Search results

1. DivideByZero

How do you send a 'float' to a DLL?

Hi Guys, I have my own DLL happily talking with RPG Maker VX Ace, but can't figure out how to send a 'float' and an input parameter. As far as I can see the following data types are allowed as input; So as a result, I am unable to get my DLL to receive the correct floating point value. I...
  2. DivideByZero

How do you query what is in the scene?

Hi Guys, I am learning scripting by going in deep, tearing everything out, and learning how it all hangs together. Some might call it 're-inventing the wheel' to an extent, but I find this method works well for me. :) Assuming I have taken out all of the scripts and am mainly observing the...
  3. DivideByZero

RPG Maker API

Hi Guys, I have been playing with the scripts in RPG Maker VX Ace and I am wondering if there is a full API reference out there somewhere? The manual only seems to cover the RPG:: namespace but there are references to other things like 'Graphics', 'SceneManager', etc... but I can't find any...
  4. DivideByZero

New kid on the block

Hi guys! Just a quick hello. :) I have had RPG Maker VX Ace since mid 2013, but embarrassed to say I haven't used it until today. :blush: It seems to be surprisingly versatile, much more than I initially thought (which is awesome). I decided to install VX Ace today as I wanted to learn a new...
  5. DivideByZero

Usage of engine assets

Hi there :rock-right: I purchased RPG Maker VX Ace quite a few years back and have only just gotten around to getting a chance to really use it. I read through the EULA for RPG Maker VX Ace, but it doesn't say anything about whether you can use the default resources in your own project for...

Latest Threads

Latest Profile Posts

It's my cute little ghost~
Minecraft Dungeons is a great example of a game that's much simpler than other games in its genre but almost as equally immersive and fun to play. Lotta RPGmaker devs could learn from that lesson.
Well, it's been a while since the last time I came here... Is there a JS scripting FAQ? I'd like to know what it's capable of achieving, and how :rswt
I love the Time Fantasy tiles, but haven't played anything made with it yet. Can anyone recommend me something?
Vote for what I show more indepth on Twitter tomorrow from the MZ default resources

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rpgmakernoob