Search results

1. byronclaude

Event RPG Maker 28th Birthday : Release Something Event

Happy Birthday RPG Maker. I'll contribute. :cool:
  2. byronclaude

Esz's African inspiration tiles & others

I am late in discovering this it seems... The world has kept me very busy and until now, I have never dedicated any real energy toward MV... ....none the less, I feel it is important to insert my opinion: These are magnificent! Thank you for creating these stellar resources. For many of...
  3. byronclaude

March Goals & Progress Thread

Either can work... but I think I enjoy Locked in classes. FF6 comes to mind. That was a sort of combination since espers could basically turn everyone into a mage. But if you wanted to be able to steal, you needed Locke. If you were a fan of the Runic Blade, you needed Celes. If you fancy...
  4. byronclaude

In my opinion, to truly forgive also entails forgeting... so yes. There is an old saying I...

In my opinion, to truly forgive also entails forgeting... so yes. There is an old saying I heard family members use that says "Forgive but never forget..." ...how is that actually forgiving???
  5. byronclaude

Question about battles.

As a user of several RPG Maker engines... I can say if you want to create an on-screen battle system... it certainly can be done. However, since the default "Battle Mode" means moving to a turn-based battle scene, what you are asking about is the creation of a "custom battle mode". It most...
  6. byronclaude

Anyone else ever consider becoming an industry patron?

I admit it feels strange to be able to say that. Don't get me wrong, I am in no way wealthy... but compared to many prior eras in my life, I am coming to terms with the truth that I am actually moving in the right direction (a hard thing actually for a person to pat themselves on the back...
  7. byronclaude

Changing auto BGM after switch

I actually am fascinated with Kyoku's idea... I have yet to try something like that. In fact, Kyoku's post has me thinking of all kinds of possibilities involving parallel processing that would be fun to try. :smile: Depending on the game you are making, I have one consideration that I have...
  8. byronclaude

Exploration mechanic in a stealth game

I love anything that involves something new or unusual in the world of game mechanics. I think the foraging skill is an interesting idea worthy of trying. For anything innovative... I recommend small-scale beta-testing. Have others sample the mechanics of game play and pay close attention to...
  9. byronclaude

Save Spot or Save from Menu?

I'm fascinated by how evenly split the community is on this subject. :rolleyes: I am in firm agreement with rpgdreamer: I do think there are exceptions, sure... but for the style of game play entertainment I seek - save points are the way to go for the exact reason mentioned above. Save...
  10. byronclaude

Ever Feel Self-Conscious about Your Game?

This is an interesting subject... that I feel very strongly about. It is okay to feel self-conscious about your game... but it should ONLY apply to yourself. When you create a game, you are in essence creating a world... and that is YOUR world. :D The main reason many of us get into this...
  11. byronclaude

I'd pay money hand over fist for a strategy RPG version of RPG Maker, would you?

Like HexMozart, I am a huge fan of Ace... still... and will be for a long time. I find the event system intuitive, and have learned how to manipulate that system along to do some incredible things including some strategy works. However... As a person who owns all of the american release RPG...
  12. byronclaude

How many skills...

I firmly agree. :) Actually... this is one of the instances where the developer's opinion is the only one that matters (something to savor and enjoy!). But I whole-heartedly agree with Andar... it has to make the overall game play experience GOOD. It has been my observation that any...
  13. byronclaude

Anyone else ever consider becoming an industry patron?

Lately, I have finally been getting a grip on life (it has taken all 37 years to start to master things like: work, bills, stress, etc.) But now, having mastered a schedule that allows me to return to the gaming world in pursuit of my childhood hobby, I find myself paying closer attention to...
  14. byronclaude

Voice Over for RPG game. Good or bad?

I have contemplated inserting some kind of voice action into a project... but honestly, if I did it - it would be to accomplish something small and funny that would probably never go beyond private use... ...something to say: I tried it. But I go with much of the market on this one... which...
  15. byronclaude

Having mastered work life... I am returning to the video game development scene with a since of...

Having mastered work life... I am returning to the video game development scene with a since of ambition that feels new to me. B)
  16. byronclaude

RIP Wii U

Wii U... it's peak has passed... but there is a generation of us regular NES and SNES users who are coming back into the video game world hard and heavy... and having worked hard to establish ourselves in the world (earn a paycheck that actually starts to cover the bills) we have decided it...
  17. byronclaude

Games You Love That Everyone Else Hates

Okay, so mine wasn't necessarily hated... but rather it was like, MISSED... by the whole rpg loving community (usa) during it's release... and I fell deeply in love with it... "Arcana" for SNES. :) The game offered a simplistic first person point of view in a simple medieval magical...
  18. byronclaude

March Goals & Progress Thread

I went through it hard in January... I am sorry Kes ;_;. Hang in there... it will get better! :) Just keep fighting. (Good music was key to my recovery in January... ...strangely...) I am reviving an old project. Opened it the other day, and realized it is just too good to let go. The...
  19. byronclaude

Yes! COFFEE :) 2 cream no sugar :)

Yes! COFFEE :) 2 cream no sugar :)
  20. byronclaude

UPDATE: Khas Ultra Lighting

This is fantastic news. These scripts and the Luna Engine are the only rather complex scripts I use... and I adore the cosmetic effect of the Khas Ultra Lighting immensely. As someone who still favors VX Ace, it is nice to see the Ace scripts receiving an update. Many thanks!!!

Latest Threads

Latest Profile Posts

It seems like this is going to be another remote semester. RIP.
I don't like linear gear progression in games. I'd like to see more gear be useful from start to finish. This is also true for skills. I also like finding overpowered gear, and don't enjoy games that are too balanced.
Framework is getting closer to completion. Adding more QoL changes for users.
I'm very excited with DE:VOID! And FYI Darkness of Hope - The Pocket Watch in development, so please be excited!
The more I look at the QPlugins... The more I am amazed at what they can do. Which I'm not going to lie is pretty awkward, because I already consider them far and away the best plugins MV has to offer. :kaoback:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MrRenato