Search results

1. Manik Rooster

What would go better?

My game is about a young boy that gets transferred to a new world outside of his own. This is an adventure game with action RPG elements. I have a couple of ideas, and I'd like some feedback on which of these story scenarios sound better and why: The boy travels to a new world under his bed...
  2. Manik Rooster

Color Mechanics

I'm working on a platformer/action RPG about a young boy that gets caught in a world that's been devoid of color. Your goal is to restore the color of the world. I think I want the boy's weapon to be a paintbrush. I want to make some interesting mechanics revolving around a lack of color. Maybe...
  3. Manik Rooster

What makes a good game character? Ideas?

I know this is somewhat subjective, but what do you guys feel makes a good character?
  4. Manik Rooster

IG Maker Resource Pack?

I heard that IG Maker isn't a thing anymore. Is there any way to get that free IG Maker Resource Pack? One of my Harddrives with it just died so I was wondering if anyone had it or knew how I could obtain it. Thanks!
  5. Manik Rooster

What do you guys listen to when making your games?

When it comes to making your games, what kind of music do you listen to to get those creative juices flowing? Or are you more of a 'silence is golden' kind of person? It's very eclectic with me. I listen to anything to video game soundtracks to hip hop, depending on my mood. A strange staple for...
  6. Manik Rooster

To those who've sold a game using RPG Maker

To anyone that has sold their game made with RPG Maker, how did it feel when you got your first sale? Was the time and effort worth the reward?
  7. Manik Rooster

RPG Maker VX Ace RTP poses

I haven't been too active on these forums let alone RPG Maker for quite some time, and I recently wanted to get back into my project. There used to be a bunch of RMVXA rtp sprites with poses. I'm mainly looking for sword swinging hero and enemy sprites for a mini game. I can't seem to find them...
  8. Manik Rooster

Monster Catching and Recruitment

Hello all! in RPG MAKER 2003, Is it possible to make these two items: 1- An item that will allow certain monsters to be caught in certain battles(very similar to a Pokeball) and sent off to a farm to be put in your party from there? 2-An item that helps with chances to catch said monsters...
  9. Manik Rooster

Auto-Runner?

I hope this is where these kinds of topics go. So, I'm trying to make an auto-runner (or is it endless runner?) mini game. I'm trying to do this with events. Similar to this, but minus all the platform elements: As this is a mini game I'm looking to make it so the sprite keeps running to the...
  10. Manik Rooster

Looking to have a jacket added to my character sprite

Hello all!  I certainly hope someone on these forums could help me out. I can't draw very well, and I'm looking for someone to edit the sprite i'm using so he has on a brown trenchcoat, much like Columbo or Looker from Pokemon. My main character is a detective. I purchased the POP! Horror...
  11. Manik Rooster

Bombs on the overworld map help

Hello, all! I hope that this support question is in the right place. If it isn't, my deepest apologies. I'm going to try to explain my dilemma in the best way I can. I am looking at how to lay bombs on the overworld map through events. I'd like to have it where you set a bomb, and after a brief...
  12. Manik Rooster

Sprite accessory request

Hello, all! Hope you're all doing well! I have a little bit of a problem. I'm not really good with drawing certain things, and I have a character that needs a blue baseball cap on his head, and I would like the blue to match his jeans. I'd do it myself but, I'm just not much good at drawing...
  13. Manik Rooster

Hello, all!

Greetings! This is a very belated introduction on my part. I started an account MONTHS ago, but with work, school, taking on new ventures and relationship drama, I've been quite busy. Anyhow, Hello, all! I'm Misterblack, or James in the real world. I've been making games for 12 years now (I...

Latest Threads

Latest Profile Posts

finally, the B-tile is added to the forum and steam!
I hope my annual #DoItForHargon contest gets lots of entries this year (since a Playstation 5 is a pretty big prize lol) XD On further news - I'm back to game devving next week after hiatus cause of that tragedy of losing everything I own.
Rome Trastevere deserve a tileset. Mumble mumble...
Before the full time job, I can make 1 MZ plugin per day, even though it's still hard; With the full time job, making 1 such plugin per week becomes just as hard lol

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
adafon