Search results

1. Housekeeping

Jimmy and the Pulsating Mass (Demo available!)

Let's Get to Know You, Rotting Jack O'Lantern!   Pumpkins: spooky. Whimsical. Gourds. Leave them out in the sun too long? That’s when they turn on you–and this one’s rotten to the core. The Rotting Jack O’Lantern was inhabited by a trickster spirit. It likes to play pranks and then...
  2. Housekeeping

Post Your Music

It's late and I'm about to zonk out, but I wanted to post a new song here.  I'll try to give a little feedback first! @Strato: The melody on My Sword Shall Break the Rules meanders a bit occasionally, but it's a  kinetic piece; I like how you trade off the lead melody to different instruments...
  3. Housekeeping

Clubhouse Feng Shui   In Jimmy’s world, you might find yourself coming across strange items with an icon that looks like this:   Congratulations! You just found something that can be placed in your clubhouse! The clubhouse is a secret hideout that Jimmy’s filled with awesome stuff...
  4. Housekeeping

Thanks for the feedback, Junebug!  I'm glad you enjoyed it! There are health fountains at Jimmy's house and Smile as well; they're out in the open, so maybe I just need to make their function a bit clearer; someone mentioned that might be a problem, so this confirms it.  I've been thinking...
  5. Housekeeping

What's in the Toy Box?   Throughout his adventure, Jimmy will come across toy boxes containing all sorts of fun things. If he were in an rpg, these would be the equivalent of treasure chests. But, sometimes you’ll run into special toy boxes that have extra surprises in addition to the...
  6. Housekeeping

Post Your Music

That sounds pretty good; there's an organic quality to the lead despite the main melody sounding pretty consistent, which was a must with something so necessarily repetitive.  I think the context of the track is kind of important; if this is a track for film, I'd say that it works well for the...
  7. Housekeeping

Post Your Music

@Cyreides: That track is like Final Fantasy meets the Neverending Story through an electropop filter.  Really interesting combination, especially for a victory theme. @YagamiKyo: The harmonica (I think that's a midi harmonica at any rate) melody feels like it wanders a bit, which could be...
  8. Housekeeping

Oh, crap.  Same issue with that script; I updated the client and it should be fixed now.  Thanks so much for letting me know, and thanks for your patience.
  9. Housekeeping

Oh, wow, thanks for the heads-up on that; I uploaded a new version a few days ago and had added an anti-lag script and this was an unintended consequence.  I went ahead and updated the version again; that bug should be fixed along with a few smaller ones that have been reported.
  10. Housekeeping

Information Guy here. How long was I out? Well, I could go on and on about my poor life decisions, but I need to tell you that special announcement. Get ready, because next week, the Jimmy and the Pulsating Mass demo is going to--   Oh, hello. Was this important to you? Well, I was having...
  11. Housekeeping

Hello, everyone. Information Guy here. I know I’m normally pretty talkative, but today I’ve got a special, exciting announcement, so I better get right to business. No dilly-dallying THIS time around, no sir, not with an announcement this important.   Ooh! Excuse me. I don’t mean to be...
  12. Housekeeping

Thanks!  I'll have a demo out later this summer, so make sure to watch out for that!
  13. Housekeeping

Information Guy: Status Effects 4 (Player Buffs)   Hi. Information Guy here. You’re looking at me as if to say, “I thought I was done with you.” Well, I’ve got a problem with that, buster. And that problem is a little thing called “friendship.” Monsters are pretty much bad news. I...
  14. Housekeeping

Post Your Music

@taistelusopuli: Thanks!  The track plays in a spooky swamp area, so the "stink" refers to the literal smell.  It's also a reference to it being a bit funky rhythmically.  I saw Buddy Guy several years ago and remember him saying, "I want this one so funky I can smell it."  I was trying to echo...
  15. Housekeeping

Post Your Music

@YagamiKyo: Thanks!  It's a song that needs to sound really stable, so that's why I went a bit more repetitive; I tend to prefer having things with lots of changes, too.  I'm kind of starting to get into Haken; they're pretty rad.  You might want to crank up the guitar in your metal version...
  16. Housekeeping

Let's Get to Know You, Grumble Bear!   “Hey, Grumble Bear, will you sing us a song?” … “Hey, Grumble Bear, how about a dance?” … “Hey, Grumble Bear, why are you mauling me?” The Grumble Bear doesn’t want much out of life. It wants to be left alone, mainly, so it can sleep...
  17. Housekeeping

Post Your Music

Cool--that was everything I was going for!
  18. Housekeeping

Post Your Music

My last track was pretty dark, so let's lighten things up a bit: @eluukkanen I love how plucky that track is!  It reminds me a bit of a Secret of Mana track once things kick in.  I love all the different timbres going on--I could learn from that! @Jaren I'm not sure about the song...
  19. Housekeeping

I just made this post over on RMN, but I figured I should share it here, too!  Here's a bunch of .gifs to give you an idea of the game in motion:   Disclaimer: some of these are fairly old and aren't 100% indicative of the current build. You'll notice that...
  20. Housekeeping

Let's Get to Know You, Red-Billed Squawker Where did it come from? Where is it going? Why is it so loud? These are some of the questions you’ll ask yourself when stumbling across the elusive Red-Billed Squawker. They were thought to have been hunted to extinction long ago–not because of...

Latest Threads

Latest Profile Posts

Turns out 4 layers is A LOT.
I noticed random Japanese dialogue in the FF7 remake while playing in English. More than once. Just now I saved a vid where Tifa spoke Japanese after a battle. We all make mistakes lol, this is kinda funny though
I wonder if the new RPG Maker will have a built-in ABS for maps or a light effect system plugin out of the box.
Not having false expectations, but if it has both, then wow. I am gonna party all night. Nah I lie. I will party all night anyway, just searching for a good excuse. :stickytongue:
And BAM!, the moment you do understand Python setters by studying JS prototypes. That's called SERENDIPITY, coming with something when you was searching for something else. From "The three Princes of Serendib", a persian novel.
The sinking feeling when you realize your grandmother probably isn't long for this world, and the frustration when you know that this pandemic will take her away...not because she has Covid, but because no doctor is willing to see a patient to even run simple diagnostics anymore if one of her symptoms happens to be a recurring fever, even if her primary care physician gives her the test and it comes back negative.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
joeyxd