankenstiening a sprite together, only to realize it already exited.
My first game is going to have the main character more or less create monsters as his party members.

Thanks to the plugin creators still producing content for MV, I might be able to give each of the monster members a personalized range of tactics during combat. I liked how the devs made it like that in FF6.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ConcretePirate