Search results

1. jkweath

I'm starting to think a *lot* of MZ's battlebacks weren't designed with SV battles in mind...

I'm starting to think a *lot* of MZ's battlebacks weren't designed with SV battles in mind...
  2. jkweath

The official VisuStella notetag help thread

Oh, absolutely. I wouldn't expect Visu to list out every possible example for every Notetag. Just a single example or two to see exactly how the 'code' in any given notetag should be structured would be enough. This is what I'm talking about, though. Here is part of the documentation for...
  3. jkweath

The official VisuStella notetag help thread

On the topic of the Skills and States Core's Slip Damage/Healing, is there a way to assign an element to it? On an unrelated topic, I *really* wish the documentation came with actual examples for how to use notetags like this: I understand most of what's lined out here, but just telling me...
  4. jkweath

Missing some stuff from Dark Fantasy Resource Pack

@Touchfuzzy I also have a question about missing resources in the Dark Fantasy MZ pack. Specifically, I was wondering if the busts included with the pack also have full-body versions that weren't included with the DLC. Maybe there aren't supposed to be any, but I find it odd that the Dark...
  5. jkweath

RMMZ TP system edits for MZ

@Wavelength Looks like I won't need a plugin after all, then. :kaoswt2: I rarely mess with Special Flags so I had no idea this existed.
  6. jkweath

RMMZ TP system edits for MZ

Hello! It looks like MZ's default TP system is mostly identical to MV's. Since it doesn't look like a VisuStella plugin for enhanced TP will be released anytime soon, I was wondering if anyone would be up for making a (hopefully simple) edit to MZ's TP system: TP is no longer randomized at...
  7. jkweath

Screen Effect Filter MZ (FilterControllerMZ)

Nice to see this ported over to MZ! I have a bug (I think) to report - when using VisuStella's Options Core, if you have "Show in Option Menu" set on, this error pops up when trying to load the options: "Cannot read property '0' of undefined" I don't know if this is something you'd want to...
  8. jkweath

I had no idea just how much I'd appreciate manual layer selection until I started using MZ. I...

I had no idea just how much I'd appreciate manual layer selection until I started using MZ. I don't use it by default, but it makes fixing errors on a map *so much easier*.
  9. jkweath

Galv's Layer Graphics MZ

That's so funny! I just tried using your MV layers plugin yesterday and realized it still worked in MZ (without plugin commands, though), and I was wondering if you'd come back to port your plugins. Great to see you back.
  10. jkweath

I have owned every version of RPG Maker to this point

Worth noting that the export option for Android/iOS never really did much to begin with - it literally just copies over your "www" folder. That's it. If you export to Windows and exclude unused files, you can just copy the 'www' folder from your export to somewhere else, and bam, there's your...
  11. jkweath

What to do before you make your RPG

Gonna stress this piece of advice here. Scope Creep often spells the end for new indie devs.
  12. jkweath

It doesn't actually release until the 26th.

It doesn't actually release until the 26th.
  13. jkweath

VisuStella Sample Project & MZ Core Plugins

I'm loving the plugins so far. Great work! One question: I scoured the help files and couldn't find any note tags for weapons to change their SV weapon graphic on a per weapon basis. Did I miss it, or will that be added to a later plugin?
  14. jkweath

Yep, same sprites and setup. You can even copy your data files directly from MV to MZ without...

Yep, same sprites and setup. You can even copy your data files directly from MV to MZ without any issues.
  15. jkweath

Can't add more [SV] Attack Motions

EDIT: Nevermind, I'm a dummy. I forgot that you have to add the weapon types under the "Types" tab first before you can change them under System 2. This topic can be safely deleted. So while messing around with SV Attack Motions, I noticed that I can't highlight a new line to add more custom...
  16. jkweath

RMMZ Request for RPG maker MZ Nature_5 Side view battler

Awesome! I was literally just about to post a resource request for the same character :LZYcat:
  17. jkweath

RMMZ Adding a fifth active party member? (MZ)

Thanks again @ct_bolt ! Edit: Link works now. Great work!
  18. jkweath

RMMZ Adding a fifth active party member? (MZ)

Hello, Just as the title suggests, I'm wondering if there's any plugin in the works for MZ to implement a 5th active party member (instead of the max of 4) for MZ. Or is this not too difficult to implement on my own? I've seen plenty of MV screenshots with of people with 5 or more party...
  19. jkweath

RMMZ SV_Actor3_1 through SV_Actor3_4 missing?

Sorry if this is the wrong forum to post this in. As I was setting up all the resources for my MZ project (lotta DLC to go through!), I noticed that four side-view actor files seem to be missing: SV_Actor3_1 SV_Actor3_2 SV_Actor3_3 SV_Actor3_4 Are these actors not meant to have side-view...
  20. jkweath

Aww man. After looking through all the busts that came with MZ's DLC, I realized I can't use...

Aww man. After looking through all the busts that came with MZ's DLC, I realized I can't use most of them because the art style (specifically the Trinity and Cover Art packs) don't match the style of MZ's RTP busts. Oh well...

Latest Threads

Latest Posts

Latest Profile Posts

I think the characters are really too short. Should at least add a little more
Just the legs should be longer.
Ami
--- Survival For RPGist ---

Survivalist: I going to Test you: How to make the Fire.
F.Mage: That easy. (Preparing the Spell) EXPLOSIVE!!!
(an Explosion on the Wood Branch then Fire is Appeared)
F.Mage: (Proud Face) See?
Survivalist: (Angry Tone) MAGIC ISN'T ALLOWED!!!
Recent threads, and my very poor algorithm for my minimap plugin have made me face the fact that I need to review algorithms and such.

Going through Cracking the Coding Interview now. I am so excited.
Kes
I've seen a reference to a Community Lighting plugin for MZ, but cannot find it. Is it still in beta?

Todo:
Add fog of war
Add enemy indicators
Make window draggable
Optimise map drawing algorithm (5 seconds to load the map you see, so it's a... poo-poo algorithm)

Any suggestions? :kaoblush:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Lucas7709