Search results

1. Larry Jones

There's so much amazing stuff going on, a lot of people will be starting new hobbies or...

There's so much amazing stuff going on, a lot of people will be starting new hobbies or developing them, people will get more in touch with their feelings / start meditating or relaxing more, just so much great stuff. I think this will influence a lot of things positively going forward. Of...
  2. Larry Jones

We inspire ourselves imo, but there's so much cool stuff going on. For example online there's a...

We inspire ourselves imo, but there's so much cool stuff going on. For example online there's a lot of livestreams and musicians / artists sharing content on the internet, more so and in more inventive ways than usual. Going outside felt really good after being indoors for a few days.
  3. Larry Jones

Trains delayed again

Trains delayed again
  4. Larry Jones

COVID-19 a.k.a. coronavirus, let's talk about it.

Yes, their population has more older people (the graph I shared a breakdown based on age).
  5. Larry Jones

You would know if it was much worse. These are the stats in other countries too. The mortality rate is very very low.
  6. Larry Jones

This is the case fatality rates by age group in China, data through 11 Feb. Yes some people are going to fall into the bracket where unfortunately it will be fatal for them, but the overall statistics are still like the above graph.
  7. Larry Jones

UK is now making its way into “lockdown” mode this week, so it seems. Schools are still open here and people are still working but the advice is to work at home if possible, avoid pubs and clubs, self isolate if you or somebody in your household has symptoms etc. Unusual stuff huh? :D
  8. Larry Jones

How to Get Away with a Fan Game

Imo just do it If it becomes a problem maybe change the sprites, names etc till it becomes okay
  9. Larry Jones

@Failivrin interesting video with some nice perspectives, thanks for sharing it! fearful feeling is created by fearful thinking. In the moments people are believing fearful thinking they are experiencing fear and in the moments that they’re not, they are not. the stuff about not going on...
  10. Larry Jones

Being a good friend to yourself

"Most people are stagnant" - most people appear stagnant because they believe personalities are real things which are fixed when they reach adulthood. Their belief that this is the case means that they keep doing the same stuff and saying "that's just how I am". As Heraclitus said, "you cannot...
  11. Larry Jones

Yeah I’ve looked at that. Our brains are neuroplastic and people can completely change their “personalities” if they want to. What people refer to when they talk about personality is actually just a collection of patterns that they “do”, not really inherent traits. If they want to do something...
  12. Larry Jones

Yes, excellent topic. We “self hate” because that’s what we learned growing up (others did it to themselves and to us). However, it’s always possible to break the cycle. @MushroomCake28 what if “agreeableness” is something people “do” when they do it, not a fixed personality trait?
  13. Larry Jones

Here in the UK so far, most people are carrying on as normal. This seems different to a lot of countries with “lockdowns” etc. There’s no quarantine edict apart from if you’re symptomatic. Schools, gatherings etc remain open. Personally this seems very sensible to me
  14. Larry Jones

@CrowStorm exactly. Love your post. Are you in America? I can assure you stupidity is not bound to there at all :) despite the jokes us non-Americans might sometimes make. what I will add is ... no matter WHAT happens, whether it’s this or a trillion trillion times worse, we can just have a...
  15. Larry Jones

I'd understand if it were a more severe illness...the mortality rate is extremely low and it's not much worse than a common cold / flu is it?
  16. Larry Jones

Gameify my class

That's what you think about grades. What you think about grades will influence your students. If you believe they have extreme consequences, feel like punishment and kill students' courage, they're more likely to do those things and that's where the stress is coming from. So either change the...
  17. Larry Jones

Ways to keep game files up to date between multiple PCs

Have the game files saved on a USB that you move between the two? If your tablet has a port for that?
  18. Larry Jones

Gameify my class

Grades aren’t ranking students intelligence. They’re scores for a piece of work. That’s already a reward system, the better you do the higher the grade. It’s true that play is probably the best way of learning most of the time. Don’t forget that games often do involve elements of stress...

Latest Threads

Latest Profile Posts

The most rewarding part of making custom body character parts is absolutely not making the masks work. Somebody please put me out of my misery.
Any commercial devs here ever mess with Gamejolt? Been contemplating making my games available there but don't know if it's worth the effort or not.
Social distancing taught me of how much of not a loner I am. Dammit, I miss seeing my friends...
Happy 4th of July all. Anybody have plans? Mine here is staying home away from the virus. Still a nice 3 day weekend.
The project I am working on is going great at the moment. I'm hoping everyone is having as successful a time as I am. :)

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Froggo32