Search results

1. Poryg

We shall wait until it hits us and see.

We shall wait until it hits us and see.
  2. Poryg

Yeah, sorry. xD

Yeah, sorry. xD
  3. Poryg

RPG Maker MZ, Preview #3: Character Generator, Plugin Manager, Event: Plugin Command!

@Dalph I've been with the community for 3 years. Started on MV 1.4.4. In 1.5.0 we got better plugin manager. In 1.6.0 we finally got better nwjs. I was one of the 7 people who provided feedback on MV 1.6.0 open beta. Their support of that was good - so good that they did not even fix any of the...
  4. Poryg

Yeah, at this point it's too late I guess. At this point. ES6 and better optimization have been...

Yeah, at this point it's too late I guess. At this point. ES6 and better optimization have been requested for years. And if we want a better optimized engine, apparently we have to buy it. I can't support this practice. Not with the price of MV.
  5. Poryg

@ImaginaryVillain If I only rewrite engine from ES5 to ES6, I'm breaking next to nothing. The...

@ImaginaryVillain If I only rewrite engine from ES5 to ES6, I'm breaking next to nothing. The prototype thing vs. class thing is from 90% syntactic sugar. The only real difference is in static variables and functions. There was even a poll on what version people use, with vast majority being at 1.6.
  6. Poryg

I agree that different code base needs to be shipped under new engine. But in regards to...

I agree that different code base needs to be shipped under new engine. But in regards to features, so far the only features that would justify new engine are effekseer, new map layer, PIXIv5 and native ATB. Many of the features that got presented so far should have been part of MV someday imo.
  7. Poryg

RPG Maker MZ, Preview #3: Character Generator, Plugin Manager, Event: Plugin Command!

Ngl... This update does contain some amazing features... But at the same time leaves me feeling gutted. So many of those features could've been brought to MV. Perhaps not all of them, I would understand why MV sticks to PIXIv4 instead of PIXIv5. But ES6 was a necessity. If not ES6, then at least...
  8. Poryg

I can understand no update to PIXIv5 due to breaking a couple of things. But not updating MV to...

I can understand no update to PIXIv5 due to breaking a couple of things. But not updating MV to ES6 or preloading? Unacceptable. The quality of life features of MZ aren't too difficult to implement either. Why not put them into MV then? Greed is literally the only thing I can think of.
  9. Poryg

@TheoAllen Moral qualms.

@TheoAllen Moral qualms.
  10. Poryg

@ImaginaryVillain That's not what I've meant. It's just that this week's reveal left me feel...

@ImaginaryVillain That's not what I've meant. It's just that this week's reveal left me feel really gutted. All the presented features sound amazing... But why didn't MV receive any of them?
  11. Poryg

I'm not sure if I should be happy for MZ, or sad for MV.

I'm not sure if I should be happy for MZ, or sad for MV.
  12. Poryg

I have my monthly expenses at 750 a month, but I also have extremely unhealthy spending habits...

I have my monthly expenses at 750 a month, but I also have extremely unhealthy spending habits. With rent of 250 dollars I could definitely conserve 200 dollars a month if I wasn't so lazy. :(
  13. Poryg

@Finnuval Why do you type ,-euro? ,- are czech koruna. € are euros. And yup, the registration...

@Finnuval Why do you type ,-euro? ,- are czech koruna. € are euros. And yup, the registration fee is around 20-25 dollars. Monthly expenses can be kept as low as at 500 dollars if you're good enough and find good rent.
  14. Poryg

@Kupotepo @MushroomCake28 Actually, it is free even for foreigners. The government thought about...

@Kupotepo @MushroomCake28 Actually, it is free even for foreigners. The government thought about tuition fees for foreigners, but in the end they scratched it - qualified workforce is leaving from our country, so... Not to mention, it'd be discriminatory towards them.
  15. Poryg

If you're under the age of 26, your health and social insurance is paid by the state. The only...

If you're under the age of 26, your health and social insurance is paid by the state. The only expenses you have are on food, uni life, erasmus and dormitory.
  16. Poryg

@MushroomCake28 Not 100% free. You have 4 free years of Bachelor and 3 free years of Master's...

@MushroomCake28 Not 100% free. You have 4 free years of Bachelor and 3 free years of Master's. Usual nachelor takes 3 years, usual master takes 2 years. So essentially free. PhD needs to be paid.
  17. Poryg

Oh, absolutely tr-

Oh, absolutely tr-
  18. Poryg

*laughs in free education*

*laughs in free education*
  19. Poryg

11 hours of programming... Only to add two more zoom levels. Well, that's what happens when you...

11 hours of programming... Only to add two more zoom levels. Well, that's what happens when you decide between minimap and zoom too late.
  20. Poryg

Well, Javascript and C++ hold a lot of similarities, so it's easier. :D

Well, Javascript and C++ hold a lot of similarities, so it's easier. :D

Latest Threads

Latest Profile Posts

Karen: Hi, I have a condition that prevents me from wearing a mask. :)

Employee: Can you tell me what it is?

Karen: >:(
Feeling a little overwhelmed... There are so many things to do.
- Building a simple website for portfolio
- Setup *******
- Manage social media
There are so many things inside of these tasks :(
Meet the cute little ghost, FhooFhoo. :kaopride:
If anyone here is looking for another high-potential RPGMaker game--besides She Dreams Elsewhere--be sure to follow Lawmage Academy. Good social media presence will take that game far.
Lol, I was about to write a small tutorial and realized it would belong to the MZ section ....that does not exist yet.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Bektos