Search results

1. Galenmereth

It took me almost three years to crawl back to a semblance of normalcy. So yeah, what you like...

It took me almost three years to crawl back to a semblance of normalcy. So yeah, what you like -- or better yet, love -- can definitely burn you out.
  2. Galenmereth

Then my body just gave up. I struggled getting out of bed. Not depressed, not tired, just...

Then my body just gave up. I struggled getting out of bed. Not depressed, not tired, just completely void of energy. Doctors and the hospital took every test imaginable, including spinal fluid and multiple brain scans, but couldn't find anything specifically wrong with me. So they told me...
  3. Galenmereth

I learned this the hard way many years ago. I loved programming, and it gave me so much joy and...

I learned this the hard way many years ago. I loved programming, and it gave me so much joy and -- I felt -- energy. So I started a publicly traded company with a friend and we created a lot of cool things. We worked 12 hours a day every day for almost a year.
  4. Galenmereth

Mouse System Ex

@trapless My SSL certificate had expired, and I'd forgotten to renew it. It should be fixed now, but you might have to force-refresh the page so that the browser updates properly in a timely manner. Usually CTRL+SHIFT+R (or CMD+SHIFT+R on Mac)
  5. Galenmereth

Life has been punching me in the face lately, but I still want to get back to it yep.

Life has been punching me in the face lately, but I still want to get back to it yep.
  6. Galenmereth

The internet was a mistake. It's brought a lot of good to the world, don't get me wrong, but I...

The internet was a mistake. It's brought a lot of good to the world, don't get me wrong, but I feel like it's become a net negative at this point. And it's only getting worse.
  7. Galenmereth

Way too many games these days overstay their welcome. Often by padding the content with busywork...

Way too many games these days overstay their welcome. Often by padding the content with busywork and other tropes of modern game design. More often than not I stop playin games because they bore me to death after fifteen hours.
  8. Galenmereth

In my (wip) game, inn's are combined with pubs/social spaces, and it's where heroes and...

In my (wip) game, inn's are combined with pubs/social spaces, and it's where heroes and travellers meet up at a day's end to drink and share tales. So it serves as a central hub of gathering information and rumors from around the world for the player.
  9. Galenmereth

The Harsh Truth of Gamemaking

For me it's that I have so many different interests I want to pursue. I do programming for a living, but I've also studied and worked as a graphic designer and interactive usability designer. I like to write stories, and I like to think about how other people might see the same reality...
  10. Galenmereth

Only briefly, and it has diminishing returns. Coffee only elevates blood pressure for a brief...

Only briefly, and it has diminishing returns. Coffee only elevates blood pressure for a brief time, and the increase in focus is primarily a placebo.
  11. Galenmereth

I still managed to be productive, but it always drained me a lot more than working in solitude...

I still managed to be productive, but it always drained me a lot more than working in solitude does. I'd be completely mentally exhausted every day.
  12. Galenmereth

Yeah I'm the same. In my previous job we had an open-office solution, which is practically hell...

Yeah I'm the same. In my previous job we had an open-office solution, which is practically hell on earth. Even with noise-cancelling headphones, I'd still never feel completely "in the zone" because the body is always aware of people around you.
  13. Galenmereth

Being able to program in complete solitude does wonders for productivity and focus.

Being able to program in complete solitude does wonders for productivity and focus.
  14. Galenmereth

I also miss when I bought a game and it was complete and finished on the cartridge. No need to...

I also miss when I bought a game and it was complete and finished on the cartridge. No need to an extra download just to play the game, or day-1 patches. Buying a complete game that’ll keep working until the parts wear down... Why is that no longer possible?
  15. Galenmereth

Ubuntu is working very well for me and my laptop.

Ubuntu is working very well for me and my laptop.
  16. Galenmereth

Fire Emblem: Three Houses

I've played this *so* much since release it's crazy. I finished my Black Eagles play-through yesterday (50 hours), and I really feel like I got close to all of these characters I interacted with. I started a New Game+ (amazingly implemented!) immediately afterwards, to see the story from Golden...
  17. Galenmereth

Fire Emblem: Three Houses keeps getting more and more emotionally difficult, even during battle.

Fire Emblem: Three Houses keeps getting more and more emotionally difficult, even during battle.
  18. Galenmereth

Preload Manager

I've been busy with some life things and some work on my own game that's distracted me a bit, but it's still at the top of my list :) Hopefully very soon!
  19. Galenmereth

Pixi Filter Controller - fancy screen effects by pixi

@KotoYama Sorry, completely forgot to mention how you can check that :kaoswt2: When you playtest the game, hit F2 and look at the top left corner, below the framerate FPS counter. It'll say "WebGL mode" or "Canvas mode".
  20. Galenmereth

Pixi Filter Controller - fancy screen effects by pixi

You have to have a browser and computer that supports WebGL (GPU-based rendering), otherwise the filters simply are not available.

Latest Threads

Latest Profile Posts

JDgoldvox wrote on Mr. Detective's profile.
hey, could u help me with a problem? basically, How do I delete a character from a map after a cut scene is over? I am really new with RPG maker MV. Please help!
The most rewarding part of making custom body character parts is absolutely not making the masks work. Somebody please put me out of my misery.
Any commercial devs here ever mess with Gamejolt? Been contemplating making my games available there but don't know if it's worth the effort or not.
Social distancing taught me of how much of not a loner I am. Dammit, I miss seeing my friends...
Happy 4th of July all. Anybody have plans? Mine here is staying home away from the virus. Still a nice 3 day weekend.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
superfluffy