Search results

1. hian

The depth of protagonists VS antagonists

So lately I've been thinking a lot, and breaking down/analysing narratives, and one thing that has struck me is how under-developed heroic characters often are comparatively to the villains. Before you object, just hear me out here - Is it not the case, with the exception of...
  2. hian

Combining PRX Ace - Character Shadows with TINY OVERWORLD SPRITES SCRIPT

So, like the thread title says - I am looking to make two scripts work together. They're not incompatible, but the idea is that I want the tiny overworld character script, which shrinks the character sprites on certain maps, such as the worldmap, to also shrink the shadow graphic that the...
  3. hian

Attack on Titan tribute Game

Anyone else play this game? I'm giving it a go, and so far it's pretty entertaining. game: http://fenglee.com/game/aog/ forums: http://fenglee.com/forum/index.php game-play from an older version: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DV2OAgm-IOw#t=429 Essentially, it's like this weird 3d...
  4. hian

Freedom Wars

So, I'm playing the Freedom Wars Beta right now, and I'm really liking it so for. What I thought was basically just going to be a sci-fi rip-off of Monster Hunter is shaping up to be so much more, so I'm really hyped for this one. Anyone else playing atm, nor planning to play upon full...
  5. hian

Some balancing and feature questions

So, I've been working my ass off for almost 1.5 years with my main project, and a demo is coming up soon (ignore the project links in my sig, because my main project has been overhauled to the point that the project thread is now completely irrelevant), and so I have a few questions. As the...
  6. hian

Do you have a game dev folder?

Like the title says : Do you have a folder, or file system dedicated to your game development? If so, how is it organized, and how much space does it take? Personally, I have a huge folder with subfolders set up for game development. One part is for unprocessed resources and WIP resources...
  7. hian

yami's PCTB battle system error

Yami's predicted charge turn battle system crashes whenever a character counter-attacks. The relevant script can be found here: http://yamiworld.wordpress.com/rgss3/battle-scripts/yeas-add-on/pctb/ After googling it for a while, it seems many people have had this error, and that it's due to...
  8. hian

adding members to party without changes in line-up

As the title says. I have this issue that I want to add a character to my party prior to a fight, but when I do this, the new character becomes the default party leader, which ruins my cut scene, because the hero is suddenly swapped out for this new member. It is getting on my nerves real bad...
  9. hian

Dramatic ending

So, I'm almost done with the rough outline of the story, and the gameplay elements for my main project, and I'm toying with this idea for the ending, but I want some feedback, because I've got a feeling it might put a lot of people off(at least those who prefer happy endings). Essentially...
  10. hian

Witchborn - Remnants of Shahadrin

Preface So, as my demo is nearing completion, I think it's time to unveil my new main project. I've been working on it for a couple of months now, taking inspiration from the old slogan used to describe the Squaresoft classic "Vagrant Story" - "Medieval Gear Solid". The keywords I kept in the...
  11. hian

hian's balloon sets

Welcome stranger! Now, this is pretty straight forward, like the title states, a thread where I'll post the custom balloon sets I made for my projects and general use. (note that I am using this format in my own games, and for that reason I would be grateful if people use the templates I have...

Latest Threads

Latest Profile Posts

Who knew modern medieval was an actual music genre? I don't know what the youtube algorithms are doing but for once they found something actually fascinating:
Yay! Got 3 new frying pans, its weird, but I'm so happy about it.
Yelp. I've discovered that I am one of those people who should not be drinking coffee. Took me a week detoxing off of coffee and switching to tea to realize how badly it was affecting me- and I've been drinking the stuff for years. Yikes!
I bought a gaiter with Meijer printed on it.

I'm still a Walmart worker, and I wore it today for work.
Trying out new carpet autotiles and I can't decide if it's working or not. Pixeling soft carpets is hard

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CyberRPG