Search results

1. gregbaby

Exporting to Android (MV Android Client)

Hey Dude! Do you know of any up to date tuts? Ive found a vid from 2018 but that seems to be (as far as I can see atm) the most recent vid concerning exporting to APK. Any advice or knowledge welcome :D
  2. gregbaby

Exporting to Android (MV Android Client)

Hey Guys! So I've tried following an online Youtube tutorial for this and have read through the first post, is this method still relevant? I installed Android Studio and it's on version 3.5.1 and I dont get the "Support Repository" when configuring it. Little bit confused atm lol. Anybody...
  3. gregbaby

Pearl ABS V3 Crashing to desktop.

I use custom images for the life bars and I did edit the script to hide the text (HP, MP) etc but left the numbers on the right as is, but besides that it's the same and no major modifications. I'll try removing the script and testing and also replacing with original unedited version of the...
  4. gregbaby

Any way to check if an event is next to another event?

I've been trying my damdest to get this working but I'm banging my head against a wall here lol I've uploaded a bare bones project file all setup. (All you need to do is paste it into a new project (I've removed various DLLS and the Executable files due to filesize being to big at 1.4mb lol)...
  5. gregbaby

So is MV worth using now?

I own MV, I got it upon release, I was all excited as the promise of android support was there. until I realised the functionality was non existant... After trying it out I realised the creators of MV decided Android support was a complete after thought despite tacking it on to the product specs...
  6. gregbaby

Too much usless dialouge?

In my game generic NPC's offer trivial yet important advice to the player. I created a common event that I can update when new stuff is valid in game. It also randomizes what folk say but all info is relevant to the player. I also have certain NPCS in towns that only offer adice related to...
  7. gregbaby

Hey! Var.Friend Y * - 1 What does the * equate too in my conditional branch or is this called via a script call?
  8. gregbaby

* - 1 = What does this translate too in terms used in a conditional branch? "Less than Or Equal Too" "Greater Than or equal too" etc
  9. gregbaby

Ok I'm trying to get my head around it. " if Friendly Y - Enemy Y is equal to +1 or -1:" how do i put this in a conditonal branch? (I'm using Pearl ABS but trying to create AI so certain "NPCS" (technically need to be classed as enemies in the ABS) attack other enemies which is sadly not an...
  10. gregbaby

Thanks a bunch dude I'll give that a try and post my results!! This knowledge will create some really powerful systems in my project!
  11. gregbaby

Ok the parallel process: The condtional branch: At present the event recognizes the other event is at X or Y and play an animation but it doesnt matter how far away the event is it still play the animation. I need it so that when the event is 1 tile away from this event it then plays...
  12. gregbaby

I'll whip a few screenshots together shortly.
  13. gregbaby

Hey dude, So at the moment I have 2 events that have a parallel process tracking their location that updates every 10 frames. I'm using Map X/Map Y not Screen X/Y (This is right yeah?) I have 4 Variables: EVENT 1 USES: X FRIENDLY, Y FRIENDLY EVENT 2 USES: X ENEMY, Y ENEMY How do I...
  14. gregbaby

Hey all, I'm trying in vain to to come up with a way for an event to activate via a parallel process when it is next to another event (X or Y, so when it is in the radius directly around an event) So far I've tried putting both Events X,Y locations into seperate variables and using conditional...
  15. gregbaby

VXACE - GALV's Invader Mini Game Modification for HUD Image

I second this! I'm using this mini game in my project too but that standard health bar be ugly!!! its a great script though!
  16. gregbaby

Pearl ABS V3 Crashing to desktop.

Hello again! Script in question: https://falcaorgss.wordpress.com/2012/12/02/falcao-pearl-abs-liquid-v1/ I've been having problems with my game crashing a lot due to this error message: Script '- Pearl Kernal' line 101: RGSSError occured. disposed bitmap EDIT: Added some screen shots into...
  17. gregbaby

Hey! Yeah I went away for a few years but I'm back! Despite the long break lol!

Hey! Yeah I went away for a few years but I'm back! Despite the long break lol!
  18. gregbaby

Distant Kingdoms is live on *******. Check it out!

Distant Kingdoms is live on *******. Check it out!
  19. gregbaby

Pearl ABS Animation Issue/Request

Hey Sixth, Yeah it's definately limited alright! I tried the script calls above but alas no joy! (EDIT: The animation I'm calling to play upon death is playing but only if the state animations aren't running at all, if it's even 1 frame into the burning animation the death animation doesnt...
  20. gregbaby

Pearl ABS Animation Issue/Request

Hello all, I use Falcoas Pearl ABS V3. LINK So the ABS will show animations on screen depending on the type of damage you've set to a weapon so a fire weapon will show burning on the enemy on screen etc etc etc yada yada yada. I need a way to be able to control the animations on screen, i.e...

Latest Threads

Latest Profile Posts

Just saw an article stating a Back to the FutureXTransformer comic crossover--and Doc Browns car is an Autobot. I am ALL FOR THIS!!
Well I sure didn't know fans could overheat and die. Room fans.
Felt like I dodged a bomb, my project was fine right after I force resetted due to a crash as I have yet to start working on it today..... :kaoback:
I have no idea what to do with my evening. I was working on the next Slip into Ruby but I kinda want to do something else for a bit. But I have no idea what. Yay indecision!
I hope your life going smoothly. I wish you do not find difficulty today. It's time to take action. Wish everyone take a break from the usual emotional intensity of social media and simply enjoy the sunshine and light conversation with others. Take action when you see that things are flagging.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AmateruYukitteru