Search results

1. Anyone

RPG Maker MZ, Preview #3: Character Generator, Plugin Manager, Event: Plugin Command!

You're probably not getting around aliasing functions. The key to doing it correctly is to alias with your plugin name. var ANY_Advanced_Fading_Game_Interpreter_prototype_command221 = Game_Interpreter.prototype.command221; If you don't, then you're bound to get problems in any function that...
  2. Anyone

RPG Maker MZ, Preview #3: Character Generator, Plugin Manager, Event: Plugin Command!

True, though some changes aren't big changes - or even terribly complicated or complex. Folder structures for event character & face selection? String label search for them? Item & Common event tab system instead of just one long list for each? None of those things are terribly complicated but...
  3. Anyone

You mean it's like the difference between word 2013 and word 2016?
  4. Anyone

That's all true, but at the end of the day, it's a value proposition like any product: Do you believe you will get enough new value out of this product to justify the cost of purchase? That's a question everyone has to answer for themselves. What you'll never get is a "this much effort has...
  5. Anyone

Using scripts calls instead would work, but as you point out, it comes with a slew of additional stuff to do which is inconvenient for experienced users and downright hostile to beginners, because plugin commands are simple (command, arguments) wheras with script calls, you need to also watch...
  6. Anyone

I disagree. First of all, it'd be still the plugin creator's decision of whether to use one or the other or both or none. That decision already exists currently, where plugin creators can decide whether to add, for example, plugin commands to change or specify an automated plugin process...
  7. Anyone

I think criticism or disappointment is as valid in a preview threat as hype or enthusiasm. I believe it's fundamentally wrong to deny either party their optimism or disappointment. Everything has its place in a discussion and whether Poryg's points are valid for you does not change the fact that...
  8. Anyone

1. Script calls work differently. They're direct javascript. And that creates constraints on what you can do as "command" since the command is the function name. Having stuff like fadein() as a general function flying around in the code is a nightmare from a coding perspective, given the...
  9. Anyone

Enhanced Generator Overall just meh. Not gonna use it, I'll keep using Schlangan's generator, which is still vastly more powerful and has lots of features the generator doesn't have - or if I find the time, I'll find a programmer to work with to build a new one that has even more improved...
  10. Anyone

RPG Maker MZ, Preview #2: Graphics, Mapping, Eventing!

Sounds like a lot of that would also be very useful to have in non-horror games? I think your engine plugins would end up being quite popular if they don't focus primarily on horror, but also functionality beyond that. Take the fear system. It's basically there to handle a specific custom...
  11. Anyone

I've you manage to get the SV actors stretched/redrawn to DF size, do tell. I've been thinking about looking to find people to overhaul & continue my Tall Body Project (see sig) which creates Dark Fantasy sized sprites (but so far no SV actors yet) for a generator. Who knows, maybe the RMZ...
  12. Anyone

I'll just leave it there to keep you guessing. ;) Your word in the plugin devs ear. (Did you hear that future lighting plugin developer? I'd like one improved khas lighting system please, event & image based with a bit of regional lighting on top.) :D
  13. Anyone

Thanks, I think I've fixed it (found only one instance, though?) But yeah, MV and MZ can end up mixed surprisingly easy, sorry. Well, I hope you're right. Updated code and ease of use plus everything we have for MV would be very welcome. In this instance, I'd welcome to be proven thoroughly...
  14. Anyone

True, but also what I fear. MZ has welcome new additions, but nothing is groundbreaking (so far. I'm holding onto the hope that there's gonna be something still unannounced that'll wow me, or that the new code base will do so). You can skip some ease-of-use features and still use MVand its...
  15. Anyone

Khas Advanced Lighting v4.2 Ultra (now with real-time shadows!)

From what I understand, that is probably not possible. The plugin basically creates a black overlay to darken the map, then merges that with the light sprites to create the illumination effect. In order for those to light up the map entirely, all of these sprites are merged on a canvas that's...
  16. Anyone

Plugin Maker thread : what's your plan for RM MZ?

Depends largely on how active MZ becomes and whether enough people design the kind of plugins I need that I personally *can't* do, especially a lighting plugin to phase out Terrax Lighting or Khas' Lighting. If I don't see those pop up, then there's no way I can transition the current project...
  17. Anyone

RPG Maker MZ Preview #1: Music, Battles, Animations!

My guess would be that it's easier to draw & work with smaller characters. The larger the character, the more detail you need to add. The smaller the character, the more you can get away with. So for people who aren't pixel artists, a 48 sprite is easier to convert & work with than a 64 sprite...
  18. Anyone

OcRam - Audio_EX plugin

Doesn't work, the anti delay has functions that get in the way. For instance it seems that it buffers sound effects by directly assigning them to an event, which is why the volume & sound doesn't change. It can't change much because it gets locked in.
  19. Anyone

OcRam - Audio_EX plugin

Yeah, I went through my plugins just now and deactivated & activated stuff and it turns out that Irina's Anti Audio Delay plugin is at fault here. So for the record, if anyone wants to use the dynamic sound effects - don't use the Anti Audio Delay plugin. They don't function together. xD
  20. Anyone

OcRam - Audio_EX plugin

I've tested the new command a bit, and come upon a few problems. I created an event of a soldier that runs into a wall, then returns to his position only to run into the wall again. The first problem is that the volume of the sound is unaffected by the distance. No matter how near or far you...

Latest Threads

Latest Profile Posts

//peeks out from behind some bushes
Psst! Psst!
//waits for everyone to gather...
I saw it! I saw it!
//looks around conspiratorially then leans over and whispers
Galv updated a plugin!
:rheh:
No sudden moves, we don't want to scare him off. :kaoback:
Quick someone setup a Patron trap while we distract him. :LZSexcite:
Stream will be live shortly with a session of the Interactive text Adventure! Feel free to drop by!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Urotsuki