Search results

1. Ravenith

Moghunter's Pick Up & Throw - Minor Edit Request

Heya. I'm trying to use this plugin (https://atelierrgss.wordpress.com/rmv-pick-up-and-throw/) and stumbled upon an issue with autotiles and the way MV handles their passability. Long story short, I would like to have a Region in which the player cannot throw events. I'd like some help to add...
  2. Ravenith

[FROG] Health - Additional Custom HP, Hunger, Thirst and more!

Hello there @Frogboy , great plugin. Adds a ton of utility. May I suggest an additional feature? It would be great if these additional parameters could be used as a skill resource, much like MP or TP.
  3. Ravenith

RMMV Dark Souls - Inspired RPG & Octopath Battle System

Wow, that's a lot of quality input! Thanks, everyone! @atoms and @Plainview in particular have nailed it. "Even though the world is bleak and the player is alone in the world, that there are others going through the same thing" - that's what i want to express. That sense of camaraderie...
  4. Ravenith

RMVX Apple farm

Interesting premise. Have you thought about what the game would be like gameplay-wise?
  5. Ravenith

RMMV Dark Souls - Inspired RPG & Octopath Battle System

Hello there. I've been working on an MV game that aims to incorporate many of the peculiar game and narrative design choices and techniques seen in the Souls series and Bloodborne. Everything's been going great, except - obviously - for the combat part. I was building a battle system centered...
  6. Ravenith

Full Item and Skill Descriptions

Here you go.
  7. Ravenith

Lufiastyle Event Mover Help - Skip Turns?

Hello there. I'm in need of assistance with a plugin (whose creator seems to be MIA since 2016 :/ ). It's this one: https://forums.rpgmakerweb.com/index.php?threads/lufiastyle-event-mover.64947/ What I'm looking for is a script call or plugin command to make events move a step without the...
  8. Ravenith

JavaScript questions that don't deserve their own thread

Thanks for the tip. For a value of just 1, it's actually manageable to do this via just a few conditional branches. I just realized.
  9. Ravenith

JavaScript questions that don't deserve their own thread

Hello all! Non-coder here, looking for a simple condition for a conditional branch and need help with the syntax. The condition looks like this: if (x1-x2)*(x1-x2) + (y1-y2)*(y1-y2) <= 1 where: x1 = game variable X y1 = game variable Y x2 = the active event's X position y2 = the active...
  10. Ravenith

A Game's Protagonist: A Vague Blank Slate, Or A Strongly Pre-Formed Character?

@XIIIthHarbinger I'm glad that you mentioned Mass Effect's Shepard. I haven't played the games yet - I just got started with ME1 to see he BioWare handles Shepard compared to the player characters in, say, KotOR. Correct me if I'm misunderstood, but I've been told that Shepard is an interesting...
  11. Ravenith

@Kes Pardon my initial phrasing, I see your point, and I'm sorry for any inconvenience. I deliberately shied away from including any specific information, to keep the discussion as open-ended as possible. My intent was getting a general feel of how people feel about the whole design dichotomy...
  12. Ravenith

Hello everyone. I seem to be in quite a pickle, so I figured I'd ask y'all what you think. I'm in the process of writing a the story for an RPG I'm making, and I can't quite make up my mind about what type of protagonist people enjoy the most (at least in an RPG Maker game!). So, without...
  13. Ravenith

[Resolved] Yanfly State React Effect Question - What Am I Doing Wrong This Time?

Okay, that was my bad. I was testing it with the default ID:10 state, Sleep, which was instantly removed by the same damage that applied it. The issue has been resolved, you can close this, thank you very much.
  14. Ravenith

[Resolved] Yanfly State React Effect Question - What Am I Doing Wrong This Time?

Hello people. I'm trying to make a game mechanic where: >Battlers with 0 MP are afflicted with State A >Battlers that receive damage while afflicted with State A are in turn afflicted with State B. I decided to make State A into a passive using Yanfly's Buff & State Core & AutoPassiveStates...
  15. Ravenith

Setting up counter skills.

For the enemy to counter-attack, you actually have to give them a Counter Attack trait. This has nothing to do with YF's plugin - it's like that by default. (Traits are the upper right box in your enemy database. Counter is found under the "Param" tab, and is an Ex-Parameter.) By default, when...
  16. Ravenith

OcRam - Passages plugin

Kudos both for the script and the detailed, concise description. You, Sir or Madam, deserve a cookie.
  17. Ravenith

Quasi ABS

Hello @Quasi, I'd like to make a suggestion. It would be great if your ABS could be combined with your Quasi Event Turn Based Movement plugin. When the player moves or uses an action, each enemy will get one move or action too - resembling roguelike battles. Hopefully it would not take...
  18. Ravenith

Custom Stat Evaluation Formulae (Yanfly Plugins)

Yeah, that seems to work! Thank you very much!
  19. Ravenith

Custom Stat Evaluation Formulae (Yanfly Plugins)

Oh, thanks! I was missing the "user." part. That should do it! One last thing; would you happen to know how to use resistance to a specific element or state in there?

Latest Threads

Latest Profile Posts

It seems like this is going to be another remote semester. RIP.
I don't like linear gear progression in games. I'd like to see more gear be useful from start to finish. This is also true for skills. I also like finding overpowered gear, and don't enjoy games that are too balanced.
Framework is getting closer to completion. Adding more QoL changes for users.
I'm very excited with DE:VOID! And FYI Darkness of Hope - The Pocket Watch in development, so please be excited!
The more I look at the QPlugins... The more I am amazed at what they can do. Which I'm not going to lie is pretty awkward, because I already consider them far and away the best plugins MV has to offer. :kaoback:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MrRenato