Search results

1. Storyteller-Hero

With roaches, the scary part is that if you miss just two - that can become 15-18 more roaches...

With roaches, the scary part is that if you miss just two - that can become 15-18 more roaches within a few weeks.
  2. Storyteller-Hero

I've been battling roaches every single day for over three weeks. I'm tempted to make a...

I've been battling roaches every single day for over three weeks. I'm tempted to make a roach-themed dungeon but that might hit a little too close to home. Blegh.
  3. Storyteller-Hero

Fixes: Ancient Dungeons: Base Pack and Winter for MV

Oh so that's what that was. Thank you!
  4. Storyteller-Hero

I played around with making an indicator for special spots to interact with for loot and...

I played around with making an indicator for special spots to interact with for loot and whatnot. The Chrono Trigger style of something tiny but shiny on screen might be one of the less annoying ways to do it, for both player and developer.
  5. Storyteller-Hero

.........Mojo. :rheh:

.........Mojo. :rheh:
  6. Storyteller-Hero

The Traveling Merchant Cart that appears on Fridays and Sundays can be useful for getting stuff...

The Traveling Merchant Cart that appears on Fridays and Sundays can be useful for getting stuff early or out of season. The wiki was super useful for figuring out where to find the fish.
  7. Storyteller-Hero

I have just restored the Pelican Town Community Center in Stardew Valley. Somehow I feel like...

I have just restored the Pelican Town Community Center in Stardew Valley. Somehow I feel like I've completed a rite of passage as a gamer.
  8. Storyteller-Hero

Stardew Valley Hotkey/Shortcut/Inven

Atelier Irina made a tool ring system plugin for MV. It might be the closest thing atm. https://atelieririna.itch.io/tool-ring-system
  9. Storyteller-Hero

Are Chibi Style MV Sprites Looked Down On?

I think that the disproportionate chibi style is at least sensible for a light-hearted, comedic game. It really depends on the tone of gameplay/storytelling that you're trying to set imo.
  10. Storyteller-Hero

Eiyuuden Chronicle's Kickstarter success is a sign that retro-RPGs are still very much in demand...

Eiyuuden Chronicle's Kickstarter success is a sign that retro-RPGs are still very much in demand - it's just that people need to trust in the quality of the product before they'll consider buying it.
  11. Storyteller-Hero

I'm currently organizing together the preview images of tile sets so that I can mix and match...

I'm currently organizing together the preview images of tile sets so that I can mix and match more quickly in my head while deciding parts for my maps.
  12. Storyteller-Hero

Will it be possible to have common events activate when a sprite is dragged to a spot on the grid?

Will it be possible to have common events activate when a sprite is dragged to a spot on the grid?
  13. Storyteller-Hero

What if all items that give buffs in combat also restore HP or MP instead of having to make a...

What if all items that give buffs in combat also restore HP or MP instead of having to make a choice of buffing versus healing? Hmm... So many cool items get unused in RPGs because they remain suboptimal choices in the action economy of battles. It feels like a waste.
  14. Storyteller-Hero

Tips on Making a Good RPG

RPGs have different subgenres so think about what you want to actually make within the genre. Consider who your desired audience is and choose a theme based on that. If you find yourself lacking in an aspect of making RPGs then either find a collaborator or learn new things to improve...
  15. Storyteller-Hero

If I couldn't turn on "Snap to Grid" on my editing program, I think that making a custom...

If I couldn't turn on "Snap to Grid" on my editing program, I think that making a custom parallax map would be much more exasperating lol.
  16. Storyteller-Hero

I successfully tested out binding a test parallax for parallax mapping (some simple colors on a...

I successfully tested out binding a test parallax for parallax mapping (some simple colors on a photoshopped png image plus copy-pasted tiles) for the first time. I feel like a weight has been lifted off my feet and can move forward with much more confidence.
  17. Storyteller-Hero

I'm more or less primarily focusing on one game at a time - I just know what I'm going to make...

I'm more or less primarily focusing on one game at a time - I just know what I'm going to make and deciding the order. Currently three games planned for a shared setting, one game in a modern setting, and a fifth to be set in space.
  18. Storyteller-Hero

I think I'll make my fourth game my second release after my first game, which my originally...

I think I'll make my fourth game my second release after my first game, which my originally planned second and third games share a setting with. This is because of how much fun it's going to be making the originally fourth game's maps.
  19. Storyteller-Hero

Whatever you eat, make sure you stay hydrated and get plenty of fiber, and replenish your gut...

Whatever you eat, make sure you stay hydrated and get plenty of fiber, and replenish your gut bacteria if you can because many different aspects of health, even whether or not one has chronic headaches, can be attributed at least in part to the stuff inside our intestinal tract.
  20. Storyteller-Hero

Hot Dogs. :rheh:

Hot Dogs. :rheh:

Latest Threads

Latest Profile Posts

finally, the B-tile is added to the forum and steam!
I hope my annual #DoItForHargon contest gets lots of entries this year (since a Playstation 5 is a pretty big prize lol) XD On further news - I'm back to game devving next week after hiatus cause of that tragedy of losing everything I own.
Rome Trastevere deserve a tileset. Mumble mumble...
Before the full time job, I can make 1 MZ plugin per day, even though it's still hard; With the full time job, making 1 such plugin per week becomes just as hard lol

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
adafon