Search results

1. SRPG Engine - Plugins for creating Turn Based Strategy game

I'm having an issue with one of my maps. When I complete the map, an error pops up (pictured below). It only happens with this one map, so I'm assuming the issue must be something in the map, but I've tried getting rid of other events, getting rid of the effects of other plugins, and nothing...
  2. Game & Map Screenshots 11

Went ahead and made some edits to the tune of these suggestions, and they definitely look a lot better. I admit it's fairly dark on this map in-game, so I'm not sure how noticeable the vine edit will be, but the pathway looks much better now. I guess I was going for a sort of "grass growing over...
  3. Game & Map Screenshots 11

I've been working on my parallax mapping recently. Watching tutorials and just generally brushing up on my sprite work. I am far from an artist -- it's my great weakness, in truth -- but I like to think I've done a decent job editing together RTP with resources I've found around the forum...
  4. SRPG Engine - Plugins for creating Turn Based Strategy game

How would you use common events to create a "preperation" phase like in Fire Emblem? I was hoping there'd be an extension, but common events will work, too. I'd like to be able to choose which units I bring to battle from a list (that grows over the course of the game), and where the units I...
  5. Detect Cone in front of Player

I'm currently using a system like that. I have it set up to detect two spaces in front of the player. It... works, but I'm worried it may have issues down the line.
  6. I don't know what to title this as but please help?

Instead of having three events that you step on to start the event, why not use one? Create two variables using "game data" as its operand, then choose character -> player -> Map X / Map Y to find the player's X and Y positions, then use conditional branches in a single event to find all three...
  7. Rules Ideas That Don’t Deserve Their Own Thread

I've started working on a neat Horror RPG idea I've had kicking in my head for a long time. It started development on VX Ace, originally, but that was on an older computer and I have MV now, so... starting from scratch with some fresh ideas. Since it's a Horror RPG, I'm not using a battle...
  8. Locking Character Direction

I'm trying to create a system in my game where the character has to aim a flashlight at enemies on the map while moving around. Being able to lock your characters direction on the fly would make this a lot easier, but I've been running into some issues. I've tried two different routes, but both...
  9. Taller Sprites clipping through parts of the map

Have you checked the passage settings on your tilesets? If you see a star, that particular asset is set to appear above your character. That can cause pieces to be cut off because the game thinks the top half of the vending machine or whatever is supposed to be above the player character. You...
  10. Detect Cone in front of Player

Accidentally posted this over in VX, yesterday. Whoops! Just gonna copypaste. I'm a klutz. This is an MV issue. I'm creating a game where the player carries a flashlight. I want to have things react to the flashlight being shined on them, but I'm not sure how to do that. I assume it would...
  11. Detect Cone in front of Player

Oh shoot. I meant to post in MV. Sorry about that.
  12. Detect Cone in front of Player

I'm creating a game where the player carries a flashlight. I want to have things react to the flashlight being shined on them, but I'm not sure how to do that. I assume it would involve using JavaScript, detecting a cone (at least, the squares necessary to make something cone-like) in front of...
  13. Can't Start New Project

I managed to get the program to create a new game. I ended up finding an error called AppHangB1. I looked into it and it may have been related to some sort of virus or a code error in the Operating System. I ran a virus check, fixed some errors, and now it's able create a new game.
  14. Can't Start New Project

I re-installed VX Ace and it still freezes when I try to create a new game. I decided to copy/paste another project and just edit that into a new game. However, I still hope that this can be fixed somehow.
  15. Can't Start New Project

1. Correct. When opening the project from its folder, it opens a different project, whatever ones I've opened recently, it seems to be. 2. Completely freezes up. It does not respond at all. I end up closing the program, and when I open it I'm back to whatever project I already had open.
  16. Can't Start New Project

I'm currently trying to start a new project in VX Ace, but I'm coming across two different problems. The first one is that when I try to open an already established project from it's folder, it opens up an entirely different project. I've managed to bypass this by simply opening the project from...
  17. Help With Editing My Menu

Well I managed to figure out how to get both screens to appear at once. I went into Scene_Item and copy/pasted the create_command_window and create_status_window sections into there. Though you can still select things from the command window even when in the item window. Not sure how it affects...
  18. Help With Editing My Menu

Alright. I've pretty much just been editing the basic Window and Scene scripts in Ace's engine. Will post what I have right now. Scene_Menu   Scene_Item Window_MenuCommand Window_MenuStatus Window_ItemCategory Window_ItemList Again, all I'm trying to do is make it so the Main Menu...
  19. Help With Editing My Menu

I'm currently trying to edit the menu for a game I'm working on. What I would like to happen is pretty simple. You go into the menu and see the small bit of info at the bottom. You click Items and the Items pop up above the character info. But I can't figure out how to do this without the...
  20. Map Effects

So I just added this script to my Script Editor, and I'm noticing my one scene seems to be buggin out on me now. I haven't actually started using the script yet, though. I haven't called on any commands. It also only seems to be this one scene, as it doesn't seem to have any adverse effects on...

Latest Threads

Latest Posts

Latest Profile Posts

The more I look at the QPlugins... The more I am amazed at what they can do. Which I'm not going to lie is pretty awkward, because I already consider them far and away the best plugins MV has to offer. :kaoback:
spending a week trying to figure out what was wrong with my font has me DED
504 threads to go upon the time of this post until the forum reaches 100k threads. Thread Dead Redemption. Thready Van Halen. Thread Zeppelin. Doesn't have to be a band or a game
Random thought: Looks like putting in effort in learning a language is like a taboo for most people. :kaoswt2:
Not sure about RPG Maker MZ ; We see a lot of things, but they could have enhanced a lot of things in MV first... We're at the era of updates nowadays, not new products over and over and over :/

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
KaylaO