Search results

1. Storyteller-Hero

Developer Transparency in Marketing

I thought it might be interesting to discuss the effect of transparency when marketing a game. How much do you feel that it matters for a developer to give regular public updates on game development progress? How do you feel sales are affected by whether a developer uses their real name or not...
  2. Storyteller-Hero

Entering Your Airship While Flying Over Any Terrain (WITH ONLY EVENTING)

I'm still a greenhorn when it comes to eventing as of this post but this method worked for me, and other people might have had similar issues as I did during trial and error. So building on Driftwood Gaming's Airship Entry tutorial video, I did some testing to overcome beyond entering the...
  3. Storyteller-Hero

What RPG Maker SAKAN Desperately Needs

So currently as of this post, RPG Maker SAKAN is neither intuitive nor convenient. Instead of building a custom tile set by copy-pasting multiple parts from imported tile sets onto a blank canvas, the builder forces the user to replace one tile at a time on an existing tile set, and...
  4. Storyteller-Hero

Mac OS X Catalina Update Compatibility With MV

Is there going to be a compatibility problem between RPG Maker MV and Mac OS Catalina, or between MV games and Mac OS Catalina? I'm seeing a number of non-RM games on Steam starting to include a disclaimer of not being compatible with Catalina, and I'm wondering if Catalina is going to make all...
  5. Storyteller-Hero

Random Party Member Selection

Is there a way to select a party member by their party member # (not their ACTOR ID) in the current party? I want to make a variable that equals [party member #], not actor ID but their current position in the party. Not to check based on Actor ID of party member #x but to choose a random party...
  6. Storyteller-Hero

My Plugin List is Bigger Than My Thanksgiving Dinner After-Belly

I've just topped off the first draft for my test project's plugin list in RPG Maker MV, where it's nothing but test events to see if anything breaks - I wanted to start off with a relatively stable foundation before building my first game, which is going to be a big one because it's also for my...
  7. Storyteller-Hero

Adventurers Journey 2 and 3 for MV have identical music files

The music packs for Adventurers Journey 2 and 3 for MV have the same music files. Nothing new in 3 so if you bought 2 you already have what's in 3 atm. The Steam page for Adventurers Journey 2 remains without a song list displayed - the list on the page for 3 and the files are the same for both...
  8. Storyteller-Hero

Stock Art Characters in Commercial Games

Are there commercial RPG Maker games that use the art and sprites from the purchased character DLC packs? I can't seem to find any game on Steam search that uses purchased stock art such as the busts from Fantasy Heroine Character Pack. If there are games that do use the art and sprites, has...
  9. Storyteller-Hero

The Emporium of Copper and Steel missing files

EDIT: The missing ME content issue was fixed after I contacted Degica on their website about it and they instructed me to verify files on the local files window (tab found after right-clicking/control-clicking RPG Maker MV on my library list and then looking at the DLC on it from the options...
  10. Storyteller-Hero

Organizing Images Used In RPG Maker With iBooks Author

So I thought I'd share how I'm organizing the images in my RPG Maker files into a convenient personal Flip book that I can scroll through quickly with my Magic Mouse. I didn't like how I had to click each individual image in the Maker, and I wanted more of an Overview of all the images, so I...

Latest Threads

Latest Posts

Latest Profile Posts

Rome Trastevere deserve a tileset. Mumble mumble...
Before the full time job, I can make 1 MZ plugin per day, even though it's still hard; With the full time job, making 1 such plugin per week becomes just as hard lol
I have a new RPG Maker music pack announcement coming soon. I am really having good time composing this one!
taarna23 wrote on ImaginaryVillain's profile.
You know... When you wanted better visibility over there in Silent Hill, you weren't supposed to send it here.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Diavolox