Search results

1. BlackRoseMii

Formation-based battle help/request

I've been wanting to create a battle system that is more challenging to the player than the simple turn-based one. And after some thinking, I chose to make a battle system that works around formations (I have no idea how it's called though). In it, you choose what positions the actors have...
  2. BlackRoseMii

[Ace]Help with Advanced select item

(I'm not sure if this is the right place, since a problem like that could also happen without any extra script, but I'm using one that could possibly influence the problem.) So, I've been trying to make an NPC that has three options to interact with. "Shop", "Talk" and "Give present". The first...
  3. BlackRoseMii

RMVXA [RSE] Reap what you sow (+Beta version)

I've always been a fan of Harvest Moon-like games. I love Story of seasons and Rune Factory. But that got me thinking: We have a "normal" modern farming game and a fantasy farming game. So what about SciFi and Horror? Since SciFi isn't really my kind of genre, I wanted to try to make a "Horror...
  4. BlackRoseMii

"Failed to load tileset data"

So I'm having a HUGE problem here. Right before the end of the IGMC... My project file won't open. I've looked around and tried what people said. I've made a new project, copied the files one by one, replaced whatever data failed from a new project etc. But now this happend: I wanted to...
  5. BlackRoseMii

RMVXA Mirror Mirror (IGMC)

Welcome to Northstar Tales' first project "Mirror Mirror"! It's our entry for the IGMC 2018. Plot: Characters: Features: Screenshots(NEW!): It has been released! Here's the link to the download: https://blackrosemii.itch.io/mirror-mirror Thank you for taking interesting and look...
  6. BlackRoseMii

A question about game length

So, while writing for the IGMC, we've come across a question that might be interesting for a bunch of people: How exactly can you measure the hours it will take to complete the game? What I mean is, how much dialogue and how much gameplay would be one hour? For an average player of course, not...
  7. BlackRoseMii

[VXAce]Problems with several skills

I didn't want to make a new thread for every single skill I had a problem with, so I've gathered them now and ask for them at once. Don't worry, they're not many ^^° The scripts I'm using: https://forums.rpgmakerweb.com/index.php?threads/theolized-sideview-battle-system-now-with-editor.29231/...
  8. BlackRoseMii

[RPGMaker VX Ace]Problem with linking skills

I have a problem with the following: I want to link two skills (one that damages all enemies and one that heals all allies). I've found two scripts that (technically) do that, Himes linked skills and Yanflys follow up skills. I'm also using Theolized sideview battle system, which should also...
  9. BlackRoseMii

BlackRoseMii's visual novel-styled "character generator"

As I've stated in another thread, I was planning on starting a "generator" project. Since my lack of programing skills, it's a simple and easy-to-use psd file instead, where you choose clothing and hair parts by turning on layers of your choice. Why am I doing this? When I started working with...
  10. BlackRoseMii

Anyone interested in a bust generator?

I've been thinking about making a simple "generator" for bust art. It would be basically a psd file where you can make your own character by only having the layers visible that you want. I know there was something like that years ago, but I can't find it anymore. I've also seen a lot of people...
  11. BlackRoseMii

TRADE "Treasure Hunter" is looking for a mapper!

Together with a friend, I've started a new project called Treasure hunter! And for that, I would like to build a team to make it possible ^^ Engine: RPG Maker VX Ace Game synopsis: Have you ever wondered where all the treasure chests come from? Why are they there? Since when? And most...
  12. BlackRoseMii

RMVXA Eternia - The gate to paradise

A legend that was told centuries ago, now forgotten…A legend that led thousands of people into their deaths….Just to cling to a single light of hope…. A legend, that is not allowed to be known about anymore… When you see that single light, will you dare and try your luck, finding the place...
  13. BlackRoseMii

Item command suddenly gone?!

Okay, so while testing my game one last time, I've encountered a very weird and very annoying bug. During the last dungeon (including boss) the item command during battle is completely gone. I have a script that disables the item command, but I made sure to turn that off once I don't want it...
  14. BlackRoseMii

Graphical problems with Victors animated battlers script

I've had this problem for a while, but I put it away, because it's not a game breaking problem. The problem I have is about the bow animation. While the animation of my archer attacking works perfectly, the animation when damaging an enemy is still the "hit physical". But I want it to be...
  15. BlackRoseMii

D.Gray-man

(I hope it's the right thread for this ^^°) Ever since the trailer for the second season came out, I've really wanted to talk about this anime, but I never found someone who was interested in it. So I'm trying my luck here. What are your thoughts about the anime? Have you read the manga or...
  16. BlackRoseMii

Looking for someone to help me with balancing

Since I'm just a beginner in game developement, I have yet to understand how to balance my game. I've tried to understand it myself, I've searched for tutorials, but I honestly still don't quite get it. I don't even know where to start. At this rate, my game might never be released and I...
  17. BlackRoseMii

Hearts Melody

-Hearts Melody- After entering a contest and winning a scholarship for a famous highschool that specializes on music, you arrive in your new school. With you is your best friend Isabel, who attends the same school. But besides her, you know noone. As you go through the first day of school, you...
  18. BlackRoseMii

Looking for a small team for a visual novel

In order to distract myself from my main game, I've started a small project, which became larger than I planned. Therefore, I'd like to ask around for anyone who's willing to help me make this a good game. It's a visual novel styled dating sim. Here's what it's about: "Hearts melody" You...
  19. BlackRoseMii

BlackRoseMii's resources

I've made a few icons now and I think it's time to share them with you^^ They're not much, but I hope somebody will find a use for them. I might update this once in a while. New: some of my battlers: (Large images ahead ^^°) Terms of use: -Please credit me as : BlackRoseMii -You can use...
  20. BlackRoseMii

How to properly start with pixel art

I've recently gotten into pixel art and wanted to try doing that myself. Editing sprites and making icons is what I've done before that, but that's not quite the "pixel art" I'm refering to. Of course, I'd like to make better ressources for games, but the thing I wanted to practice is something...

Latest Threads

Latest Profile Posts

finally, the B-tile is added to the forum and steam!
I hope my annual #DoItForHargon contest gets lots of entries this year (since a Playstation 5 is a pretty big prize lol) XD On further news - I'm back to game devving next week after hiatus cause of that tragedy of losing everything I own.
Rome Trastevere deserve a tileset. Mumble mumble...
Before the full time job, I can make 1 MZ plugin per day, even though it's still hard; With the full time job, making 1 such plugin per week becomes just as hard lol

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
adafon