Search results

1. Dad3353

Call them by the right title.

This ^^ has been added to my ever-expanding 'Snippets' file. Thanks, Shaz.
  2. Dad3353

This is the 'code' I inserted into the Plug-in to declare its Resources... Change, obviously, for the paths and names of your Resources. I placed these lines just before the '@help' section of the Plug-in; I've left that mention just as a reminder. I didn't use the file suffixes. As for...
  3. Dad3353

My method works for me, in two parts... 1 - I start my Projects completely empty (that's to say, I don't use 'New' to create a Project, but copy into a now folder a pre-prepared Empty Project which contains no resources at all...). By doing this, I can be sure that any resources needed have...
  4. Dad3353

Pixi Errors and Graphics freeze

This Project works straight out of the box on my modest PC; no white screen, nor 'hanging'. Upon invoking the Console, Network tab, there are 3 'map' files not found (and for cause; they don't exist...), but I have this same 'warning' on every one of my Projects, which all work correctly. I'd...
  5. Dad3353

how to update rpg maker mv

The latest version (1.3.4 at the time of redaction...) is complete, and has no need of previous versions. The Update, however, is best applied only  to the preceding version (ie: 1.3.3...) If in doubt, download the complete version. Does this answer your question..?
  6. Dad3353

Event Variables Help

I would suggest, at start of Game, to set  the Experience needed for next Level in a Variable (Next_Leve...), so 1*100 (100...). At each Level change, replace this value with the new value. So, upon reaching Level 2 (assuming this can be detected...), Next_Level becomes 300 (calculated from...
  7. Dad3353

Event Variables Help

It's not clear exactly what help you need, I'd say. Could you please clarify, or give a more precise example of what you're having trouble with..? It may be easily explained (or not..!), but it's too vague a the moment. What are you trying to do, and what have you already got..?
  8. Dad3353

Stuck on loading on PC after deploying with unused files. Tried everything.

When I start a new Project, I copy a complete Empty Project that I'd previously made by removing absolutely all unnecessary files, from the outset, rather than invoking 'New' from the Editor. This ensures that, as I advance my Project, the only files in there (png, BGM, SE, whatever...) have...
  9. Dad3353

Script works, but not in a Conditional. Explanation, please..?

Thanks for that; I'll try it out and see where it leads me. Plug-ins, you see, are still 'Dark Matter' to me, so I'm more than wary of even using them, let alone creating or modifying them..! That being said, I've already dipped my virtual toe into those murky waters, having added a series of...
  10. Dad3353

RPG Maker MV v1.3.4 Update

@Little Paw... Good to learn, but I'm afraid that that won't make me any younger..! I'm rather too set in my ways (yes, it's sad, I know...) and just don't see any great advantage (to me...) in embracing these new-fangled systems. It's not just steam; there are many webby things that I...
  11. Dad3353

Handling Show Choices in Javascript

Well, thanks to Hudell, and quite some trial and (mostly...) error, I finally got this to work... Much attention to detail, such as these blasted Brackets and Braces, and it's not guaranteed to be without drawback somewhere, but at least it works..! Yippee..!
  12. Dad3353

@Hudell... Yay..! I finally got this to work, with the Hero Face and all..! Many thanks; I've learned a lot (most especially the pernickerty nature of js concerning Brackets, Braces and more..!). Somewhat academic, maybe, as the standard Commands are easier to handle, but will surely be...
  13. Dad3353

I must say that I agree with all of the above ^^ .
  14. Dad3353

I must say that I agree with most of the above ^^. I'm 'old-school', and very much not clued up on this here 'steam' stuff; I prefer to have things on my own PC, and I'm not always connected to t'web, either. I've nothing against the concept for others, but there's is no way that I would ever...
  15. Dad3353

@Hudell... Thanks for that, it's good to know. It provokes, of course, the next question... How, then to have a Message Box displayed. Would a 'Wait' allow time to pass to re-create a Game Message, or is there some other necromancy needed..? Is it just the fact that I'm using Game Message...
  16. Dad3353

Good evening... I have the following Script triggered in an Event, which works... When  trigger this, I get a Message Box with the Text in it. Good. I would like to have the same result as part of a Script triggered in an Event, but subject to a Condition. Here's what I have... The...
  17. Dad3353

Here is a Show Choice with 8 Choices..! I'm trying to get code to work instead of the Common Event call. I don't do it that way, usually, but I'll keep trying. It's not easy with this tiny Script Editor Window (it's not made for that...), which is why I use Common Events..! I'll keep...
  18. Dad3353

No, there's no necessity; one may put any (legitimate...) js code in place of my Common Event call. I was simply testing it out; pasting the Message code in there would have worked, but for the inherent limitation of the Script Editor, which won't allow more than 20 lines (it's not a scrolling...
  19. Dad3353

I wanted to try this out, too, and it worked. In an Event, I created a Script command, into which I pasted the first part (the 'Show Choice' part. I tested this, and when I triggered the Event in Pest Play, the Choice was displayed. I then created two Common Events, one for each Choice made...

Latest Threads

Latest Profile Posts

Humble Bundle just put out another game assets bundle. I'm sorely tempted to get the full deal despite having much of it already in library, but most of the stuff I'm interested in wouldn't be used until the 4th game I have planned and I'm still preparing the 1st one. >.<
I wish more people did actual LPs of RM games. Actual LPs, not just first impressions or critiques.
I love my NPCs as if they were my children.
Bought gas for the first time in three months. Had to stop and think where my gas cap was on my car, it had been that long.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hoverspool