Search results

1. Yami Engine Symphony CTB Script help?

I apologise for posting the raw script but the same was done in the post where I found the script which is why I chose to do it. Thank you for moving the thread to the correct forum.
  2. Yami Engine Symphony CTB Script help?

Hello, I'm currently trying to implement a system into my battles for VX Ace that makes actors perform their actions as soon as the player selects them, instead of choosing all of the actors moves and then they perform them at once. This script seems to mostly do that, but I am struggling to...
  3. VX Ace Conditional Branch For Skill Learned Help Request

@Andar @gsuk Thank you for your help. I don't know why it doesn't count the skill as being learned as that is what it says in the conditional branches option when the skill has been added to the actor directly, but when I put it in his class at level one the conditional branch worked as intended.
  4. VX Ace Conditional Branch For Skill Learned Help Request

I mentioned in an earlier post, but I put it on the actor himself, so that he wouldn't need a specific class to have the skill nor a specific level while I was testing if the skill's event would work.
  5. VX Ace Conditional Branch For Skill Learned Help Request

Yes that's what it tells me but in battle the skill is still usable.
  6. VX Ace Conditional Branch For Skill Learned Help Request

I've tried to make it simple, and it is just a short conditional branch, yet he still can't perform the skill because it pops up that he doesn't know it even though I can use it separately as it is in a skill type that he has and it appears there in battle allowing me to use it independently.
  7. VX Ace Conditional Branch For Skill Learned Help Request

I've put in text boxes that pop up and let me know what point in the conditional branch the actions occur and it always seems to fail at the point when it checks if he knows the skill. As it for some reason doesn't think he has the skill, but I have the skill added on his actor, so it wouldn't...
  8. VX Ace Conditional Branch For Skill Learned Help Request

I've edited my post so you have a picture of the skill that initiates it, and to answer this question, the skill doesn't require anything other than 10 MP so as long as he has 10 or more he's meant to be able to use it as far as I understand how the check is meant to work and I've always made...
  9. VX Ace Conditional Branch For Skill Learned Help Request

This is a screenshot of the conditional branch, it really doesn't seem like it shouldn't work, I know that it is checking the right character and I know that the character knows the move, but it just doesn't let you make the choice to attack as it's a skill which puts the opponent to sleep and...
  10. VX Ace Conditional Branch For Skill Learned Help Request

Hello, I'm currently making a conditional branch which is meant to check whether a specific character has learned a certain skill and if they have then the player can choose to perform it. However, even though the character has the skill, the conditional branch moves to the else option which is...
  11. Ruby/RGSSx questions that don't deserve their own thread

I have figured out the problem. There are no script clashes. However, to make it work I need to edit the core script and change it from this: to this: You were right about the damage rate working like it was meant to, that was something I had no clue about, but I noticed that you didn't put...
  12. Ruby/RGSSx questions that don't deserve their own thread

Thank you for replying and so quick too. I've tried implementing it, but it hasn't worked, when my character is hit they recover much more TP than they are meant to, would you be able to tell me where exactly this statement should be put and whether any of the base script is being changed? Since...
  13. Ruby/RGSSx questions that don't deserve their own thread

Hello, I'm trying to figure out a way to change the amount of TP actors receive when suffering damage in VX Ace. I know that in the base script in game_battler starting on line 738 there is a part of the script that deals with charging TP by the damage suffered. The code for that I've put below...
  14. How to perform battle actions with button input in VX Ace?

I've tried inputting the script that you attached, however the photograph cuts off the end of line 9 and I can't figure out what I need to put in. That causes the game to crash for me during battle as soon as I press z on the fight option at the start of battle. If you could just tell me what's...
  15. How to perform battle actions with button input in VX Ace?

Thank you for your replies. Knowing that it's possible makes me very happy. I'm also able to make my PS4 controller work with VX Ace in terms of using the left analog for movement, the right side symbol keys for input, and the 2 L and 2 R keys, however I'm unable to make the arrow keys usable...
  16. How to perform battle actions with button input in VX Ace?

I'm wondering if there is a way to have my characters perform their actions, such as attack or guard by pressing a specific button on the keyboard, instead of having to go through the menu and just press z. For example, for someone to use attack in battle they press "Z" but to guard they press...
  17. Ruby/RGSSx questions that don't deserve their own thread

@TheoAllen Thank you for all the help. I'm trying to make it work, using your suggestion, though currently I can't seem to implement it correctly.
  18. Ruby/RGSSx questions that don't deserve their own thread

@TheoAllen Thank you, I've changed it now, it should be displaying the script correctly.
  19. Ruby/RGSSx questions that don't deserve their own thread

@TheoAllen Thank you for informing me, I remembered reading a forum that said to put scripts in spoilers to avoid clogging the thread, I didn't know it would cause problems. May I know how to implement the code tag to make it appear properly? Then I can edit the original post for you and...
  20. Ruby/RGSSx questions that don't deserve their own thread

@TheoAllen If that's the case then more context can be found in this forum. https://forums.rpgmakerweb.com/index.php?threads/moghunters-battler-poses-script-help-needed.105001/

Latest Threads

Latest Profile Posts

Government : "Hehehe~ I will spread lies that the earth is round so that I could sell globes~"
Anyone here managed to never burn out on programming? My current limit is 3 months(6-8 hours per day, 7 days per week, 50 hour programming week on average), and then I just have to take a break, sometimes lasting few days(with at most 2 hours on programming per day). I've been always like this so far, so I admire those who can always be so passionate on programming :)
This is starting to become a momochi collection y'all!
Meet Swefo The candy Eater!

Hide your candy... I or I sweefe sweefefooo~~~
Automatic level scaling without an option to turn it off can be a very bad choice for a game. The worst I've ever seen was in Nightmare of Druaga, where if a power outage made your system turn off, the game detects it as an attempted cheat and overwrites your save while taking away your best gear, leaving you unable to progress at the late stages of the game, and unable to recover.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Rebells45