Search results

1. Sharm

It's a lot more than 2. *shrugs* At this point I've just accepted that RM will keep being RM...

It's a lot more than 2. *shrugs* At this point I've just accepted that RM will keep being RM, for better or worse.
  2. Sharm

RPG Maker MZ, Preview #3: Character Generator, Plugin Manager, Event: Plugin Command!

@Archeia your 48x48 tiles are amazing, I've been in awe for a long time. To me 48x48 is just sooo much work. You can get some really lovely stuff in there, but it takes a lot longer to do it. I don't have the stamina for it!
  3. Sharm

Make sure it stays below 103 and you should be fine. 103 is where your brain starts to boil...

Make sure it stays below 103 and you should be fine. 103 is where your brain starts to boil, which is why high fevers are a problem.
  4. Sharm

RPG Maker MZ, Preview #3: Character Generator, Plugin Manager, Event: Plugin Command!

I donno if it would actually be a waste. 64x64 would lead to more painter like tiles and allow for non-pixel sprites, I think. 48x48 is just too inbetween in scale in my opinion. I've tried to make painted tiles for 48x48 multiple times, and it's just a mess due to not having enough pixels...
  5. Sharm

That was one of the cool things about FMA. Although his missing limbs were replaced with...

That was one of the cool things about FMA. Although his missing limbs were replaced with artificial ones, it was still nowhere near as good as the real thing, little problems came up all the time. Like a real prosthetic.
  6. Sharm

Yay! Most people don't know this for some reason, but unless a fever is too high, they're...

Yay! Most people don't know this for some reason, but unless a fever is too high, they're actually a good thing. They're one of the ways your body kills off an infection. I've been really worried, I'm glad you're on the mend.
  7. Sharm

Ah, that makes sense. Being sheets instead of individual tiles would make a difference. I guess it could be the file size after all. I still think it's a dumb tile size for an artist, and might be contributing to the existence of the awkward half pixel style they've been using.
  8. Sharm

@Anyone According to my brother, due to the way memory is allocated in computers 48x48 tiles take up exactly the same amount of memory as 64x64, so I don't think that's the reason. Granted, I don't know if it was active memory or storage memory he was talking about at the time. I think it was...
  9. Sharm

Watch a lot of CLAMP and you'll start to think all men should have much wider shoulders as well...

Watch a lot of CLAMP and you'll start to think all men should have much wider shoulders as well as those super long legs. Either that or more children who are really adults.
  10. Sharm

That's an interesting solution. I don't have the ability to work on multiple things at once, at...

That's an interesting solution. I don't have the ability to work on multiple things at once, at least not in that way. I do something I've heard called plate spinning, where I put all my attention on one thing at a time, but I switch projects very frequently. So your solution wouldn't work...
  11. Sharm

Ah, I hate that. I don't get the buzz from finishing things that other people do, so instead I...

Ah, I hate that. I don't get the buzz from finishing things that other people do, so instead I go into a funk every time I finish something. Then it's really hard to start up on something new, there's no inertia. I wish I had some good advice to help, but I don't know either.
  12. Sharm

@K2loid I think I get what you're saying now. I think a lot of remakes have a similar weirdness due to a lack of art direction, actually. They'd use the original as the art direction instead of a real leader since the thought is that it's the same but higher resolution, and maybe due to not...
  13. Sharm

Images for events

Not sure about how to use a keyword to search for them. They're usually mixed in with the static tiles. Personally, they're so common I'd just go to the MZ resource section and look at the threads with the most replies or most popular artists.
  14. Sharm

Game & Map Screenshots 11

Isn't the retaining wall too tall by about *counts* 4 tiles? According to those pipes it should be about the same height as the ship, shouldn't it?
  15. Sharm

Huh? Hi bit? But none of this is high bit, it's not pixel art at all. The style differences aren't dependant on pixel art vs raster either so it's not a case of being used to one style and failing to switch to a new one. I really think it's a problem with the style guide and thus the art...
  16. Sharm

I'm not sure what I think about the RTP personally, but it hasn't been a style I'm interested in for a very long time, so I'm not worried about it either. I understand the concern others have though, Galenmereth is right, it's a huge reason why people buy RPG Maker. The art problems are...
  17. Sharm

I'm irresponsible, it won't go well.

I'm irresponsible, it won't go well.
  18. Sharm

It has to do with the way the human brain works. When you don't know something, your mind fills...

It has to do with the way the human brain works. When you don't know something, your mind fills in the gaps with the worst possible outcome. This is so you can prepare for it, but the fear of the worst gets in the way too. The way to combat that is by making the unknown into something known...
  19. Sharm

Ah, congrats on finding a place! I hope so too.

Ah, congrats on finding a place! I hope so too.
  20. Sharm

@Anyone it's being censored because a lot of people were advertising their accounts here, especially those who were competing with the store here or scammers, both of which wanted to bypass the rules.

Latest Threads

Latest Posts

Latest Profile Posts

Turns out 4 layers is A LOT.
I noticed random Japanese dialogue in the FF7 remake while playing in English. More than once. Just now I saved a vid where Tifa spoke Japanese after a battle. We all make mistakes lol, this is kinda funny though
I wonder if the new RPG Maker will have a built-in ABS for maps or a light effect system plugin out of the box.
Not having false expectations, but if it has both, then wow. I am gonna party all night. Nah I lie. I will party all night anyway, just searching for a good excuse. :stickytongue:
And BAM!, the moment you do understand Python setters by studying JS prototypes. That's called SERENDIPITY, coming with something when you was searching for something else. From "The three Princes of Serendib", a persian novel.
The sinking feeling when you realize your grandmother probably isn't long for this world, and the frustration when you know that this pandemic will take her away...not because she has Covid, but because no doctor is willing to see a patient to even run simple diagnostics anymore if one of her symptoms happens to be a recurring fever, even if her primary care physician gives her the test and it comes back negative.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
florencesnow