Search results

1. megumi014

RMMV Uinua

I decided to finally make a thread for my first game: Uinua. There is still a lot of work to do and the demo will most definitely take a while to come, but if I have the thread open I feel like I will be more productive :D The logo is most definitely provisional. An adventure game that...
  2. megumi014

Dialogue and Portraits preferences

Hi! While designing my game I encountered a couple of questions regarding dialogues and portraits that I thought could be generally discussed. I'd like to hear if anyone has a preference towards any of them and, if they are inclined to do so, say why they prefer one over the other, since I'm...
  3. megumi014

[JS] Disable Sprite Button/ClickHandlers temporarily?

Hiya! As the title says: is there any way to disable a sprite button temporarily? (And activate it later?) Like with this._randomWindow.deactivate(); but for the mouse input? I'm trying to set up a couple of windows on the Title Screen, and I could disable the mouse alltogether but I'd rather...
  4. megumi014

[MV] Skip Scrolling Text

Hi! I've been trying to look for an answer for this but I can't find it: Is there any way to stop a scrolling text command in the middle of it pressing, for example, the escape button? I have tried with loops, autoruns, conditional branches... but nothing seems to work. Thank you.
  5. megumi014

Pendulum Movement

Hi, I've been trying to emulate the movement of a pendulum and it's proving to be rather hard. I have managed to do something that resembles it but if I make it move faster the change of movement feels too abrupt, and the Y coordinate is hard to keep steady (I tried to anchor it). Here I'm...
  6. megumi014

Point and Click Inventory (IconID Pictures) Ver. 2 (10/06/2019)

Point and Click Inventory (IconID Pictures) Ver. 2. PEZ * The GUI elements and the Icons are from Александр Загорулько (I guess Aleksandr Zagorulʹko in latin alphabet). Requirements This Plugin was made with 1.5.2. version of RPG Maker MV. It might not work with 1.6.1. A new IconSet to...
  7. megumi014

[Solved] Set Event Location Permanently

Hiya. I'm trying to make an event move to another location permanently and I just can't figure out how. I don't need any complex coordinates, based on the player's position or anything like that. Just, for example, move Event 2, in Map 15, from (15, 20) to (12, 18). I do that with [Set...
  8. megumi014

[Solved] Plugin Command Question

(I hope this is the right part of the forum to post this) Hi, I'm trying to make a plugin command but nothing seems to work, I don't understand how this pluginCommand function works. I tried watching some tutorials but none are what I'm looking for: I have this piece of code...
  9. megumi014

RMMV Laze, Detective

: Title: Laze, Detective. Author: Baligabalaga (aka megumi014, I don't know how to change my user name :kaoswt2:) Rating: PG13 (mild swearing, very very bad puns). Genre: Adventure/Visual Novel, Mistery, Detective. Unbetaed. Current project for the One Map Challenge. It's supposed to be a...
  10. megumi014

I need help to understand Show Choices script call and callBack function

Hiya, I've been searching the forums since I know this is a confusing script but I'm still lost and I can't make it work. From what I've gathered I think I got the first part: choices = []; // make an empty array $gameMessage.setChoices(choices, 0, -1); // 0 is the first choice...
  11. megumi014

Bali's Tiles Resources [MV] (and moar)

Bali's Tiles Heaven ♥ & Moar Last Update: 30/11/18 Paintings Welp, lately I've been obsessed with ceramic tiles and ornaments, and I've been trying to incorporate some into my MV games. Some of them are not perfect since I'm still learning. Terms of Use: I use different sources to make...
  12. megumi014

[Solved] [JS] A few questions regarding Background pictures.

Hi, I hope I can make a few questions under the same threat, if not I will split them. I'm currently working on the [Select Item] (Window_EventItem) function to transform it into an Inventory. Instead of drawing the items it just draws the icons (128x128), that I will switch for drawings on...
  13. megumi014

[Solved] How to change the way Enter/OK Key works?

Hi, I've been trying to look the answer for this question in the forums but I always come up with answers that don't fix my problem. I don't know if it's just not possible to change it, but any advise would be helpful. From what I gathered when you press the Ok/Enter key it works by default as...
  14. megumi014

How to approach a map with multiple changing events?

Hiya! I've been working on a game that relies heavily on the plot and I find myself with this issue: There are maps (for example an Inn), in which many scenes/conversations happen. The same NPC might have different dialogues, cutscenes or locations depending on the moment of the story and I...
  15. megumi014

[RMMV] Tile/Character Visibility Problem

Hi, I have a problem with the visibility of a tile in the map: I have the handrail on the "star" visibility and it cuts down the hair of the character when it walks down the stairs. Is there any simple way to fix this problem? I guess I could fix it with scripting/editing but I would like...
  16. megumi014

Black/White background when loading menu picture

Hi, I'm trying to learn javascript and I've been messing around with the Command Menu (following a tutorial and trying to change things here and there), but I stumbled upon an issue and I have no idea how to fix it because I don't understand what is the engine doing or why. I'm trying to put a...
  17. megumi014

Character creation

Hello everyone, I could really use some help around the process of creating characters, especially their personalities. When I'm creating a game/book I focus on the ideas I want to convey, the themes, and the motivation of the characters to make the narration advance, but I always end up with...
  18. megumi014

Point&Click Icon/Action Interface (Keyboard/Mouse)

How to make a Point&Click action Interface. ... ... Hi everyone. This is a tutorial that will explain how to make a pop-up interface (f.e. “look”, “use”, “speak to”…) for Point&Click based games in RPG Maker MV through events (and a bit of scripting). There are many ways to make it: with...
  19. megumi014

Picture not showing (solved)

Hi everyone, I've come across a problem while trying to make a menu and I have absolutely no idea why it's not working, I don't know if I'm missing something or if it's a bug: As I understand, pictures with a higher number should appear on top of those with lower numbers, right? (For example...
  20. megumi014

How to make a sliding puzzle

How to make a sliding puzzle. Hi everyone, as the title says this is a tutorial to make a sliding puzzle. It needs a couple of events, pictures and a lot of patience, because it has a lot of conditional branches and requires some effort to picture visually where every piece of the puzzle is...

Latest Threads

Latest Profile Posts

Remember, you can enter up to THREE effects for a chance to win a copy of MZ! Only 11 submissions so far, the chances of winning is high! :D https://itch.io/jam/elfkisser
wake me up when Photoshop stop crashing everytime
Brioche with a crème patissiere filling is so tasty!
A group of Game creators and others who trying to revive the Feel of Multiplayer and TOWN/ROLEPLAY games
Wow, lots of RPG Maker MV stuff on sale on Steam for 50%-75% off. Steam, why you not tell me?!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hotelbones