Search results

1. kyonides

Script Issue

You gotta know a few things in order to handle scripts properly. class, module, def, if, unless, while, until, loop or loop do, times, do, for and sometimes even each are reserved terms in Ruby. If you used any of them, you need a corresponding end reserved term to finish that block of code...
  2. kyonides

Use icons instead of currency name for this script?

I don't think it's completely true that there aren't enough RGSS scripters around, actually there are about a ten or dozen here at least. The issue is that this kind of requests aren't really appealing to veteran scripters, especially if they gotta care about modifying other scripters' works...
  3. kyonides

[RMXP] Script that allows you to load fonts as spritesheets like in GameMaker Studio?

Think about this, would you make a separate spritesheet for all different font sizes? It'd be easy if you only had a single font size but what if you've set 5 or even more sizes? So you'd have to either scale the spritesheet (making it look blurry) or make bigger and bigger spritesheets... :S...
  4. kyonides

Checking in a script if a given state is in effect.

Let's say rate could have been left untouched just to let the user recall what it is all about. Concerning target... yeah, that would throw a NoMethodError message at once. Only if you need to make it afflict an enemy or any other actor, you would need to specify target, probably by adding a...
  5. kyonides

Autosave script ¿it is possible? ¿exists?

Try this scriptlet. It also includes the load saved game file feature. # * AutoSave GameFile # Scripter : Kyonides Arkanthes # * Script Calls * # GameFile.save # GameFile.load module GameFile FILENAME = 'AutoSaveGame' # Actual save game filename no extension def self.save...
  6. kyonides

Checking in a script if a given state is in effect.

You can also write it like this: class Game_Battler < Game_BattlerBase def item_hit(user, item) rate = target.state?(5)? 0.5 : 1.0 # Lower hit rate to 50% if target has specific state. end end return is unnecessary since rate is the last value read or calculated in that method of yours. It's...
  7. kyonides

Nah, that would make it worse since the variable is equal to nil not zero 0 so it's easier to skip the $game_system.autosave_count line since it's not mandatory to include it in sebarz's game AFAIK.
  8. kyonides

For the time being you could just place a pound symbol # right before that line that includes it, that's what we usually call to comment out some darn line.
  9. kyonides

Windows 10 is Unsafe According to NSA

Perhaps somebody should start a new thread to discuss the best antivirus available out there... Or just start using Linux or MacOSX if you prefer. :D
  10. kyonides

Windows 10 is Unsafe According to NSA

Beware, Windows 10 Users For Your Cyber Safety is in Danger! The US National Security Agency (NSA) has discovered a major flaw in Windows 10 that could have been used by hackers to create malicious software that looked legitimate. That's how the following article begins its explanation on...
  11. kyonides

Urge to Upgrade Firefox

If you're using Mozilla Firefox 71 or older, you better pay attention to this serious warning! You can read the MacRumors article here: https://www.macrumors.com/2020/01/10/mozilla-firefox-update-vulnerability/ And then you can also double check it here as well...
  12. kyonides

Help with deleting bitmaps

Next suggestion... module Cache # filepath example: 'Graphics/Battlers/Angel' def self.dispose(filepath, hue = 0) key = hue > 0 ? [filepath, hue] : [filepath] @cache[key].dispose rescue nil @cache.delete(key) end end
  13. kyonides

Help with deleting bitmaps

KK was close to the solution but it can be reduced to its minimum expression. module Cache # filepath example: 'Graphics/Battlers/Angel' def self.dispose(filepath, hue = 0) key = [filepath] key << hue if hue != 0 @cache[key].dispose @cache.delete(key) end end It's weird how this board...
  14. kyonides

Casper CSCA Encyclopedia Crash

for i in 0..$data_enemies.size That's real nonsense! There's no enemy 0 (replace it with 1) nor enemy size like in 100 because the array actually has 101 elements. You'd need to add a third dot there to prevent any issues that might show up later on.
  15. kyonides

KEndure XP

KEndure XP + VX + ACE by Kyonides Arkanthes Introduction I introduce you to...:aswt: Nope, it's not Aluxes, it's a new script indeed! It was inspired by a fellow RM user's request by the way... It's just some sort of endurance or sturdy + anti-sturdy set of states! :confused: This means...
  16. kyonides

16/9 RPG MAKER XP

I've got a script that already modifies 5 important scripts to make them realize the game already provides a different resolution from the very beginning. You can pm me in case you ever needed. Plus you can use the script call: Graphics.frame_rate = 60 To make it run at a similar speed as VX...
  17. kyonides

KReaper XP

It's fine the way it is now.
  18. kyonides

(RMXP)anti-lag Map Screen view

Add this call: Graphics.frame_rate = 60 ...and let us know if it still lags terribly.
  19. kyonides

Check the Arquitecture of Files and DLLs

Check the Arquitecture of Files and DLLs with a Ruby script! I'm posting this scriptlet here because it's not RGSS based but a common Ruby script so it might work on any version of RGSS in theory. You can also run it as a typical Ruby script on your PC in case you have already installed the...
  20. kyonides

KReaper XP

KReaper XP v1.2.1 by Kyonides Arkanthes Introduction This scriptlet of mine should let you do a few things you might already do via common events, switches and variables, namely killing your heroes or foes with a hidden timer! :O Yes, you can use skills! I would suggest the following names...

Latest Threads

Latest Posts

Latest Profile Posts

This time around I don't have early access to the new maker, so I have to wait like everyone else to look under the hood. I really hope we get to soon though, I'm pretty excited :D
Chaos17 wrote on Poryg's profile.
Hi, I am following your videos tutorials serie about coding on MV and I am at the third video. Thank you for making it but's a bit hard to follow since you don't show the whole plugin at the end. I had to screenshot the lines between 110-159 because you scrolled so fast on them.
:rtear:
I'm not sure if I should be happy for MZ, or sad for MV.
Not going to lie.... The update's cool and all, but I immediately ran to Mog's site and was like, "Update! Update! Update!" while breathing on the page of his Star Ocean Battle System plugin. :kaoswt:
Ho boi. I can already see the storm of ugly actor faces RTP customizable facesets from MZ are gonna flood. XD

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
James1998