Search results

1. ozubon

@standardplayer Are you saying there's infallibly self aware people? Isn't saying you're truly...

@standardplayer Are you saying there's infallibly self aware people? Isn't saying you're truly honest with yourself in itself naïve? :b
  2. ozubon

Problems with Event Spawn / Event to Event Touch

The event to event touch system for my game is currently unusable in any other context, but I've been thinking a simple working event to event touch plugin should exist. I could adapt my system to work without dependencies but I'm busy so it'll take a day or two probably!
  3. ozubon

Could higher Kb/s in audio files affect performance?

The tiny vinyl-like noises you're describing sounds to me like one of two things: 1. The audio clips, meaning it was either mixed badly or over-gained in the compression process so its peaks are cut off and cause distortion. This can't be fixed retroactively unless it's something with the...
  4. ozubon

engineception fam!!! look at my strange js folder [IMG]

engineception fam!!! look at my strange js folder
  5. ozubon

Use at least one capital number

Use at least one capital number
  6. ozubon

[Solved]Show Picture From Random Variable No Repeat

Kuro's solution is very good because it automates the proccess efficiently. You then don't have to tweak the image id and x and y and all that jazz over and over! It's true that you don't need to use saveable variables for the pool unless the player can save between the pool is filled and empty...
  7. ozubon

@pasunna % aka modulo is like a clock! If the clock is 9, what is it in 6 hours, 3 right? (9 + 6) % 12 = 3 A number before % will never exceed the number after it. It will add the remainder until there is no remainder. So 11 % 10 is 1 because at 10 it loops back and 1 is left. 12 % 10 is 2 of...
  8. ozubon

Due to the nature of showPicture, you can't show multiple pictures with the same picture id. If you want to show many pictures you have to give a new id to each one. It's the first number in the function, the one that's 5 right before 'prize' in $gameScreen.showPicture(5, 'prize_' +...
  9. ozubon

I see, that script call will set variable 8 to a random item from the pool. When it picks the random item, it also dissapears from the pool. For example, let's say your pool is [1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7] When you call $gameVariables.setValue(8, $gameVariables.gachapon.splice(Math.floor(Math.random()...
  10. ozubon

Wasn't this very helpful? Should I be more detailed in my explanation maybe?
  11. ozubon

Edited above answer in case you didn't see...!
  12. ozubon

With the foor loop, are you trying to add items 1 through 100 to the pool? Then you're almost right! $gameVariables.gachapon = [] for (i = 0; i < 100; i++) { $gameVariables.gachapon[i] = i + 1 } + 1 because item ids start at 1, so you don't draw 0 which would give you undefined :')
  13. ozubon

If you use a script call to initialize an array: $gameVariables.gachapon = [] You can either A add all the items into the pool directly: $gameVariables.gachapon = [1, 2, 19, 20, 28, 50] or B add single item when you want to: $gameVariables.gachapon.push(51) Now you set a game variable to a...
  14. ozubon

Questions About Arrays and Script Calls

@imkranely There's this innate function that checks if an actor has a skill, that you can put into a conditional branch script box: $gameActors.actor(actor id).isLearnedSkill(skill id) $gameActors.actor(1).isLearnedSkill(8) // Returns true if actor 1 has skill 8! Furthermore, the innate array...
  15. ozubon

Questions About Arrays and Script Calls

@NeptuneTron Not to rain on your parade but Ruby is only in past editions of RPG Maker and MV is using Javascript exclusively. @imkranely I think I can code up the skills to array with numbers for you in a couple of hours when I have some free time!
  16. ozubon

Concatenation of 2 actor names

Yes! $gameActors.actor(3)._name = $gameActors.actor(1).name() + $gameActors.actor(2).name() But that will be case sensitive, so like, if actor 1 is named Steve and 2 Buscemi actor 3 will be named SteveBuscemi If you want actor 3 to be named Stevebuscemi use this: $gameActors.actor(3)._name =...
  17. ozubon

Remove "x% of MP" - How to event this ?

@Wavelength You're totally right, I'll modify the script call answer to account for rounding! But! Using control variable's script box it does round, so using the Mul operation and putting (1-.1) or (1-.10) in the script operand I think still is the easiest and most straightforward solution...
  18. ozubon

Sure whatever floats your boat but that is a convoluted solution to a well tried problem. One could use control variables, use multiply and simply put (1-.13) into the script box (in control variables) and it's immediate, no additional calculations needed.
  19. ozubon

RMMV [MMO] Wytches and Wyverns

RUN OH GO
  20. ozubon

Using a script call you can do: $gameActors.actor(1)._mp = Math.round($gameActors.actor(1).mmp * (1 - 0.1)) Replace the 1 in $gameActors.actor(1) with another number if you want it to affect another actor. the 0.1 part means 10%, if you didn't know. 1.0 is 100% so 0.2 is 20% and 0.03 is 3% and...

Latest Threads

Latest Profile Posts

Who knew a adding menu commands would be so hard for something that should be a basic feature.
When you discover great tileset resources that you completely forgot that you had. :kaomad3::kaopride:
Just got a better look at the MZ RTP. I'm very happy with it, especially the sci-fi tiles and sprites. Glad I pre-ordered.
I've just checked the VisuStella Plugins for MZ and there are already 11 plugins. The Yanfly team(perhaps a big one?) really works so effectively and efficiently that some MZ users can likely use tons of Yanfly plugins right after MZ's released (still 13 days from now). I wonder if any other plugin developer(or team) will try to compete with Yanfly this time, no matter how slim the chance to win is :)
Hello! :kaopride:I am new to RPG Maker, though I have been lurking the forums for a while. :kaoswt: Hope to make some friends and learn some stuff here! :kaothx:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gerreh